Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

ADC's, Visions & Dreams

cvaughan598

• Members

Hi I was wondering if someone could help me understand a couple of dreams that happened when my daughter Jade was murdered. Before Jade was killed she came to me one morning quite upset about a dream she had in which she saw herself being stabbed to death, this was about 2 weeks before it actually happened. I told her it was just a dream and that to dream about death sometimes meant new beginnings I didnt want her to be upset, but now I cannot get this out of my mind as I feel that it was a sign that I ignored. Also the morning Jade was murdered I had a dream where I also saw her death, this too I am struggling with as it plays in my mind and I would like some understanding of what it all means. with regards, Fuscia

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Dear Fuscia,

I only know how hard it is to intetepret dreams. My husband had one that we later understood to warned of a huge near-death life changing accident he had the next day.

So many dreams can not be intrepreted, understood, or do not occur in one's life...

The best thing I think is to ask the divine to show you the meaning....Or ask your angels to help you see and understand...

So often this is seen after the fact, but you can ask your daughter to come to you in your dreams, and let you know she is OK, she loves you, and help you understand and forgive yourself...That is never too late...

Gramma-Martha

• Members
Hi I was wondering if someone could help me understand a couple of dreams that happened when my daughter Jade was murdered. Before Jade was killed she came to me one morning quite upset about a dream she had in which she saw herself being stabbed to death, this was about 2 weeks before it actually happened. I told her it was just a dream and that to dream about death sometimes meant new beginnings I didnt want her to be upset, but now I cannot get this out of my mind as I feel that it was a sign that I ignored. Also the morning Jade was murdered I had a dream where I also saw her death, this too I am struggling with as it plays in my mind and I would like some understanding of what it all means. with regards, Fuscia

Hello Fuscia. It is understandable that you didn't want Jade to be scared about that horrific nightmare, but the truth is there is a reason that at the time you didn't really think anything of it. When we die it is because we learned what we were meant to learn in this lifetime, regardless of the method or manner of death. The dream you had that you saw her own death I think corresponds to a tremendous guilt you feel for thinking you ignored a sign. The truth is that it was not your fault, and odds are that even if you had told her that the dream was real and to get out of the situation somehow, it was meant to happen anyway, and we can never run from our fates. When we dream of them ahead of time, like when we dream of our own deaths, I have always believed that it means someone is waiting for us on the other side to guide us, because it is already known to God and whoever you believe in that we are about to cross. Loved ones are waiting for us, and Jade's time came for her to be taken abroad. This was not your fault and there was nothing you could have done or said to alter the situation. Please let me know how you are doing. Please write back soon when you get the chance. This was not your fault. Namaste, Bruja Blanca

• Members

Gramma....I am sorry that you daughter passed on. It sounds like you were very close. Has she come to you since? Being a psychic team together must now be very interesting for you. I hope she is letting you know that she is near in her own special way and in a way that only you would understand.

I am trying to tap into my ability to do this. I think we all have it and just have to learn how to channel it.

Any suggestions?

• Members

Fuscia - I had dreams for months before my boyfriend passed away. never specific about how he died, but just him dying and sitting on the edge of the bed telling me it would be alright and that he'd never really leave me. these dreams gave me such anxiety. i would cry about them, but never really understood what they meant. i had a constant knot in my stomach, and i kept thinking, what is my gut trying to tell me? I just had a bad feeling in general. i've come to believe that yes, the forboding can be real, that we can sense things on some level, but at the same time, God has a plan and we can't stop that. It is a very hard realization. I would love to think i could have locked russ up until i stopped having those dreams and then he would be here today, but it just can't happen that way. same thing with your daughter. you had a strong connection, of course you are going to sense things like that. but it doesnt make it your fault for not doing anything. i am so so so sorry you lost her. but please dont blame yourself, and know that yes, you may have sensed something, but there was nothing you or anyone could have done to stop what happened. and as not consoling as this is (i kinow because it is said to me all the time!), she really is in a better place.

• Members

Laurra,

Thanks for your kind words...Yes, doing psychic work with Vangie was a highlight of my life...She loved it as well, and continued on as long as she could. She has given me many messages from the other side, and is continuing her spiritual unfoldment and development there. She does miss her family, and has to wait patiently too, as we all do on this side, to be together with them again...

Altho I do not know whom you lost, I can assure you that some one or ones are sending you clues and signs repeatedly. Begin to ask for more signs, and that your loved ones come to you in dreams, through familiar songs on the radio, and through your intuition; or thoughts that come into your mind in answer to a question that you realize you probably would never have thought of yourself.

Always surround yourself with white light, and ask that only the highest energies come to you.

Take it slowly, and you will unfold in your own way, opening safely your latent spiritual and psychic gifts and talents.

I could write much more, but try these things, OK?

You will be led as you are ready.

