Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

ADC's, Visions & Dreams

cvaughan598

• Members

Hello all! Just wanted to share this and get some feedback on what it might mean. I had a dream a few nights ago, New Years actually. I had broken down at midnight (first without my wife in 8 years). When I went to bed I dreamed that I was dancing with her. I could see her face and we were slow dancing. I could see her face and feel her body but nothing else. I don't remember my surroundings or anything else. I do remember that the song was "I Swear" by All-4-One, our song and the one we had sung at out wedding. I asked her when I would be able to see her or be with her again and she whispered in my ear "in a few years."

I have been trying to dream of her for a long time and when I did I had that dream. Could mean any number of things. I've considered it could be that something may happen to me, but I don't see that happening considering she doesn't want our 5 month old to be without either of us. I considered what dreams mean like the dancing can mean dancing around an issue, moving in harmony with something or someone, and joy or celebration. With that in mind, I've thought that maybe it was meant to say that Madison, my daughter, would be like her mother and I would see my wife in her. Any ideas or suggestions? I doubt that it means something is going to happen to me, but obviously for me to see her or be with her that is what would have to happen. I don't see her letting that happen to me. Just wanted to see if maybe anyone had any ideas or similar type dreams that I could compare to.

Thanks!

Chris

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Chris,

I think that somewhere I've read that time is different for us than for our loved ones that have "passed on". Years to us is only a very short time to them. And, I believe that as I think they are so happy and peaceful where they are that time is no issue and they know that when the time is right we will be together again.

Check these things out.

www.dianeross.com

HELLO FROM HEAVEN by Judy and Bill Guggenheim

Also, try and read books by George Anderson and other mediums.

You are doing a great job!

Laura

• Members

Chris,

What a wonderful dream! I’m sure this was not just a dream. It was a visitation by your dear wife. The symbolism is so rich with her love for you.

To dream that you and your wife are dancing signifies freedom from constraints and harmony/balance together. It also represents happiness, intimacy and the eternal union you share.

But more important than that, whispering in your ear signifies that your wife wants to tell you something, she’s trying to send you a message. I am sure she wants you to look at the words to your song. I have a feeling that she wants you to know that the lyrics still apply. She’s like a shadow by your side. She’ll stand beside you through the years.

I swear by the moon and the stars in the sky

and I swear like the shadow that's by your side

I see the questions in your eyes

I know what's weighing on your mind

You can be sure I know my part

Cause I stand beside you through the years

You'll only cry those happy tears

And though I make mistakes

I'll never break your heart

Chorus

And I swear by the moon

And the stars in the sky I'll be there

I swear like the shadow that's by your side I'll be there

For better or worse

Till death do us part

I'll love you with every beat of my heart

And I swear

I'll give you every thing I can

I'll build your dreams with these two hands

We'll hang some memories on the wall

And when (and when) just the two of us are there

You won't have to ask if I still care

Cause as the time turns the page

My love won't age at all

And I swear (I swear) by the moon

And the stars in the sky I'll be there (I'll be there)

I swear (and I swear) like the shadow that's by your side

I'll be there (I'll be there)

For better or worse

Till death do us part

I'll love you with every beat of my heart

And I swear

And I swear (I swear) by the moon

And the stars in the sky I'll be there (I'll be there)

I swear (and I swear) like the shadow that's by your side

I'll be there (I'll be there)

For better or worse (better or worse)

Till death do us part I'll love you

With every single beat of my heart

I swear I swear I swear

I feel strongly that she led me to your post so I could tell you that the part about “till death do us part” is incorrect. She is still with you. The love you and your wife share is eternal. She’s closer to you than your own heartbeat.

“In a few years” could refer to your being able to see her in your daughter. I am quite sure that will happen. But she also could be telling you to watch for her and listen for her. She will be sending you signs and messages.

I’m sure you already know the words to your song. But I wanted to include them in this post because your wife wants you to see them again and understand that the living, thinking, loving, remembering part of her is immortal. She still loves you. And she is watching over you and Madison. And many years from now… many decades from now, all of you will be together again... forever.

