Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of my Husband, My Bestfriend

laurieglowacki1

• Members
laurieglowacki1

On September 18th, 2013, I lost my husband and best friend of 20 years. We have four wonderful children and have had the most Blessed life. I truly have the family everyone dreams about. Tradition, constant activities together, love, faith good and bad moments we share this all. I lost him so unexpectedly, and feel so cheated. I am 49 years old and have never been so scared of being alone. I didn't realize how much being alone bothered me until now. I think that is because I have never been alone. I have so many Blessings still in my life....I just lost the person I enjoyed sharing everything with. I feel like there is no one I no who understands what I am going through. I also feel like everyone avoids me, so alone.

• Members

Hi Forsaken

I lost my wife of 12 years on Dec 1. In the same accident I came away with my life and my kids ended up in hospital. My youngest is a walking miracle. We have just been able to return home and wow is it hard. I feel robbed of my girl. We have great kids we fought for our marriage right till the end and now she is gone. I have 3 wonderful kids and like I say the one came through only by a miracle of god. I am lucky my kids are here. I have to stay strong for them as they are very young. But man is it lonely. I understand.

• Members

I hear what you are saying Forsaken and Newbie.  I am a newbie too. This loss and what we are going through is nothing we could prepare for.  When people reach out to me I feel lonely, when they don't I feel abandoned. I feel like a fish out of water going through the loss of my husband, my best friend. (Nov 2013). A part of my heart and soul went with him and the loneliness can seem unbearable. All the things he did that I just took for granted now overwhelm me.  I'm scared my car will break down or the roof will leak, things I knew he had under control.  I have no clue what is in my future.  I am 59 and we were set to slow down and travel. Now I can't imagine traveling without him there to share in it.  Even my children or friends can't take away this emptiness.  Just know when it feels so dark inside, there are others experiencing the same fears and sorrow.  It helps me to read your words and know these feelings aren't just with me alone.

• Members

Oh how well I can relate to what you are all saying and I am so sorry for your loses and your pain . It just rips my heart out that life has turned out like this! I lost my husband , my love , my world just over 2 months ago from cancer. We fought it so hard together side by side and were determined to beat it! I couldn't even imagine my life without him , he was so much my world ,my love , my everything! We were always together , enjoyed everything together and life was wonderful!! I walk around our home and keep thinking to myself that he should be here with me and it rips my heart out!! Never in my life have I felt such a hurting pain in my heart and right to the core of my being! We both have children from previous and they come by here and there. Trying my best I can to be strong when they are here as I know they are hurting terribly too! This alone and empty feeling is so hard to handle, don't know how much of it I can bare! I have other family around and a few random friends but I feel so alone! People try to be encouraging but sometime they are better off not saying anything! They just don't get it , they don't get the heartbreaking pain I feel. I miss him so terribly bad , I feel numb and almost paralyzed sometimes and it takes all I can do just to get through the day! The tears just keep coming and I'm trying to make some kind of cense out of no cense at all!! I miss him and love him so very much!                         Regards to you all and thanks for sharing with me , somehow it helps know someone can relate to me a bit !!

• Members
lonesomemike

Foresaken just wanted to say I am sorry about your loss of your husband, I know how you feel I lost my wife in May of 2013. If you ever want to talk I am here. Good luck to you and God Bless

• Members

Cheekey, I can totally relate & feel with you. I am going through this too right now, it's only 5 days old & so very raw. My soul is gone, all that made me who I am, gave me the love I need, made my world, is gone & it's too unbearable to live with. I'm grieving quite alone too. I understand.

• Members
strangecommunion

Hi, all.

I am brand new to this site having just been suddenly widowe in July. I don't know how this site works. It was just recommended to me by the funeral home that handled the services. I hope to hear from some of the rest of you what has been helpful (and not) particularly if you have experienced sudden loss (and at an age way too young). Thanks and God bless.

• Members

-_- -_- -_-

Strangecommunion,

I´m a new member too.I´m very sorry for your loss!I´m here because of the biggest loss of my life when my beloved man Jan suddenly died.If you come back on here,you can read my story I posted on the board of the Loss of a partner yesterday.It happened 3 years ago,but it still hurts and always will until I meet my beloved Jan again.I lost "my everything" and my world has knocked down,so it´s the worst wound I´ve ever felt in my whole life too.I´d like to be your support,so you can write me whenever you need to talk to.

God bless you too!

Janka

Hi, all.

I am brand new to this site having just been suddenly widowe in July. I don't know how this site works. It was just recommended to me by the funeral home that handled the services. I hope to hear from some of the rest of you what has been helpful (and not) particularly if you have experienced sudden loss (and at an age way too young). Thanks and God bless.

Archived