Gramma-Martha

• Guests

Hi everyone

I am in the process of writing a book based on supernatural experiences

following the passing of a loved one. If you would like to share your

experience please send it to me at jerhenderson@yahoo.ca. As I may use it in my book I do need your permission to use it; I would also like your first name and first letter of your last name, or your full name, or if you prefer you may share it anonymously. I am writing this book to give comfort and hope to those who have lost a loved one. I personally had such an experience following the death of my mother and it greatly helped me to cope with her loss. Thank you.

• Members

I am a Christian, and I believe in the Word of God. But after death, I think we can be spoken to in dreams, etc. We must be open to this and some of my dreams or just knowing his presence is in the room with me really helps me cope. Although, I think we must be careful in this area and not give Satan a place to get into our grief and need for comfort from our loved one.

I do not mean to offend anyone, just what I feel is right via Bible

Sincerely

• Members

Grannyc, How ironic! I was just studying something of Scripture that sort of speaks to what you said, but I still have nowhere found anything scriptural to substantiate dream vists from my son to me. That doesn't mean people aren't having them... I just can't find where God has put that in practice as a tool for our comfort.

Col 2:18 Let no one disqualify you, insisting on asceticism and worship of angels, going on in detail about visions, puffed up without reason by his sensuous mind,

I study God's Word intensely, and even moreso since I lost Joey, because I desire to know what God actually says about all of this that is now relevant to my life. Some things I've found have left me longing because I can't understand it all fully in this life. Other things have brought me comfort and peace in just knowing God's grace is sufficient for me. Though I would love for certain things to be so, I haven't found much regarding dreams outside of the numerous prophetic dreams discussed in the old testament.

I'm glad you posted, and in no way is my response meant to offend or attack anyone else about their beliefs or practices. This is just one grieving mom posting with another on something that sparked my interest. Each person has to find their own way on matters of the heart and grief...

Hugs to all who grieve and are in search of their comfort.

• Members

My boyfriend passed away in May everyone around me kept having dreams about him and it was frustrating me that I hadn't yet. When I finally had i was shocked to hear that everyone else's were similar to mine. I remember at the very end of the dream i said to him you shouldnt be here your supposed to be dead and he replied i know but im not going anywhere for a while. each one of his close friends i told about it said they all had the same type where they knew he shouldnt be there but he wasnt leaving. i strongly believe it was really him and not just my subconscious. i recall two weeks earlier he was telling me how he had a dream that I was in a car accident i had backed into a poll or something, 2 weeks later i got a call that it was he who was in the car accident and was with his friend- they both died.

• Members

http://www.afterlifeangels.blogspot.com

Hi,

Please visit my website about ADC's. i have written a book called "Look for the Butterfly" after I lost my uncle due to the most violent circustances (my cousin, his son) murdered him. I recently lost my dad. So many people have told me that the book has been helpful to them. I hop my website will be helpful, too. Colleen

cdahlgren@wlswv.org

• Members

[user=18827]cdahlgren[/user] wrote:

http://www.afterlifeangels.blogspot.com

Hi,

Please visit my website about ADC's. i have written a book called "Look for the Butterfly" after I lost my uncle due to the most violent circustances (my cousin, his son) murdered him. I recently lost my dad. So many people have told me that the book has been helpful to them. I hop my website will be helpful, too. Colleen

cdahlgren@wlswv.org

• Members

I wanted to tell you about a dream I had. A very good friend of mine that I have known since I was a teenager had a cousin who had been ill for a very long time. My friend (Cathy) was grieving over the loss of her cousin. I too knew her cousin since I was a teenager.  She passed away.  A couple of months after she passed away I dreamt that I saw her walking down a street in my neighborhood.  I approached her and stared at her.  I apologized to her and told her that she looked like someone I knew, I said "you look like Janet."  She said "I am Janet. " I said "But Janet is dead."  She looked at me and didn't really say anything but I knew that she was dead.  I said that she looked healthy and happy and she said that she was healthy and happy.  I remember in the dream how her hair was so shiny and her complexion just glowed. She stared at me then and didn't say anything.  I said "You want me to tell Cathy that you're happy don't you?"  She nodded.  I opened my arms and we hugged each other.  When I pulled away from her she was gone.   That dream has stayed with me and I remember it like it like it was yesterday.  It was very vivid, colorful, I remember it with great detail.  I called my friend Cathy the next day and told her about it and we both cried on the phone.  The odd thing was she had had a dream also about her cousin and other relatives that had passed on. 

• Members

For All~ My dear 25 year old son departed from this Earth on June 16, 2004. He has left many, many miracle signs. Here is a flower pot that I was getting ready to  paint white one day. I had rinsed it all out, and was getting ready to spray paint it in our driveway when I noticed this BEAUTIFUL "Mother Mary" on the inside- I ran to get my camera, held the clay pot between my feet so I could capture many pictures , this being one of them!! I even have pictures of me holding the miracle between my feet!

I have MANY miracle pictures that I will continue to share here!! When they appear I take so many!!! I do not have a digital, and my printer doesn't scan, so I send the pics to my sister and my daughter, and they scan, then email them to me!! It is VERY amazing, as Danny was and always will be!!