Lovingly, RobinRenee

“A Bridge of Love between Heaven and Earth:

Self-Induced Contact in the Afterlife

http://www.spirit-sanctuary.org

• Members

Dear RobinRenee,

I lost my husband 8 months ago. And,in a six month period I lost him and both my parents...After my husbands "passing" I was totally overwhelmed with the thought I would never be with or see him again. That's when I began reading about the "afterlife". I found a Spiritual Church that is helping me but I don't attend weekly because of the distance. I am reading books as well but my grieving presently is slowing that down a bit. I went to a medium and had a reading that really helped me because she told me things that she wouldn't have known and that helped me realize that my dear husband lives on. Now, I feel I need to see him myself. I did have a dream several months ago...my husband was standing with me at his calling hours and we were both looking at his casket and he said, "I am not there"....so that gives me reason to believe he was trying to tell me he lives and is with me. I also saw his face appear in my bedroom window this summer. And, when I close my eyes always I can see him and I feel he is desperately trying to break through to me. We were so close and the loss is tremendous! I am intrigued by your website, your history and the possibility of reading your book. Do you have anything to say to me that you think would help me to break thru to my loved ones on the "otherside". I miss them! Can you help me?

Laura

• Members

RobinRenee... I don't think I have cried so hard in my life. I have listened to the song over and over since her death and never looked at the words. I am at school and my kids are looking at me like I'm crazy! Those words, always meant something when we first danced to them at her Senior Prom and then again at our wedding... I had looked at them only as a memory not as a message from her now. Thank you, so much for that. It gives me a whole new perspective... Unfortunately I haven't had any more dreams since then that I could remember because I haven't been sleeping very well... Maybe an hour or two a night and lots of caffeine to keep going during the day. But Thank you so much for posting to this, I have been struggling lately and that really helps...

• Members

Dear Laura,

I am so sorry... your husband and both parents lost so close together. What a terrible thing for you. I pray that I can help. I’m not a psychic or medium. I can just tell you how people on the earth plane and loved one in the afterlife interact.

Your husband and parents did not “pass away” anywhere. They are still with you. Your souls/spirits have always been together in the spirit world. None of that has changed. The awful thing we do have to accept is that physical things have changed. Your loved ones have detached from the physical body (one that you had grown to love and cherish).

The daily events that you shared in the physical world, now you do without their physical body to interact with. And that is a grievous loss. Even when you see them as an apparition, or hear them speak to you… as wonderful as that is, it is not the same as before they passed through the veil. Contact in the afterlife helps with grief and bereavement, but there is still a lot of pain to walk through.

It is possible to know that they are still with you. It is possible to interact with them spiritually. They can see you and hear you, and they can even touch you. But your physical senses cannot detect them. Your mind is the interaction between your brain and your soul. Therefore, you can interact with them with your soul, which will pass the information along to your mind.

“After my husbands "passing" I was totally overwhelmed with the thought I would never be with or see him again.”

That is an overwhelming thought, but it’s erroneous. You are with him now in the spirit world. And your soul sees him and hears him.

First, let’s go back to things you already know. Psychologists say that each of us has an inner child and inner parent. We internalize our loved ones. You have internalized your husband and your parents. That bond of love that we internalize is eternal. You and your husband and your parent’s souls are bonded together in the spirit world right now. The human soul is never inside a human body. It is always in the spirit world.

Try this... gather up things that remind you of your husband. Find a quiet spot and allow yourself to become still inside. Concentrate and visualize in great detail about something you and your husband did in the past that is a wonderful memory. Again, concentrate and visualize in great detail.

ASIDE: It feels to you is if you are concentrating and visualizing with your brain… but you are not. These are functions of your soul. And remember that your soul and your husband’s soul are together all the time.

