Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

10 seconds Lord

gambitjr

• Members

"10 Seconds Lord"

To give her a hug, a kiss on the cheek,

To tell her how much we loved her.

To see that she is safe, surrounded by those who love her.

To step back and exchange smiles, and a wink.

Just 10 seconds Lord, 10 seconds.

I wrote this for my daughter. Those who walk this path of hell know what I mean.

Al Rollin

copywrite - 2013

• Members

I don't want just 10 seconds, God. I want my son back for the rest of my life!!!

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

I feel the same Al Rollin. This Friday will be 1 year. The last few days have been especially hard.

Debbie, if you would like to post back in the Loss of an Adult Child thread...especially with the one year anniversary coming up...

Thinking of you as this anniversary date is Friday...

Jesse David's Mom

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Debbie...many on this site knows how the 'count down' to the 'day' your world changed forever...your heart shattered...is so hard to walk. We want to hear about you and how you are doing...and tell us about 'your girl'....please take it one minute at a time...and know we will be holding you in our hearts, thoughts and prayers. It is just so damn hard.

Oh yes....10 seconds....there will always be that one small...quiet time in each and every day that no matter how good the day...sunshine streaming down...and I count my blessings many times....that I hit the wall...and say...'I just want him back'....then comes the melt down...then...I say.."It's ok John David..it's ok...I know you wouldn't have left me unless you had to....and I'm ok".....he would not ever want his Mama to be this shattered and broken.

Archived