LOVE

mamabets  

post-12239-128153886469_thumb.jpg

• Members

I also believe our loved one speaks to us in our dreams.  After my mother passed away my sister and I  had been searching her house up and down for mom's check book to talk care of some bills and stuff at the funeral home.  We couldn't find it anywhere in that house.  That night mom came to me in a dream, she hugged me and talked for a short while then before she left she said the check book is in my room on the quilt rack under some quilts.  I woke up and could not wait to go to her house.  I drove over there, saw my sister and asked her if she'd found the checks yet and of course she said no.  I said I know where they are, went right to where Mom had told me and sure enough they were in her room on the quilt rack.  When I gave them to my sister she asked me how I knew where they were and I told her mom told me.  It really lifted my spirits and gave me some comfort. 

• Members

For littlebug~ That is an amazing story...These things to help to soften the blow! There is a book titled "Hello From Heaven" and it is so incredible, how in it, it describes how our loved ones are still as connected to us as ever. Thank you for sharing your story!!!

LOVE

mamabets

• Members

momabets,  Thank you.  I actually bought that book after my mother passed away.  And it really did help me a lot.  I plan on reading it again soon.  I can remember talking with you on here a long time ago and you helped me so much.  Thank you again.  You are a true blessing.  Were you one that said when I was pregnate that you wanted to be a cyber aunt?  I was thinking that you were.  Just wondering.

Littlebug

• Members

Robin Renee,  I just read what you sent to Chris and Wow!  You have an amazing gift.  I have had several dreams about my Mom and Dad who have passed on.  (dad in 05 and Mom in 06)  And i know they weren't just dreams.  They do try to communicate to us in them at times.  I wish I could translate them as good as you did with this one.  That is amazing!!!!  God bless you.

Littlebug

• Members

For littlebug~ I don't remember saying anything about being a cyber aunt, but you know what ?? I have so many nieces and nephews and they all LOVEEEEEEE me!!

LOL

Not to mention my sweet daughter and our 2 grandaughters...

PLUS, one of nieces and one of my nephews are with babies now..My niece has 2, and my nephew has one..All girls!!!

They call me the "baby whisperer'...:D

Tell me all about your wee one, or do you have more than one little one??

LOVE

mamabets

• Members

mamabets, Wow, it sounds like you have a big family.  That's great.  I have a little girl that is now 14-months-old.  She is my little angel.  I also have a 15-year-old step-daughter that is with us usually every other weekend.  I hope to have another child in the next year or so.  But we will see how that goes.  I'm 34 right now and don't really have a lot of time left for baby making. lol.  However, my mother was 38 or 39 when she had me, so I guess there is hope. lol.  But yeah, my baby girl was sent to me straight from heaven,  I believe that with all my heart.  My mom or dad never got to see her and that was so hard for me not having them here for me with my first.  But she looked just like my Mom when she was first born.  It was amazing.  She'd make some of mom's facial expressions and I'd eithor cry or laugh.  It really made me feel as if mom was right there with me.  I'm the youngest of 6 children.  I came later in life and I guess I kind of grew up like an only child since my siblings were already grown and married by the time I was a teenager.  My sister's would always complain that I got more than they did growing up.  And I did, but I was the only one left and they could afford it then.  But really, they got the best part.....having them to watch their children grow up and being there for all those questions you have on how to care for a new born and all that stuff that you just take for granted that they will be there for.  It just seems so unfair to me.  But on the bright side,,,,I am so proud of myself because I have done it all by myself.  I guess all of your pain and losses really do make you a stronger person.  You don't even realize it at the time.  In a 4 year period I lost my dad, mom, had to move, got remarried, had a baby, quit my job of 14 years to be a stay-at-home mother.  I am just now slowing down and can look back at those 4 years and it's like a big blur and I'm like, what the heck happend here.  I am not at all the same person I used to me.  My child is my life now.  She actually saved my life.  If I didn't have her I don't know where I'd be right now.  But anyway, I didn't mean to write you a book here.  I guess I just needed to open up.  I have no one to open up to since Mom's been gone.  Sorry, and thanks for listening.   Thank you for your kind words and may God bless you.

Littlebug

• Members

I have a question to anyone that has small children....How old are they when and if they start having an imaginary friend?  My 15 month old daughter did something the other day that has me wondering about this.  She was on one of her riding toys and went down the hallway, got off and walked to the front of it (the truck) and was acting like she was petting and loving on someone.  She was jabbering away and kissed it, padded it some more, hugged it and said bye bye and got back on her little truck and rode back down the hall.  This kind of freaked me out because she is so little.  My first thought was, could she be seeing my mom and dad who passed away before she was born?  Then yesterday morning I saw on the Montel show that their is a growing number of children physic's these days and described things simular to this.  I don't think my child is physic or anything, it just got me wondering about it all I guess.  I hear all sort of stories about this kind of stuff and I am just courious.  I am interested in hearing everyone's thoughts on this.  Thoughts, own experiences, etc...  I'd appreciate any feedback on this.  Has this happend to anyone else?  Should I be concerned?  Could she have seen my parent's.  Questions, questions, questions...lol.

