Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Death of a Pet

dancetrip

• Members

I have had to see countless numbers of my babies die (to some people they are pets).  To me they were apart of my life.  I miss everyone of them.  This also includes the ones I had to give up.  I now have Arabella an 8 yr old, Mimi a 2 yr old, and Rowdy and Gizmo who are 6 months.  They were all adopted from ACAT here in Albuquerque.  They do know when you are sad, sick, hurt, or just to say hay mom I love you.  This is even during the night. 

You will see your little buddy when you go to the rainbow bridge where he is waiting when your time comes.  He loves you still and is watching over you.  Just like my little ones that I have lost. 

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

IT HAS BEEN OVER 5 LONG MONTHS SINCE I LOST MY BEST FRIEND, DUKE, I MISS HIM SO MUCH!  I STILL CRY EVERY DAY AS IF IT HAPPENED YESTERDAY.  I AM IN A LOT OF PAIN.  I DON'T SEE HOW I WILL EVER GO ON.

• Members

I understand how you feel,it has been 1yr.and 3months since I lost my cat(my baby)I still miss him every day.I have gotten a few kittens since than,and although I love each and every one of them, nobody could ever take Sonnys place,he was my special boy.

• Members
tanmanmymagicman

I usually write on loss of a child....as I lost my 16 year old son in an auto accident.....but today we lost the first pet he ever knew....Our Rocko; he was the MOST gentle dog anyone could ever have; he was a brown lab......He was almost 15 years old and not in the best of health ; but had just been to the vet with no alarming news other than we needed to lose weight and had fatter tumors that he was too old to do anything about.......I tried to keep him comfortable.......electric blanket and a new big warm bed right before Christmas.......we find him on the pool deck this morning...........Heart breaking; Heart breaking for our other dog Barkley also a Lab and Rocko his best buddy for 12 years.....

The world is less bright tonight with the loss of our Rocko.......I will miss you my sweet gentle dog but I know you have no pain or struggles............ I am Cindy; Tanner's mom and Rocko's owner who loved him until he was no more.............

We are having him cremated and spreading his ashes at his favorite cannal where he would chase sticks and swim.............Dogs are here to confort us and he did.....they do not go to heaven I have been told; but I will always seen him in my mind and ; Rocko you will always Rock with all our family......Lots of tears for you today from all of us..............

• Members

How are you doing?  Rocko is sorely missed I am sure.  Losing a pet leaves such a void!  I remember feeling the quiet and stillness of the house when our beloved schnauzer died about 5 years ago   I think your statement "I loved him until he was no more" was so striking.  There is the neatest book I found, I will go and search for the name of it, if I find it I will come back and post it.  Thinking of you. 

• Members

Found it, the title is Dog Heaven by Cynthia Rylant.  IT is a great comforting book.  It is not profound just cute and talks about your dog playing and waiting for you....Check out the library I know you would just love it!!!!:D

• Members
tanmanmymagicman

cindyjean; thank you for your thoughtfullness.....; our other lab is still missing Rocko and was howling again today....the dr. gave me some meds for him but I have skipped a few days and thought he was doing better....But obviously he his still sad and depressed.........  No more dogs for me....we have a bull dog that is 2 years old, our 6 year old mini dadsuand and then our 13 year old lab....too heartbreaking at their loss.......Blessings to you...and again thank you........what a sweetheart you are......Yep; I loved him until he was no more and he did the same:) Cindy; Tanner's Mom and missing Rocko......

• Members

I am so sorry for the lost of your Rocko.  He sounds like he was an awsome dog.   I know how hard it is losing the ones we love and care for so deeply.  I lost my Mia this past March.  Just pic him in heaven chasing the sticks and running in the fields. 

• Administrators

Dear Members,

We are excited to mention that we are moving to a more new and improved message boards on MONDAY MORNING AUGUST 9th! The boards will be done for a few hours while we are making the conversation. Remember we posted information about this move a month ago. For some of you this might seem a bit sudden,  but when we were reviewing the site we determined the current message board you are using is out of date and the company that designed it is no longer in existence. The good news is this new message board will have new features that have been requested in the past like more fields we can add to your profiles and a chat room up to 20 people at one time. If we find the chat room is bursting at the seams we will add additional room for extra people. All your old posts, private messages and such will be migrated to the new message board. You might have to put up your profile picture again but not sure. The new company will be doing the migration for us. Here is a short list of some of the new features on the board:

- Custom Profile Fields- Users can customize their profile pages by selecting a background color or background image, with tiling options.- Facebook and Twitter Integration- users can respond to multiple posts at once with "mini-quote"- Pinned discussion threads - like welcome to our board etc.- Announcements made across some boards or the entire message board- Search: Users can easily find all content generated by a particular member, by clicking the 'Find Content' button that appears on the main profile page, or in the Mini Profile Popup which can be accessed throughout the board. The results page allows content to be filtered by application, as well whether the member created it or merely participated in it. - Privacy: allows users to sign in anonymously, hiding them from the online users list. Users also have the option to disable personal conversations and user-to-user emails, as well as ignore other users if necessary.

The next exciting piece of news about the new message board is it will have a new domain name of www.grieving.com for search engine optimization purposes. It will still be apart of Beyond Indigo and can be found through www.beyondindigo.com. We will be redirecting your current URL's to this new domain name but we might miss a few. If that is the case simply go back to www.grieving.com or www.beyondindigo.com to find your message board thread. We will try to make the transition as seamless as possible. 

The bottom line is the new board will give us room to grow our community and more options to interact better with each other. 

If you have any questions please direct them to feedback@beyondindigo.com.

Kelly Baltzell, MA

CEO/President

Beyond Indigo Family

Archived