Mystics have told us for thousands of years that this world is an illusion. Quantum physicists are finally discovering that this is true. The world and our physical bodies seem so solid and so real to us. But they are actually similar to a hologram. (But it’s much more complicated. If you wand do a search on the “holographic paradigm”. And here http://twm.co.nz/holoUni.html is an introduction to Talbot’s “Holographic Universe.”)

Anyway, back to concentrating and visualizing your husband. As soon as you start doing this your husband will know that you now realize that he’s with you and that you want to be able to see and hear him, and even feel his touch. I promise you he’ll be as happy about this as you are. Together you will be able to create his apparition, his voice, and his touch. The only thing you actually have to do is concentrate and visualize and believe. Your and your husband's soul do all the work. Prayer helps a bunch too. Ask God for permission to communicate and for assistance in accomplishing it.

It won’t be as solid and convincing as the world that God creates. But it will be more than enough to let you know that your husband is still alive and with you. Also it gets better and easier to accomplish for you as time passes. Your husband already understands the process, but he needs your assistance and cooperation to manifest on the earth plane.

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

Robinrenee

• Members

Dear Chris,

I’m glad you have a new perspective. I’m sure that’s what your wife was wanting. The words to the song are beautiful.

I know you’ll dream about your wife many times in the future. When we sleep, only the brain is sleeping. As I said in my post to Laura, your soul and your wife’s soul are bonded together eternally. One of the easiest times for her to get through to you is in your dreams. We just don’t always remember them.

In the future when you dream about your wife, remember that what you dream is in symbols. The afterlife is far too magnificent for us mortals to comprehend, so all we get is symbolic.

robinrenee

• Members

RobinRenee,

Thank you for writing me back. I don't know what to expect. Do I meditate with my eyes open or closed. When I close my eyes anytime of the day I can see my husband's face and a siloette of my dad. I really think they are both trying to get thru to me. Today when I meditated twice like you said I get the same thing...when I close my eyes. I would love to have an apparition with them both. My dad's sister did have one when my dad came to her after he "passed on". She said he was just like he always was and she touched him/kissed his hand and they talked briefly....I want that so bad....How come it happens quicker with some than others and then some not at all???? Do you think when we are upset it is harder for them to cut thru the density of our grief? Tons of questions I know...but I really do feel they are trying hard to break thru to me...What do you think????

Laura

• Members

Dear Laura,

I’m definitely not an expert at meditation, but I can tell you how it works for me. I usually only meditate once a day (busy household :-)).

First, I ask God for permission to be with my daddy, or my spiritual mother, or whomever I feel the need to talk with.

Then I spend some time getting still inside. I prefer low light for this. I’ll use my daddy as an example. Then I visualize daddy in as much detail as possible. I visualize some memory shared with him. That part I do with my eyes closed. Sometimes I begin to smell daddy’s cigarette smoke. (Daddy was a smoker.) I always feel his presence during the visualization. I also talk to him during this time. Answers from him always “pop” into my head as I talk with him. Occasionally, I audibly hear him.

By this time, I’m very relaxed and feel his presence very strongly. I open my eyes ever so slightly...almost looking through my eyelashes. Sometimes I see his apparition when I open my eyes this way. The times that I, so to speak, sit up and try to focus on him, he disappears. So, I’ve learned to be happy with the slightly out of focus apparition. Maybe 1/4th of the time I get an apparition while I’m meditating.

But the best part of this is that my daily meditation enables daddy to appear to me randomly throughout the day. He can be as silly now as he was in the physical body. An example... I’m out grocery shopping, and I turn to put cookies into my grocery cart. Daddy might be standing there grinning and say something like, “They’ll make you fat.” Of course, no one else sees him, so I try and remember not to do anything dumb like stand there and talk to him. But it is such a wonderful feeling to know that he’s right with me.

I see him a lot more when I’m not meditating than when I am.

“How come it happens quicker with some than others and then some not at all????

Do you think when we are upset it is harder for them to cut thru the density of our grief?”

They have to use your and my psychic energy to appear as an apparition. We can give it to them without even thinking about what we’re doing. You know how it feels to be around someone that’s so happy and excited about something that they’re almost jumping up and down. That’s psychic energy, and it’s contagious. The happy person is just spilling psychic energy all over the place.