• Members

Hello, All of you most wonderful people....

I lost my son, Bill (30), 3 months and 2 days ago. I have read everything I can get my hands on. When I went to purchase  Hello from Heaven, there was a book...sitting apart from the others....The Afterlife Experiments : Breakthrough Scientific Evidence of Life After Death (Hardcover)

by Gary E. R. Schwartz

I have read it and OH MY!!!!!   I am researching some of the mediums used in these experiments at University of Arizona. I WILL find a medium and connect with my precious son.

If anyone else reads this book, please contact me...  sherrie8168@aol.com

Thanks....our loved ones are still HERE just in another diminsion. They see us and know what is going on in our lives...AND our pets are there, too.

Sherrie

Bill's Momma

http://bill-mcmahon-iv.memory-of.com/

• Members

I think that may be the next book I pick up, Sherrie. Now i am reading "Hello from heaven", and its so lovely, comforting. I have "dreamt" of my David just once since he was killed, and this one dream has meant more to me than anything. I long for comfort and reassurance from him in any way possible. Despite my relgious convictions and what I have always felt and known about life, death, and life after death, the mother part of me just longs for "something"....

On another note, I do have an experience of "after death communication" to share. I also lost my first born son nearly 20 years ago.  He died shortly after birth. I went on to give birth to 3 more boys within the next 5 years. My son Nic, the oldest surviving child, had MANY contacts with his deceased brother, all while he was a very young child, and completely unaware that he had even had another brother! He was about 2 the first time he told me about "the boy" in his room. He asked me who the boy was, gave very clear descriptions of him, etc He would have conversations with him, etc this went on for several years, even moving from one house to another. Finally, when Nic was about 7, I tucked the boys into bed, and set about telling my first born son that it was "time to move on"....I simply told him that I loved him, but that God loved him more, and that he needed to go to God. I assured him that we would be together again. We never heard from Mickey again, as I know he did as I told....

I know that my Mickey was the first to greet his little brother David when David went to heaven just 4 months ago. I love them both and miss them greatly.

love Lisa

David and mickey's mama

• Members
sherrie8168

Morning, Lisa...

I am almost through reading "Hello From Heaven" and it is ASTONISHING!!!!:shock:

I hope you receive a message from your sons. They most definitely ARE together...caring for one another and looking out for good ole Mom :)

Please let me know if you do receive a message or sign...I am interested.

Love and prayers for us all...

Sherrie

• Members

Thank you for your reply Sherrie. I just joined another group, one which focuses on after death communications. This isn't "mysticism", and there is no psychic medium involved. The facillitator is a grief therapist and members are taught how to recognizes signs that may be sent to the passed over persons loved ones. I just joined this group, but in reading through much of their material and speaking with some members, i am finding it to be a comforting part of this griving experience. If anyone is interested in checking this out, please email me for info.

Peace to all in God's Holy Name,

Lisa

David's mama

• Members

Hello, It's been a while since I came onto this thread, but about a week and a half ago, I had a dream of my mum.  I've been a little stressed recently due to health reasons etc but in the dream, I was sitting next to her at this table, she was sat on my left.  She looked very normal, but for some reason, no-one knew she was there, but only I knew she was a spirit.

I turned to her and said 'Mummy!', not Mum or Mother, I started crying, she looked at me and we went to put our arms round each other and then she dissapeared.  That's when I woke up and felt flattened as it wasn't real.

It still puzzles me now as to why I had that dream.

Sue

• Members
robinann202

Sherrie, i read all those books and then some...They are great, they helped me alot to understand what i was going through--and helped me understand.  Where r u living--i know of  a medium reader--but she is near me... She helped me so much--I was able to breath again--i was shocked and stunned--Relieved!!!!!

• Members
survivor22

I my 26yr old son to suicide on June 2, 2006. He died in my home and I was devastated. My lights started turning off and on by themselves and my clock radio started giving out static when it was turned off. I then started to find dimes all over the house and I sensed my son around my house for about six months. I still feel him when I am having bad days. Then I lost my youngest son to an accidental drug overdose on Oct, 10 2007, he was 18. I never had the same activity at the house that I had when his brother passed but I can tell you with out a doubt they are ok and very much around me. I also had several very vivid dreams after they died and told me they were ok and I could feel them. When I am having a tough day I feel them close by and find dimes. I found this poem just after my youngest son died and I found comfort in it:

What is dying?

What is dying

A ship sails and I stand watching

till he fades on the horizon

and someone at my side says, "He is gone".

Gone where? Gone from my sight, that is all;

He is just as large as when I saw him....

The diminished size and total loss of sight is in me,

not in him, and just at the moment when

someone at my side says, "He is gone",

there are others who are watching him coming,

and other voices take up a glad shout,

"There he comes!.......and that is dying.

