Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

ADC's, Visions & Dreams

cvaughan598

• Members

I have a question that I am not quite sure how to ask.

Is it wrong to look for signs, visions etc? I feel like I spend so much time looking for my mom all day and feeling empty when I don't "find" or "feel" her anywhere. It is exhausting. Part of me says you can't force a presence or a sign so stop...another part of me says be alert because you don't want to miss anything. I am so hungry for an affirmation from her. I read about the things that people have happen like visions and dreams and I ache for it.

Thanks

Hi Susan,

Are you asking is it wrong from a religious perspective? I would assume that the answer would be "yes" in some cases, "no" in others depending on your personal belief system.

I can understand how you want affirmation; hopefully in time you will receive your answer. But, if you and your mother are Christian, then you know that your mother is safe in Heaven with God, because that is the reassurance/affirmation the Christian faith offers for believers. Sometimes, we just have to take things by "faith," which is difficult to do for most of us in this day and age.

ModKonnie

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

After my wife passed, I moved to my brother's place in Phoenix. I am still there but not long after moving in with him I started to have some interesting dreams about my wife. I had 3 very realistic dreams where I had conversations with my wife about what happen and where she is now. They seemed like a message to help me out and thats how I'm taking them right now. Personally, I think they were real and here they are....

Dream One: I was suddenly standing on a grassy hill with a few trees around. I remember feeling the wind blowing and seeing the clear sky above. To my left and down the hill stood several people. I couldn't make them out from a distance but I know they were people. I turned back and looked forward and saw my wife standing before me. She was wearing a long blue robe and had a smile on her face. I asked her if all this was real and she said "oh yes, it's real". I forget some of the conversation but she was wearing glasses like she did alive. I asked "why are you wearing glasses here?" and her response was "Because this is how you remember me". I woke up soon after not knowing where I was. It was so real and unlike any dream I've had before.

Dream Two: I fell asleep at my brother's place and started to dream again. In the dream, I was sitting on my brother's couch WITH my wife. We were talking and I asked her what had happen that morning when she passed. She placed her left hand on my knee and smiled. She told me her death was an accident but she is okay now. Her touch felt so real. It was like she was sitting right there with me. It was so real!

Dream Three: My last dream had Tracy (my wife) visiting me once again. We talked more about what happen and she once again informed me that all is well with her. This time she told me that she would not be able to visit me anymore. She said she would see me again someday but could not come back to me now. I remember being upset when hearing that but it was okay. Since that dream I have not had any others even close to being similar. I have had nightmares but no dreams that were as real as the three I mentioned.

So, I told this to my family who are Christians but they said to be careful. Said those dreams could be sent from Satan trying to trick me. Now, I can see him sending me the nightmares but why send dreams of Tracy in a place that can only be described as a place of peace and love? Why would she encourage me and assure me she is okay if those were sent by the devil? I like to think God sends people messages through dreams to help heal the hearts, mind, and souls of those of us who are still here suffering that great loss.

• Members
1319495508' post='79827']

After my wife passed, I moved to my brother's place in Phoenix. I am still there but not long after moving in with him I started to have some interesting dreams about my wife. I had 3 very realistic dreams where I had conversations with my wife about what happen and where she is now. They seemed like a message to help me out and thats how I'm taking them right now. Personally, I think they were real and here they are....

Dream One: I was suddenly standing on a grassy hill with a few trees around. I remember feeling the wind blowing and seeing the clear sky above. To my left and down the hill stood several people. I couldn't make them out from a distance but I know they were people. I turned back and looked forward and saw my wife standing before me. She was wearing a long blue robe and had a smile on her face. I asked her if all this was real and she said "oh yes, it's real". I forget some of the conversation but she was wearing glasses like she did alive. I asked "why are you wearing glasses here?" and her response was "Because this is how you remember me". I woke up soon after not knowing where I was. It was so real and unlike any dream I've had before.