On the other hand, someone that is grieving or depressed (not the same things) almost seems to have a psychic vacuum around them. They pull psychic energy from other people, even though they don’t mean to do that.

In other words when you’re grieving, you don’t have much psychic energy to lend the soul/spirit that wants to appear to you.

“...but I really do feel they are trying hard to break thru to me...What do you think????”

I’m sure they are. They want to communicate with you as much as you want to communicate with them.

Hope this helps. I’ll check back here tomorrow to see if you have any more questions.

Lovingly, RobinRenee

• Members

I am a newbie here. I have only been to this site once before and posted in another channel. I lost my dad to cancer almost a year ago. I have learned much through the months that followed his passing and feel I have a deeper imsight into life and appreciate the blessings I have now more than ever. I still have one problem though, I know one day I will lose my mother and wonder will I be able to handle it. I wonder how I will feel then , alone and ophaned even though i am an adult with grown children of my own and a wonderful family and friends. Is this fear normal , and how do i prepare now for what may be. Please i appreciate a reply.

• Members
I am a newbie here. I have only been to this site once before and posted in another channel. I lost my dad to cancer almost a year ago. I have learned much through the months that followed his passing and feel I have a deeper imsight into life and appreciate the blessings I have now more than ever. I still have one problem though, I know one day I will lose my mother and wonder will I be able to handle it. I wonder how I will feel then , alone and ophaned even though i am an adult with grown children of my own and a wonderful family and friends. Is this fear normal , and how do i prepare now for what may be. Please i appreciate a reply.

• Members

Dear Hilly52,

I always wondered that throughout my life, how I would handle loosing loved ones in my life and just the thought would bring me to tears. Now, I know because I lost both my parents and my husband all in a short time span and I cry alot because I miss them so. All I can say is live your life and enjoy your mother because all we have is today...not yesterday and not tomorrow. I thought my husband and I would be together forever but at 49 I find myself alone raising 3 teenagers...it is the saddest time of my life and I am coping the best I can but it is not easy. Everything everyone else says on these post I can vouche for as I feel much the same...it is a process and I hate every bit of it. I'm sorry for your loss! Keep writing...it helps....

RobinRenee,

I am still working on it and everything is the same. I really feel they are with me and trying to get to me. Every time I close my eyes I can see them and I talk to them all the time. I guess it will come in due time. I feel if I could see them I would heal easier. Maybe because I cry everyday they feel the tension? Thanks for writing me and I look forward to hearing from you again.

Maybe it not happening because it is still very hard to pray...it's just where I am right now but I did ask god's permission to send them to me.... Thanks,

Laura

• Members

I dunno if this is odd or something but ever since I lost my grandfather I have been drawn to the earth and have not let anyone get close to me. I have had premonitions of the current disasters that have occured and I have seen other things that freak me out a bit because I fear that they will or already have come to pass. Ppl say I have a rare gift and I am not sure what to think of this 'gift'.

• Members

Dear Losthope,

Your must be very freightened by what you are experienceing. I think you should try and contact people who do have unique abilities and get support from them. Maybe if you get on line and try and contact mediums who can help you try and figure this out. No, I don't think you are loosing it! But, it is something you should try and get support with...and the way to do that is by others who have experienced the same things. Try, www.bestpsychicmediums.com...email each and everyone of them and even the editor and get their input and suggestion. I just talked with a medium recently and I asked him when he first felt this and he said when he was a young boy...I can only imagine it would be scarey but don't let it...Also, another medium whom I gotten to know recently said she started with this ability when she was in her forties and it was after her fathers death. So get working and communicating with the people who know best and read books by George Anderson, Sylvia Brown, John Edwards, etc.....Keep talking and don't let this depressed you.....Peace......................................Laura