(Author unknown)

• Members
missingddbdkb

david's mom,

on my 45th birthday, i woke up first thing i thought of was my brother and nephew that died in dec 2006 11 days apart.  i went to the kitchen window and looked out and i swear i seen both of them just a grinning and looking at me and saying, quit your crying for us, because we are happy and we are going fishing together and having the time of our lives...i know this sounds crazy, but it seem so real, and put it this way, my day got better, i felt like they were ok.

daphne

• Members

Probably a long shot as I see there hasn't been a post on here since June last year but I'm hoping this gets read. 

I lost my dad just over two years ago, I know he's around me and get lots of signs from him but the one thing I'm desperate for is to dream about him, I need to know from him that he's okay and he's happy - it sounds silly writing that but it's how I feel.

I did have one dream towards the end of last year, dad made a sort of "guest appearance", I was leaving a house with someone and said I just had to go downstairs to say goodbye first, I went into a room and sitting in one chair was my dad and in another chair was my cat curled up asleep, dad just looked up but didn't say anything.  A few weeks later I had to have my cat put to sleep.  Could this have been dad's way of "warning" me that I would lose my beloved pet but that it was okay because he would take care of him?

I really would appreciate someone else's view on this and also any advice anyone can give me if there's some way I can find contact with dad, is there anything I can do to help the process.

Trish

• Members
butterfly13

It sounds to me that your dream WAS a message from your dad telling you that soon your cat would be joining him.My dad died 7yrs. ago and for the longest time I would dream of him every night.I lost my mom 9mths.ago and now the same thing is happening,I dream of her all the time.This should make me happy,but when I wake up it just makes me so sad because I want to pick up the phone and talk to her.After she died weird things would happen at the oddest times,and I felt her around me,I don't feel that anymore,and I don't get anymore "signs"from her.I have read alot of books lately and they all say that we need to talk to our loved ones out loud.Maybe you need to do that with your dad?If you don't feel him around you,or if you haven't gotten any signs from him,maybe it means that he has crossed over to a better place and he isn't able to be with you right now,that's what I like to think with my parents.

• Members

Thank you for your reply, and sorry to hear of both your losses.

I do get signs from dad, my mum gets a lot more... but then however much I need something from dad I know mum needs it more so I'm happy with that, plus I get to hear her talk about it and it makes me feel good.  I have heard that if someone was ill for a long time then they go through a stage of healing once the pass over which may be one reason why he doesn't come to me in a dream, but I also know that in order to accept a communication from a loved one you first have to accept where that communication is coming from, and even though my head seems to have accepted his passing I don't think my heart has yet caught up, I still seem to be numb from any feeling, I haven't really grieved for him and the oddest of all is that I don't miss him ... and I desperately want to miss him and feel that loss, otherwise I think I'm going crazy (we were very close).

I truly hope that you can find some comfort dealing with your loss, I wish I had words of advice I could give to you but sadly I can only say how I deal with losing dad when I'm feeling sad about him, for me I just have to think of the funny things he said, we like to share these memories in our family and it helps us greatly to laugh at our fondness of them, and when I'm doing DIY I just imagine him standing there telling me how to do it "properly"... in fact he probably is standing there doing just that knowing him.

I hope one day that I will be lucky enough to have some real communication with him, one on one, I have tried the talking out loud a little but I think I'm going to try a little harder and try not to feel silly doing it.

Good luck to you and once again thank you for your reply

• Administrators

Guess who is traveling the farthest to our reunion?

It's Trudi.

Trudi is traveling all the way from Australia to Minneapolis, MN for our Beyond Indigo reunion in August!

If Trudi can make it, so can you! 

Come check our reunion page: http://www.beyondindigo.com/reunion/

Hope to see you there!

• Members

I had a very healing dream about my husband who passed in March 2006. We were holding each other crying telling each other all the things we had learned about death and dying since he died. It was very real.

• Members
missingkevin

Wow, I didn't know this forum was even here!  I know it's natural to dream about departed loved ones but I've had some odd occurences also!  One time during a storm after my son passed, the power went off but the clock radio in his room started BLARING!  It was so bizarre!  No, there were no batteries in the radio and he'd been gone for several months and this had never happened before.  It went off as quickly as it came on and I really felt like he was there.  I'm sure someone could dismiss this as an electrical current or something but after the power went out, to pass the time I was playing Tetris on a handheld device.  My son had disabled the sound for me long before he passed but suddenly the game started beeping and chiming while I played.  Yeah, I knew then that he was there and I just smiled through my tears.    :)

• Members

Hi everyone, just been reading through some of your experiences and it has prompted me to share some of mine.

To be honest, had this not happened to me i would have remained the sceptic i've always been. I always felt that grieve and loss and all the shock and awful pain that comes with it can leave us in a vunerable place. By that I mean, 'wishful thinking', we all want and need a sign to reassure us. It hurts not to know.

Thats not to say that that i haven't felt that there is some kind of 'life after death', but just didn't have a strong enough faith i think.?

