Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

How can I see my Daddy one more time?

kittykuddlz

• Members

I do too, I keep asking him to show me some sort of sign. I have heard that it could happen when least expected or when your own spirit is calm and in the right place. I hope that you see your Daddy. I hope it will bring you some peace.

a ((((hug)))) for you

Regina

• Members

Dawn,

I will be thinking of you and will say a prayer for you that you will have peace of mind while you are still grieving. There is no time limit. It takes some of us a little longer to accept losing our loved ones. Especially our parents (Daddys). I still miss mine and it's going on 3 years. Miss the sound of his voice and our conversations and everything that was like it was before he died.

I try to do things that would honor his memory, even as life goes on. Remembering all the lessons he taught me on how to be a good person and 'do the right things'. We are so blessed to have had them in our lives to teach us these things.

Take care,

Regina

• Members

The last dream I had of my Dad was a few years ago, when I was having some custody issues with my ex-husband. I dreamt that my Dad looked unshaven and I felt the stubble as I kissed his cheek.

When I woke up I felt disturbed by it, because I sensed that he was feeling sad for the situation I was in at the time. Thankfully it was temporary. I'd love to see Dad in a dream again, but I want it to be happier this time, to see him smile. I would love to know he's okay and relaxed in his other life. My father was a good man, he had dignity and integrity and I have no doubt he was sent to a happy place where he is relaxed and free of all the difficulties that plagued him in this life. We were happy as a family unit, it was Dad's health that caused him a lot of stress. 

One of the first dreams I had of Dad was around 2001 where he looked healthy and happy, wearing a blue polo shirt. He was slimmer, and he happened to be standing about a foot off the ground - was levitating. I remember thinking 'Wow, there's Dad!' and I felt comforted by how well he looked. My mother and brother have also seen good dreams of Dad, and now more recently one of our cousins has also seen him as well and rang my Mum to share it with her.

I'd love some more contact with my Dad, I miss the thrill of waking up knowing I had contact with him. I hope to experience a sign again sooner rather than later.

Patti

• Members

Tha anniversary of Dad's death has come and gone. It was a very difficult couple of weeks. But I had friends and my partner to stand by me. Then a few days after my brother told me he wants to sell the house I am living in (was dad's). Since Dad died my relationahip with bro has worsened considerably.  I imagine Dad in heaven crying as he looks down and sees how my bro is treating me.  I know he worried about me and asked bro to take care of me. He worried cause i do not work because of a disability.

• Members

I just posted about hitting that year mark after losing your father. I am sorry you are having a hard time with your brother. Dealing with a love one's assests and the emotions around that does funny things to a family. As an executor myself I can relate. everything is so touchy. Hang in there! I tell myself often that there will come a time when the craziness of dealing with this loss will lessen.

• Members

I doubt that the relationship between my brother and me will ever mend. He wants me to change and I want him to change. My only option then is for me to change my attitude towards him and at this point I am unwilling to do that.  Sigh. It makes the grief even harder because I have lost my entire family not just my father. But thank God I have friends that are my family of choice that love me unconditionally.

Kitty

• Administrators

Dear Members,

We are excited to mention that we are moving to a more new and improved message boards on MONDAY MORNING AUGUST 9th! The boards will be done for a few hours while we are making the conversation. Remember we posted information about this move a month ago. For some of you this might seem a bit sudden,  but when we were reviewing the site we determined the current message board you are using is out of date and the company that designed it is no longer in existence. The good news is this new message board will have new features that have been requested in the past like more fields we can add to your profiles and a chat room up to 20 people at one time. If we find the chat room is bursting at the seams we will add additional room for extra people. All your old posts, private messages and such will be migrated to the new message board. You might have to put up your profile picture again but not sure. The new company will be doing the migration for us. Here is a short list of some of the new features on the board:

- Custom Profile Fields

- Users can customize their profile pages by selecting a background color or background image, with tiling options.

- Facebook and Twitter Integration

- users can respond to multiple posts at once with "mini-quote"

- Pinned discussion threads - like welcome to our board etc.

- Announcements made across some boards or the entire message board

- Search: Users can easily find all content generated by a particular member, by clicking the 'Find Content' button that appears on the main profile page, or in the Mini Profile Popup which can be accessed throughout the board. The results page allows content to be filtered by application, as well whether the member created it or merely participated in it.

- Privacy: allows users to sign in anonymously, hiding them from the online users list. Users also have the option to disable personal conversations and user-to-user emails, as well as ignore other users if necessary.

The next exciting piece of news about the new message board is it will have a new domain name of www.grieving.com for search engine optimization purposes. It will still be apart of Beyond Indigo and can be found through www.beyondindigo.com. We will be redirecting your current URL's to this new domain name but we might miss a few. If that is the case simply go back to www.grieving.com or www.beyondindigo.com to find your message board thread. We will try to make the transition as seamless as possible.

The bottom line is the new board will give us room to grow our community and more options to interact better with each other.

If you have any questions please direct them to feedback@beyondindigo.com.

Kelly Baltzell, MA

CEO/President

Beyond Indigo Family

• Members
kandicepamforeverfriends

Lost my best friend on july 14th 2012. She was almost home and wrecked and died instantly. Gave me her will a week to the day the died last year. Its like she knew. We always watched ghost stories together. Now its like I say outloud. Kandice if your here with me PLEASE do something or show me a sign anything. Just to talk to her one more time. I know exactly how u feel sweetie. Just one more talk would help a lot. However my pastor says she is in heaven why would she want to be on this horrible earth again? Something to think about. Hugs!!

Archived