• Members

dear losthope, hello, heather here. i agree with laura with contacting people with unique abilities and furthering your on education on this type of subject. here is a person that i suggest to you. i have known her since 1997 and she is real. she is a down to earth person and is very caring. check her website for all the info that you will need. she has also worked with police on murder cases. www.kellysmagicalgarden.com thanks, heather

• Members
pollypocket13

Hello.......I have been having 'normal' dreams. Usually everynight. But sometimes i have dreams with my deseased Aunt always in the dream somewhere. She has been gone since 1997. The dreams are always good dreams and I spent alot of time with her growing up. Is this why I dream of her so much? Is she trying to tell me something. She left behind two boys who turned out to be great young men. We don't visit much but when we do get time be together, we have a blast. I do miss her alot and so does everyone else in the family. My other Aunt, her sister, says my aunt is trying to bring the family together. Its what she did when she was alive....she kept everyone together in any way she could. Now that she is gone, everyone who argues with one another holds grudges and never plan to make peace. It shouldn't be like that but thats how things have turned out. Enlighten me on any thoughts any one has.......Thanks.......

• Members

Polly,

"My other Aunt, her sister, says my aunt is trying to bring the family together. Its what she did when she was alive...."

Since this is a recurring dream, I'd say that your Aunt is definitely trying to continue with her efforts as a peacemaker. Her sister believes this is true too.

If I were you, I would enlist the help of your Aunt (the one that agreed with your deceased Aunt's tradition) in planning a special event to carry on your Aunt's mission. It could even be a family reunion yearly event sort of thing.

You would probably have no problem getting the younger members of the family together. Maybe tell the older generation that you're doing it as a tribute to your Aunt and to make sure that the new generation enjoys the blessings of family (unlike the older generation). Perhaps they will feel ashamed and begin to participate. But even if they don't, you are still carrying on a valuable family tradition in honor of your Aunt, the Peacemaker.

robinrenee

• Members

hi there.. i posted on the loosing my mother..

please go read over there for the full story..

but i have been having dreams but mine aare bad dreams about my step mom and my dad fighting...

they are very mentally and physically exhausting to me...

please go read over there and give me your opinion

thanks so much

teri

• Members
sunshinebamagirl

hi i lost my husband of 8 years 5 months ago to a tragic car accident. He was my first love and the only man i've ever known I have been having these dreams of me chasing him and the faster i run the farther he gets until i am just to tired to run anymore and he disapears. Does anyone understand what this means? Thank you for your time

• Members
searchingforanswers

Hello,

I am sorry for the pain all of you have suffered. Grief is hard to understand and for many years I was angry with God, wondering if there was a God. I met a woman who was counselling on-line freely for several years. She is a minister who has had a near-death experience and has had an incredible spiritual life. All I know is that she has helped me greatly. She just wrote a book and it is wonderful, and as I am one who has suffered too, I am recommending it to anyone searching for answers. It is complete and it has given me rest within myself. I believe her since she has helped me personally, and many others, too.

The book is called, Proof of God: (a near-death experience and spiritual life)

This is her website: http://www.geocities.com/elizabeth_daniele

May God be with you.

• Members

For all of you who have had the oppurtunity to have someone come back into your life, even for the briegest moment, I envy you. I wonder if I'll ever have that oppurtunity, it would mean so much. My heart wouldn't be as heavy and I would not feel anymore guilt.

I lost my mom on April 28, 2004 and my dad May 2, 2004. We lived in different states and couldn't see each other as often as I liked. My mom and I had a strained relationship, but I did love her. My dad was my hero. He was my mothers primary caregiver and he knew if anything happened to him she really wouldn't have anyone. After she was gone, approximately two days, I saw my dads body start to fade away. At the time of his death he had been diagnosed with cancer so bad that it had gotten into his bones. How do someone go through a day with that in your body and not feel pain. After my mom's funeral I got him to a doctor who immediately put him in the hospital. At that point no one knew the extent of disease. On Saturday May 1, I had to fly home, but was coming back by the end of the week. I was so upset when I left him I cried that I didn't want to leave him, I'll never forget the smile and the twinkle in his eye and he said he would be OK. I knew as soon as the plane left the ground that I would never see him again.