I lost my lovely mum suddenly and unexpectedly 20 months ago. My sisters and i found her at home, she was 62. It was in very traumatic circumstances and i cannot, even now, put it into words.

The weeks between her death and the funeral and several weeks after that we experienced some incidents that we have no explanation for.

The phone line continually crackled and buzzed when any of my three sisters were on the line, speaking to anyone else it was fine. The computer 'ate' words that we typed to read at mum's funeral, (this happened 3 times, once when two of us were there it just shut down). This had never happened before or since. Then two weeks after her funeral was Christmas week. We decided to put a tree up because my young daughter needed it really. After vaccuming the needles up, i was just putting things away when a very loud 'electrical' sounding 'pop' went over my head. My sister and i both ducked thinking a bulb had gone. Nothing. We checked fairy lights, all the bulbs in the house and electrical sockets and everything was fine. i know she was there.

Since then i do feel mum with us in much more sutble ways, usually some of her favourite music comes on. Just wanted to share. ((hugs)) 

• Administrators

Hello!

Could you take a moment out of your days and elect Beyond Indigo for the spotlight program for American Express? You have to register but then you can vote for us. We need 50 nominations by tomorrow night Midnight!! If we win then we receive 100,000 dollars which I want to put towards a site administrator for this website. Can you please help and pass the word to the others?

Just go to http://shinealight.ivillage.com/, click nominees and type in Beyond Indigo and our name will pop up. The direct link to the page is here at

http://shinealight.ivillage.com/nominees/?PerPage=10&Order=&x=0&y=0&Search=Beyond+Indigo.

Let's shoot for 50 plus nominees by tomorrow night! Thank you for your help.

Kelly Baltzell

Founder

Beyond Indigo

• Members

I lost my son Jeremy, 30, to accident 1 year,2 months, 2 weeks, 5 days.  About 2 weeks after accident, he left voice mail on my home phone.  The phone was beside me, did not ring, but was blinking voicemail.  It was about 11:00 in evening.  I dialed my voicemail number, listened to the voicemail, it scared me to death!!  It was Jeremy leaving me a message, "I LOVE YOU MOM!"  There is do doubt that it was his voice.  Many things have happened to us, alot are electrical things, phones and my husbands truck radio.  I could fill this screen up.  These things he does are beautiful, I feel it is all his ways of telling us he is still here loving us, checking in on us.  We have orbs in pictures, objects being moved in my husbands garage, little signs which we know comes from our son, comforts to us.  My second dream, I finally saw his face, was after a year since I lost him.  It was more than a dream, we were together.  We were in his truck, he was driving, I was sitting close to him as his wife would.  I had my head on his shoulder, our arms were locked at elbow.  He had his black hat on backwards, a rub of snuff in his lip!  We talked, I asked him if he talked to daddy like this, and he replied that he was with daddy earlier that day.  He lets daddy know he is around by suddenly turning on his truck radio on, with flashing words, 0000000000 (his nickname is zero)  To get to my point, I could feel warmth where I had my head on his shoulder, not a dream, I felt the warmth even when I woke up. If you use a digital recorder, letting it just record, you will be suprised at what it picks up!  Not wishful thinking, it is knowing that his presence is still here at times.

• Administrators

Dear Members,

We are excited to mention that we are moving to a more new and improved message boards on MONDAY MORNING AUGUST 9th! The boards will be done for a few hours while we are making the conversation. Remember we posted information about this move a month ago. For some of you this might seem a bit sudden,  but when we were reviewing the site we determined the current message board you are using is out of date and the company that designed it is no longer in existence. The good news is this new message board will have new features that have been requested in the past like more fields we can add to your profiles and a chat room up to 20 people at one time. If we find the chat room is bursting at the seams we will add additional room for extra people. All your old posts, private messages and such will be migrated to the new message board. You might have to put up your profile picture again but not sure. The new company will be doing the migration for us. Here is a short list of some of the new features on the board:

- Custom Profile Fields

- Users can customize their profile pages by selecting a background color or background image, with tiling options.

- Facebook and Twitter Integration

- users can respond to multiple posts at once with "mini-quote"

- Pinned discussion threads - like welcome to our board etc.

- Announcements made across some boards or the entire message board

- Search: Users can easily find all content generated by a particular member, by clicking the 'Find Content' button that appears on the main profile page, or in the Mini Profile Popup which can be accessed throughout the board. The results page allows content to be filtered by application, as well whether the member created it or merely participated in it.

- Privacy: allows users to sign in anonymously, hiding them from the online users list. Users also have the option to disable personal conversations and user-to-user emails, as well as ignore other users if necessary.

The next exciting piece of news about the new message board is it will have a new domain name of www.grieving.com for search engine optimization purposes. It will still be apart of Beyond Indigo and can be found through www.beyondindigo.com. We will be redirecting your current URL's to this new domain name but we might miss a few. If that is the case simply go back to www.grieving.com or www.beyondindigo.com to find your message board thread. We will try to make the transition as seamless as possible.

