Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

How do i bring myself to want to live after my baby was killed

crystalnlouie

• Members
crystalnlouie

i know others have found peace i just dont think i could ever do that.If anyone has advice i would appreciate it.I cant have kids so my dog Taco was my son he healed my heart  about that atleast i could be his mommy.I loved and took care of him very well.I love him dearly i was only away from him for 4 days of his life.He was alomost 8.he was with me through thehardest time of my life.I was neaver lonely with him.My husband works alot so most of my time was spent with him.A speeding car hit him and just left my baby to die in the middle of the road we rushed him to the vet but he was already gone.I neaver knew i could feel this much pain an i struggle to just make it through the day with out thoughts of not wanting to go on.Its been 3 months its not getting any easier for me i cry constantly.I sould have protected him he was so little and i love him dearly.I often wish i would have got hit not him.Everyone is supportive but no one really understands why i am deeply hurt he was just adog to them but he was and is my only son i will ever have.what do i do? 

post-20338-128153889724_thumb.jpg

• Members

Hi, I am so sorry for your loss. I know how you feel -- I am feeling devastated right now because I feel the deaths of my 3 cats recently are all my fault. I live out in the country, and a fox had started stalking my pets over the last few weeks. I lost another one last night -- dumb, dumb, dumb. We let him outside because they were all used to being outside and meowed constantly to go out> Now I feel like a totally irresponsible jerk.

I know it is hard -- I don't ever feel like I want pets again. I don't deserve them.

• Members

Dear Chrystal, I am very sorry for your loss I just lost my big guy of 7 years a couple of days ago and the pain is so intense i never knew that i could hurt this much. all i can do is cry and don't seem to want to do much other than that I don't understand what has happened except that my bear is gone and my pain is real and i also feel like i will die soon i  am scared  now he was my protector when i have been alone  i have been online alot trying to find out i am so weary and don't have much strength to talk to anyone i want to tell them how wonderful my beautuful bear was in all the ways how smart how he lived to smile at me how his eyes just shine when he hears me i am so sad i am so tired i just want to hear my baby bark again. i close my eyes and see him walking towards me as he did each day when i came home from anywhere. he knew that i would always come home as i would tell him so and he would wait patienly he never complained and a few days ago he left and was hit on the free way he had never left before he always stayed at home with us and but he left and we just don't understand why he left and to try and cross the freeway well i am tired to tell the story i am so sorry for your loss i thought that i was going nuts because i never knew my hurt could run so deep. i have a bears little adopted brother little brother and i know that he is also very sad and it hurt me so to see him.i am trying to find ways to ease the hurt and the emotions in me i feel so guilty because i had to make the dicision to have my bear put to sleep it is the hardest thing that i can imagine i held my baby in my arms while the doctor put him to sleep he knew that he had to go so he stopped crying with real tears in his eyes he couldn't understand why but as i prayed i asked God to send St. Francis of Asissi to take my bear back and as i was praying he just laid back into my arms while i whipered in his ears momma loves you baby i just love you so much and as i told him that the doctor cried i am so sorry over and over again as he gave him an overdose of anesthesia freinds and family have been very supportive and many of them i did not think cared but they knew my love for my baby. God Bless you and may you, we all be able to understand and go on somehow ..Rosaelia

• Members

Hello, I hope that you are feeling a little peace, i am very sorry i had written about my big Guy, it has been four days and just when i thought today that i could make it through the day i broke down my heart feels swollen wilth saddness i don't know how i will get through this i am experiencing much fear as if i will just die soon i am trying to keep focused and believe that this pain is normal at this time however it certainly is real and i am afraid to go anywhere.

i had plans on going on a cross country trip to chicago from slc,ut  just my Bear and i and now i am so afraid. my other daughter in Texas is sending me a trip to come out and be with her since her husband will be gone for two weeks and i agreed because my children are trying so hard to help me get through this yet now i don't know that i want to go i just feel very tired.

I thank God each day that my children are all healthy and that if is offending him for grieving so much over my Bear then please forgive me you know there are many out there that never loved a pet as we have.

Bear and your baby will forever feel our love and i will pray for you. I was going through some deppression before Bear left but now i am experiencing more so and i will be going to get medication to help me it is just such an overwhelming feeling remember God loves us so much and your baby loves you i have to believe and so you must if i can help please let me know i know what you are going through and i am so lost that i find myself trying to find anything anyone that will help ease the pain and there are many who do not understand.....

God Bess you i would like to share my Bears pictures from a couple of weeks ago the 4th of july thank you i think that your baby wants to say something to you my Bear is trying to comfort me, please read other comments and read what i have written.

love and peace Roselia

post-20797-128153889817_thumb.jpg

• Members

i am new here and  i an  feeling sad lost my  dog two years ago   feel like its my fault   my grand neice was over we were out in the back yard  on the porch my grand neice was leaving she wanted to go  out in the front yard we told her to go through the  house she  went through the gate instead she left the gate open i know she  did not maen it  she was only 9 at the time   3 days later she died at   the vets said  it was either kiddney or liver cant remember what one    had her for 13 years  my best friensd still cry at times  had another dog to   before this ine she died at the groomers  had a seizer     did not have that dog long  i feel like i  am being punshed   i am afraid to get another dog might happen again:(

• Members

I am so sorry - Hugs - your pet is with God now - you will be together with him again one day - until then volunteer at a animal shelter etc - there are many others needing love to - you can still make a difference, Peace, Angel.

• Members
butterfly13

meggyboo- Please don't be afraid to get another dog,their are sooo many out there that could use the love you have to offer.I lost 2 of my cats last year-and my mom,hardest year of my life.My mom was my best friend and my cats were my babies.I have since adopted 3 kittens.One just 2weeks ago,he would have been put to sleep because they told me adoptions are really low this year because of the economy,and they are over-run with animals.My pets are the only things that keep me going most days.Please consider getting another dog,he will not replace the ones you have lost,but it will help ease the pain of your losses and give you that unconditional love only a pet can give!!Good luck to you!!;)

• Members

Me too - my cat is what keeps me going as well - She knew my mom before my mom died and its like shes a piece of my mom - go to a shelter and find a new friend instead of thinking and weeping over what is lost try to focus on what could be new - your pet would want you to not be sad your little buddy would want you to go and find another buddy like him   :0)

• Members

if you want to look online - you can just type in a city say San fransico animal shelter for instance and it will show you what pets they have available - it would be great to save a pet's life by adoption - so many are put to sleep bc of no owners available  

Archived