I was right, the next morning we got a call from his doctor, Right after we had left he crashed. He was taken to ICU where he was put on breathing machine and I was being asked from the oncologist how we would like them to handle the situation. I didn't know what she meant and then it hit me that she wanted to know from me if they should use any life support or DNR.

I asked her if I got a plane right then would I make and she said no. I went numb there was nothing for me to do and I was 3000 miles away. My bother-in-law worked at the hospital and he stayed with my dad until his last breath. He said that he felt no pain.

I should never have left. I should have been there to hold him until he was gone. Thats why I said that anyone who has had someone come back is so lucky. I want God to give my dad back to me for just 5 minutes. I want to hold him and kiss him and tell him how much I really loved and needed him. He was my mentor.

I guess maybe my turn will come and I too can have the fortune of having a loved one come back, even for 5 minutes

Thank you

Karen

• Members
xnativeangelx

Boozhoo Ahneeshnah (Hello, How Are You.. In Native American Lang)

Well, I wanted 2share and experiance or too i went through, if you dont mind.

Well the (1st) one was the death of my Grandpa he died a long long time ago i was only 5years old, i am now 19 years but the memories are good and they stuck with me...

Well recently i can sense the smell of him around me, and my 4month old daughter.

And be4 she was born, i was cleaning the house (wasnt pregnant @ the time) and i was cleaning the house like any other day. going on about my buisness... and i had this feeling like someone was near and close, and i just happened to look up into the curtain where the new addition was being added onto the house.

and there was a vision of my Grandpa floating about 3feet off the ground in a wheel chair, and i talked to him and everything... and it slowly went away!

(2nd) when me and my fiance we're fixing the house he had left to me, from the will... well we were fixing it, and i can smell him once again! and my dad was working on it all night just trynna get me into the house while me and my fiance went out... and he was working, and he heard sounds of doors opening and such... so he yelled (IM IN THE BACK ROOM) and no1 answered him so he yelled it again, and he got nervous so he went to go look around and no1 was there so he locked the doors...

And once again he heard a sound, and he just simply said (Yeah, Dad Jennifer is moving out, shes having a baby your great-grandchild, her and her fiance are moving in about 2weeks from now. shes growing up... no need to watch over her no more) and all of a sudden the sounds of a wheelchair coming down the hallway went away.

but no matter what happens i know hes there! his spirit is in my house! watching over me everyday for the rest of my life, and i have no prollem with him being there... but i will guide him to the right direction, where he is suppose 2be going... "so one day i can see him"

And i knew when i was little he was dying... because i had a dream... that:

the whole river was dry! i mean dry... no water in site just sand... and his head was pokeing through the sand, and his hand was... so i tried pulling on it... and he told me... and im glad i remember til this day "i love you with all my heart, but its time" i mean you'd think a little 5year old wouldnt remember,... but he was my life!

and when i woke up from my dream... my dad was histaric... and was saying "Amy you gotta take Jennifer to your mothers. i hafta go to the hospital something is wrong with my Dad" and i knew then...

My life has change since than...

i dont think about sucicide and ending my life no more... just because i miss him, i've been trying that since i was Wow! 10...

I know ppl will come an go out of my life...

But no1 will ever replace the love me and my grandpa shared!

My granpa emerson was paralized from the neck down... no use of Fingers Legs Arms... nothing... and he lived his life like that... he was in a car accident when my father was 15 years of age! 50years ago... can you imagine living your life like that, we heard him cry @ night saying "i wish i had the use of my legs... i would work in a coal mine, or shovel horse crap for a living" i know that sounds weird and funny... but he couldnt do nothing like more Grandpas could... but just lay there... in your own piss puke... whatever! until his home-maker came to give him a bath... or whipe his butt!

thats why we shouldnt do risky things, and take our lives for granteed!

like saying "Ooo i wish i didnt have to go to work" because my grandpa and others would have loved to have that chance again!