Dream Two: I fell asleep at my brother's place and started to dream again. In the dream, I was sitting on my brother's couch WITH my wife. We were talking and I asked her what had happen that morning when she passed. She placed her left hand on my knee and smiled. She told me her death was an accident but she is okay now. Her touch felt so real. It was like she was sitting right there with me. It was so real!

Dream Three: My last dream had Tracy (my wife) visiting me once again. We talked more about what happen and she once again informed me that all is well with her. This time she told me that she would not be able to visit me anymore. She said she would see me again someday but could not come back to me now. I remember being upset when hearing that but it was okay. Since that dream I have not had any others even close to being similar. I have had nightmares but no dreams that were as real as the three I mentioned.

So, I told this to my family who are Christians but they said to be careful. Said those dreams could be sent from Satan trying to trick me. Now, I can see him sending me the nightmares but why send dreams of Tracy in a place that can only be described as a place of peace and love? Why would she encourage me and assure me she is okay if those were sent by the devil? I like to think God sends people messages through dreams to help heal the hearts, mind, and souls of those of us who are still here suffering that great loss.

I am so very sorry for your loss of your wife. I enjoyed reading about your dreams. I enjoyed them because I believe they were real also. I am a Christian also and at one time may have felt and believed the same way as your family. However, after my daughter died she came to both me, and my husband in a dream. I had much guilt over her death and blamed myself. When she appeared in the dream, I cried out and asked her for forgiveness. Also, the way the bible says in the end all the truth will come out? I confessed my failure to her and said things I did not realize and could not have conjured up. It was cleansing and spiritual. I was emotional and crying. Then she was gone and I woke up. I had sensed her presence. My husband also had a dream about her in the same time frame. And then no more. In the bible Jesus appeared to his disciples onEarth before ascending to the Father. I believe my daughter came to me because she knew me, knew I would blame myself, and the confession was for me and my sake. I know these dreams were real. I think she had just not ascended to the Father yet and was telling us a final goodbye. I don't know if this helps. But you know what it was. It was peaceful and like you said, why would Satan want to promote that?

• Members

After my son left me on 16 th June this year...he has come in my dreams...hugged me and told "no mom....I can't come back to Bangalore...I didnt seem to mind as I was with him and was happy...there was this radiance in him..in that place.. I want to tell everyone that Kiru is safe.... But could not call or talk to anyone... Another time....in my room where there was no wind...my full length curtains ( till ground level) was flowing and caressed my cheek...not once but three days continuously... Yet again...whenever I m weeping...crying.... An yellow butterfly or a multi color butterfly appears out of no where... No matter what time...whether trees r around or raining .... Flies zig zag and when I feel happy or rather peaceful...it leaves.... On my son's 38 th day one kitty....street reared one... came home ....came inside slept on my lap... curiously played with all my son's stuff including his study table... Was with us for one full month and one fin day.....disappeared....I was feverishly checking with my neighbors whether anyone saw her... Till that day everyone knew it was loitering around my home... Now no one is able to tell where it has gone....for some time it made me real sad...then I thought...may be he knew it's time for me to move on...the "signs" make u peaceful as well as sadder as it hurts that he wants to communicate with me but couldn't in the sense the worldnunderstands... He is with me all the time than he ever was when he was with me physically...

Kiran's Mom

Banu

• Members
BreathofAngel

Dear Ones,

I just wanted to let you know that I am finding all of your experiences with ADCs, Visions, Dreams, etc. most delightful and am so happy that your loved ones have come to let you know that they are still with you!

There has been some talk about whether it is "of the devil" when we experience visits from out loved ones but I just have to say that we should, of course, always test the spirits as the Bible says to do to be sure they are from God. God does allow our loved ones to return and give us signs that they are here with us in order to bring us comfort especially in our time of grief.

As for dreams, if anyone has any misgivings about dreams or visions from their departed ones and thinking that is a bad thing, this is what The Holy Bible has to say.

"In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed; Then He openeth the ears of men: and sealeth their instruction," -- JOB 33:15-16 (KJV)

God Himself, many times comes to us in dreams to give us advice, etc!