The bottom line is the new board will give us room to grow our community and more options to interact better with each other.

If you have any questions please direct them to feedback@beyondindigo.com.

Kelly Baltzell, MA

CEO/President

Beyond Indigo Family

• Members

My parents were puzzled when I would continually insist that my mother take me to see my "other mother" and my sister Darlene. :angry: I apparently began speaking earlier than my siblings and almost immediately began expressing my impatience and determination to see them and when that would be !! Becomming increasingly agitated and frustrated with their lack of understanding and cooperation; "Not you !!! My OTHER Mother !!" When she had confirmed that my father was not living a double life with two families ..:o . they began a quest to explain what they experienced and witnessed raising me. My parents began actively researching the topic of reincarnation, and found case histories involving children that have carried over memories and characteristics that do not come from any currant life experiences. Vivid memories and :unsure: emotions from a life time before being born into the present family (life). Eventually, my parents packed up the family and moved to Virginia Beach, Virginia to allow them the oppertunity to interact and study amongst the many Associates of the Edgar Caycee Foundation.

I also saw my brother hours after he passed from complications of Diabetes. Suddenly and Abruptly the windchimes he gave me for my birthday forcefully shook abck and forth several times, with intent. Immediately I was conscience of the lack of any breeze ... the first thing that occurred to me was that someone had startled me deliberately judging the way the branch was snatched back and forth several times clattering the chimes together surprisingly loud. When I snatched my attention toward the sound, I saw my brother smiling and bending his leg twice. He called out with a beeming smile " Look Lin, I got my leg back !! I know I had not imagined seeing him because just as quickly as I had seen him he was gone , taking with him all traces of the saddness that had gripped my heart . I felt the joy and the elation that I saw present on his face and I did not feel sorrow only love -:) Linda

timeand quote name='littlebug' timestamp='1199974268' post='34439']

I have a question to anyone that has small children....How old are they when and if they start having an imaginary friend? My 15 month old daughter did something the other day that has me wondering about this. She was on one of her riding toys and went down the hallway, got off and walked to the front of it (the truck) and was acting like she was petting and loving on someone. She was jabbering away and kissed it, padded it some more, hugged it and said bye bye and got back on her little truck and rode back down the hall. This kind of freaked me out because she is so little. My first thought was, could she be seeing my mom and dad who passed away before she was born? Then yesterday morning I saw on the Montel show that their is a growing number of children physic's these days and described things simular to this. I don't think my child is physic or anything, it just got me wondering about it all I guess. I hear all sort of stories about this kind of stuff and I am just courious. I am interested in hearing everyone's thoughts on this. Thoughts, own experiences, etc... I'd appreciate any feedback on this. Has this happend to anyone else? Should I be concerned? Could she have seen my parent's. Questions, questions, questions...lol.

post-296361-085029400 1283924672_thumb.j

• Members

Hi,

How interesting. So do you recall an entire history,like years and years of experiences? Do you remember events, times, places, etc.? Do you remember another name?

I am fascinated. I don't really know anything about all of this, but I find it somewhat fascinating yet a little frightening, somehow.

What did your parents find out, and did your experience with your brother somehow offer them any comfort or solace in their grief?

Thanks for posting, and welcome.

Konnie

• Members

Hello thanks for your response !!

Actually I only remembered while I was quite young, as is common with carry over memories and children...they fade. and I was 7 or 8 years old when I stopped remembering anything or at least I stopped mentioning it around that age my mother said.

When we moved to Virginia Beach to be close to the A.R.E we met the most AWESOME people !! I was exposed to psychics, energy workers, alchemists... you name it and someone was available to take you as far as you wanted to go with your studies. There were meditations and activities for children , picnics with activities that strengthen and defined our own unique gifts and interests.

When I saw my brother, after he had passed... I think they may have wondered if I was alright ... I had a hard time getting used to him not being available to chat with and learn from. The saddness returned after a couple of weeks unfortunately : )

• Members

I just wanted to add my experience here, not sure if it is the right place?

My mom died last week suddenly. I am an only child and she is the only family I had left besides my children. I flew from Ohio to Las Vegas the same day I found out she was ill in the hospital. By the time I got there my previously very vibrant active mom was in ICU on a respirator. The dr said she came in with stomach pains and they found a huge grapefruit sized mass on the CT scan in her abdomen. He told me it was almost definitely cancer and she had had it for a long time. When I got to her, her skin was cold, her stomach was swollen like she was 9 months pregnant and she was only being kept alive by the respirator. She appeared to see me at one point (she was very drugged on morphine). I told her I would do everything in my power to make sure she was comfortable. She nodded at me and then fell back asleep. She appeared to be in pain still and I asked for more morphine. The nurse said they could not give her more unless I was ok with removing life support and allowing her to pass whenever she stopped breathing. I signed for them to take the ventilator off and two drs signed also. I knew my mom had a living will and did not want heroic measures/life support machines. Within about 3 minutes, my mom took her last breath and I saw the light leave her eyes.