Thanks 4Reading! I Appreciate It

Sincerely:

Jennifer L. Sands

• Members
xnativeangelx

Theres some more dreams i'd like to share!

(1) is about my cousin Tasha (my daughter is named after her) well be4 i knew i was having a baby girl, i had a dream about my Cousin and she was pushing the buggy with her son...and looked @ me and said "shes so beautiful... shes gonna be smart, and very loved" and sure enough i had convinced myself "well shes a girl" (Tasha was my life, she was like an older sister! and meant everything to me!) so i went and asked her Parents if i could have there blessings to name my daughter after her... and they were honored...

and if you would like to see photos of her pls go here: www.picturetrail.com/x_moonspirit_x

please sign the guess book so i know who visited :D

.... i dont get these dreams though, there more like visions...

i have a sense that my brother and sister are near by, i can hear loud steps, and little wee ones... cause my sister was only 5months when she passed on.. she died of SIDS, and Micheal had died in a car accident...

and we can smell my Grandmother in the house (Emerson's Wife) those are my Dad's parents (he has no more!... he never had bros and sis's either) but we can sense them by, and i always have dreams about Tasha

but im hopeing i dream about my Gram, Papa and bro and sis! i only have 1 dream of my papa and that was when he was dying... (scroll down and read the story)

Miigwetch (Thank You)

JLS (Mundaquance)

• Members

Tell me what you all think.

About 3 weeks before my husband "passed", our daughter had to go into the woods and take pictures for a school project...the weather was overcast and the pictures did not turn out very well and I almost threw them out but I didn't....After my husband "passed", a friend of ours came over and was looking at the pictures and in one of them my husband's silohette is in it...there is no mistake that it is him. In another shot, my husband is peeking thru and you can just see his eyes and forehead....what do you think about that....I really cherich those pictures! Let me know....Laura

• Members
xnativeangelx

:::Lauraa:::

im glad you kept them, thats a good sign saying hes with you where-ever you might go! watching over you and your daughter... god bless you with your hard times

Happy Valentines Day Too!

Mundaquance (Pretty Grrl)

• Members

Pretty Girl,

Thank you.....that tells me that my husband lives on, don't you think? I think he probally was outside his body in the end so he could cope with leaving his family which was his greatest pain and suffering.....Peace,

Laura

• Members
xnativeangelx

Dearest Lauraa

Of course he lives on, within your hearts and home! i know our loved ones come to visit us from Time 2Time! its our way of copeing with the death and loss, but i wont use the word GOOD-BYE when i talk to them, i will say So-Long... Cause it could mean so long until we meet again, or so long until we see each other...

My grandparents & brother/sister come to visit me! the most who comes is my beloved granpa! i do miss him so, but hes still alive in my heart... so keep you head up! Yur husband is always with you, and your daughter!

As my Grandpa is with me and my Tasha Naaniitus Lee :D shes 4months :D

God Bless u and Urs*

JLS (Mundaquance)

• Members

RobinRenee-

All I can say is WOW- I think your posts have been so enlightening. I just came onto this board this morning and I am excited to try your suggestions. I have been very upset about not having contact with my husband who went into the light 9 wks ago this coming thursday. I do realize that my grief can lower my spiritual vibrations and thus prevent me from the contact I so desperately need. I need this more than most as we were going through an extremely difficult time when he passed. 3 wks before his passing I had discovered that my husband who was my whole world had an affair. (it ws short lived) He spent the last 3 wks of his life trying to prove that he was so very sorry for his mistake. Well, I could not get through it. I am so sorry now that I was unable to get to the point of forgiveness. I am having a very difficult time with this as you can imagine. I dont know how to get to a point of acceptance that this all transpired in such a short period of time. I KNOW HE LOVED ME. I KNOW THAT! People sometimes make mistakes that they are indeed sorry for. I knew when it happened that it was about him, not about his feelings for me. I knew that but I was so damn hurt. It really rocked my world. THIS IS MUCH WORSE. What I would do for just one more minute with him. I miss him so terribly. I loved him so much. I still do, I always will. He was the one for me. It is killing me that I have so much to sort through. Mixed emotions, depression etc. Thank you for listening.