And if there is anyone who wonders about communication with those who are departed, here is what the Vatican had to say about that.

http://www.after-dea...View.aspx?id=12

So, thank God that He allows our loved ones to visit us from spirit until we can rejoin them!

May God bless each and every one of you and keep you safe, happy, and with much Hope!

-------------------------------------------

Life truly becomes what YOU make of it!

Whatever your experience is exists because

it was or is In Your Mind! -- BreathofAngel

• Members

I am so happy to find this forum. I have had so many experiences but am hesitant to share them with my friends or those who have not lost someone as they think I "losing it". But he comes to see me all the time. Whenever I am really down, crying and in my darkest moments the left side of my head where he always kissed me would tingle, like I light touch. And even when I am happy and thinking of him I feel it. I have no doubt that God allows him to see me and a lot. They both must know I need it. As sad as I can be, sobbing, when I feel the touch I am immediately calmed and tell him that I feel him. May seem silly, but I believe it whole heartedly.

And as for books, you have to read the following; "Heaven is for real" and "To Heaven and Back"... will blow your mind. I am going to get the book "Hello from Heaven" today. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Members

I to have had a couple of dreams in regards to my mom who I lost June 21st 2012. My first dream came about 6 weeks after she died. It was myself my daughter my grandson and my mother. My daughter and I were playing with him and my mom was crying she got up from where she was sitting and left the room. My friend said that my mom was telling me that she was sad for not being able to say goodbye to us. She was a huge support for my daughter and her son. The next dream I had included both my parents neither said anything to me they just smiled at me. Just this past week I woke from from a heavy sleep to the smell of my mom and one of her cats sitting straight up on my pillow above my head. I felt very peaceful at that point and went right back to sleep. I know my mom is with me because I smell her body wash or laundry soap. I will also add the day she died a clock that she had given my grandmother had fallen off the wall at the exact same time as the car accident. My grandmother knew at that moment something wasn't right. Her feeling were confirmed when my Aunt called her to tell her my mom was gone.

• Members

I had the most wonderful dream with my departed son last week. It was nearly time for me to get up for the day, I looked at the clock (about 4 am), then dozed back off.

In the dream, I was in a room going through a stack of paper, and ran across a lengthy checklist of things that I had had to submit for my son's school when he was younger. Then, suddenly, my son was there and saying how much he appreciated everything that I had done for him. It was an extraordinarily vivid dream, and I knew that I was in a dream, that he was dead, and even what day it was and what was scheduled for that day. I was able to hug him, and we talked of all sorts of things. I talked about my concern for his dad and how he was handling the loss. It was like we were both physically present, together. i was very aware how special this time was, and how important it was to make the most of our visit together. Then, suddenly, I woke up, looked at the clock, and it was 4:15 am.

Even though the dream was about 15 minutes, it seemed much longer than that. I remembered everything upon awakening, and felt that I had been given the most amazing gift. I have NO DOUBT that our souls were truly communicating.

• Members
odetoanoddity

There is one dream that is quite vivid in comparison to other dreams. I had this dream in August, months before my boyfriend had passed away in November from cancer. I don't know what to think of it, could it be a precog dream? I was on an airplane with my parents, and there were three elderly people sitting behind us, two women and a man. The man had tarot cards in his hand, and the woman said I would go on a long journey on my own. I asked repeatedly about my boyfriend, and whether I'd see him again, and the woman said no, and showed me a card with a man lying face down on the ground...

I remember telling my boyfriend about this dream, which was actually part of a larger dream. Although he helped decipher other parts of the dream, I noticed he didn't talk about the part on the plane...

I also noticed, while reading old conversations on Facebook a couple of nights ago, that my boyfriend may have had a precog dream himself ! His grandmother had passed away in September, and he told me on the 31st of August that he had had a dream of swimming with her in a lagoon surrounded by little islands and that there was an underwater cathedral. Dreams are highly personal, and I'm guessing he didn't tell me all the details, but I'm going to guess that perhaps this was a dream that showed that he was going to join her soon? It's just a guess, and ignited a spark in my mind when I read that conversation again.

Archived