My son had driven out to Vegas and he drove me back home over a few days. I spent three days looking at incredible scenery going by, crying and doubting myself. I became desperately afraid that I had done the wrong thing and that maybe if I had insisted the dr would have operated we could have taken out the mass and saved her. I cried and cried thinking I had not done enough for my mom.

My son had been playing the radio the whole time....mostly contemporary music that I didn't even know. All of the sudden I heard a voice on the radio say,

"By the way, we are all very proud of you, you made the right choice".

Then it went back to music. I felt like it was my mom, and my grandma and grandpa and aunts all together again telling me I did the right thing and trying to ease my self torture.

Now I find myself hungry for more affirmation. I want to know she is ok, happy. I want to know I will see her again.

Thank you all for reading this. God bless you all.

Susan

• Members

I just wanted to add my experience here, not sure if it is the right place?

My mom died last week suddenly. I am an only child and she is the only family I had left besides my children. I flew from Ohio to Las Vegas the same day I found out she was ill in the hospital. By the time I got there my previously very vibrant active mom was in ICU on a respirator. The dr said she came in with stomach pains and they found a huge grapefruit sized mass on the CT scan in her abdomen. He told me it was almost definitely cancer and she had had it for a long time. When I got to her, her skin was cold, her stomach was swollen like she was 9 months pregnant and she was only being kept alive by the respirator. She appeared to see me at one point (she was very drugged on morphine). I told her I would do everything in my power to make sure she was comfortable. She nodded at me and then fell back asleep. She appeared to be in pain still and I asked for more morphine. The nurse said they could not give her more unless I was ok with removing life support and allowing her to pass whenever she stopped breathing. I signed for them to take the ventilator off and two drs signed also. I knew my mom had a living will and did not want heroic measures/life support machines. Within about 3 minutes, my mom took her last breath and I saw the light leave her eyes.

My son had driven out to Vegas and he drove me back home over a few days. I spent three days looking at incredible scenery going by, crying and doubting myself. I became desperately afraid that I had done the wrong thing and that maybe if I had insisted the dr would have operated we could have taken out the mass and saved her. I cried and cried thinking I had not done enough for my mom.

My son had been playing the radio the whole time....mostly contemporary music that I didn't even know. All of the sudden I heard a voice on the radio say,

"By the way, we are all very proud of you, you made the right choice".

Then it went back to music. I felt like it was my mom, and my grandma and grandpa and aunts all together again telling me I did the right thing and trying to ease my self torture.

Now I find myself hungry for more affirmation. I want to know she is ok, happy. I want to know I will see her again.

Thank you all for reading this. God bless you all.

Susan

Susan,

I am very sorry about the passing of your mother. You did do the right thing. Had the doctors been able to operate, I'm sure they would have immediately. You had a tough decision to make, and you did what your mother wanted you to do. I'm sure she is proud of you.

We will be here to support you,

ModKonnie

• Members

Thank you so much Konnie. I feel like I did the right thing but the grief feels like a heaviness that I can't get away from. It was so sudden with no warning. She went from going out to eat with her friends and working a part time job to being critically ill in the matter of a day. I don't know how to understand it. I just know I miss her so much. I want to call her and ask her how to get through this. I know she lost her parents but I don't remember her talking about how she coped.

Last night I went to the gym and tired myself out. Still looking for signs of her. Wanting more than anything to know she is ok.

Susan

• Members

Thank you so much Konnie. I feel like I did the right thing but the grief feels like a heaviness that I can't get away from. It was so sudden with no warning. She went from going out to eat with her friends and working a part time job to being critically ill in the matter of a day. I don't know how to understand it. I just know I miss her so much. I want to call her and ask her how to get through this. I know she lost her parents but I don't remember her talking about how she coped.

Last night I went to the gym and tired myself out. Still looking for signs of her. Wanting more than anything to know she is ok.

Susan

I certainly understand wanting to know if she is okay. I want to ask my father the same thing. I know how it feels to desperately want to talk to someone and you can't because of that great divide. I trust that we will all be able to laugh and talk and joyfully reunite one of these days. Until then, we move forward inch by inch until we can smile and remember the good times.

My father suffered for months, years really, before he passed. We knew it was coming, but still it was so hard and shocking when it actually happened. Nothing prepares you, nothing at all for that moment. The suddenness of your mom's illness may have been a way to ease her suffering, or maybe it was for a different purpose. Regardless of why it happened, it did, and you are left in anguish. You will find your way again, it is just going to take time. We will be here for you, really.

ModKonnie

• Members

I have a question that I am not quite sure how to ask.

Is it wrong to look for signs, visions etc? I feel like I spend so much time looking for my mom all day and feeling empty when I don't "find" or "feel" her anywhere. It is exhausting. Part of me says you can't force a presence or a sign so stop...another part of me says be alert because you don't want to miss anything. I am so hungry for an affirmation from her. I read about the things that people have happen like visions and dreams and I ache for it.

Thanks

Archived