neva

• Members
michealzniece

.:. 2All Whom Read .:.

i had a dream i was jingle dancing and healing someone whom was sick. and if you go to the section about "BELIEFS AND RELIGION" and i have posted under the names XNativeAngelX and Mundaquance... what Jingle Dancing Means...

but i was dancing, in my dream for some1 whom did pass on already... but when i woken... i saw a vision of my Grandfather... (may he rest in peace) and i was really shocked and surprised... because i take that as a sign knowing "i finally done it!, i set him free" i am having a hard time typing this because i am crying so much... of happyness!

for the longest time i was holding onto the past, and i think he came to me. to tell me "everything is ok!" because he smiled... i finally set the man who was the bestest friend i could ever have... is finally set free from my heart, and im not holding onto him no more!

that day, i think all the depression and stupid ideas of killing myself left... now i know why God has sent me my daughter, because i have a new little best friend to have in my heart.. for all time!

Miigwetch Plenty for Listening!

God Bless

Mundaquance & MichealzNiece *Tasha*

• Members

Michealzniece,

You inspire me with your post. You stand firm in your native beliefs and incorporate christianity. I think god knows who are "pure" in their hearts. Some people think they can hide from god and not do the right things but god knows the truth! I think we always need to be on the lookout for little things that show us that god is with us and that our loved ones that have "passed on" are always with us. It is so hard knowing that we will never see them again while on this earth but knowing that some day we will be reunited with them does help in out grieving. There are days I feel so low that I can't possibly go on and then low and behind I am lifted somehow and someway???? I'll never totally understand this life because there is no promise that everything will be alright . I use to pray every Christmas and thank god that my family members were all safe and healthy..it was the most important thing to me...and now, 3 members of my family gone in a six month time span (my parents and husband)and yes, I cry for my losses and ask why and question god....maybe someday I will understand...what do you think????? Thru my grieving I think that I will never be able to love again as deeply as I loved my dear husband, he was my heart and soul, our lives centered around each other...isn't that what was suppose to happen when we vowed to love each other...two became one...now, he is gone. One never knows what each day will bring. We don't have yesterday or tomorrow. What is god trying to teach us by suffering so much? What lessons do we need to learn from all this? Why do the good die young? Somethings I will never understand.......I love hearing about your culture and beliefs...please share more.....thank you..........Laura

• Members

I have a question.........I lost my dad on 12/30/04; I have been searching for answers, etc., on afterlife. I am getting comfort from site talking about NDEs and such, but I have a question: all these people that die and come back, never talk about their loved ones crying and sobbing; they never say, "I saw my family mourning over me and it hurt me" or something to that effect. If they do see us mourning, do they hurt over it? Are they sorrowful, or do they just float around until they come back? My dad smiled when he took his last breath (he was unconscious), and I wonder what he was smiling about. He waited until only his 3 children were with him to breath his last. Do these people see their grieving families when they are "floating" around and passing? And, do you think my dad saw Jesus when he smiled? We all screamed at the same time, "Oh my God, he is smiling!"

HELP PLEASE...I am in despair about these things.

• Members

hi there. i have a question and would like anyone's opinion on this. on monday night (feb 14) my husband had a dream that he saw my mom........she passed a yr ago. he said my mom looked young, tan and healthy. he knew she was dead in the dream. he said that my mom told him it would soon be HIS mom's time........then he woke up. i didn't know what to say to him. the first thing i said was "hopefully you misinturpreted what my mom said". my husband never liked my mom and for him to dream about her really has me "concerned". what do you all think of this?????? should we take it to heart????? was is just a dream or did my mom come to him with a message????? should he tell his mom about this dream???? i just don't know.. i have had dreams about my mom since she has died, but i never got a message like this in my dreams. they have always just been "regular dreams". thanks for listening. heather

• Members

hmtod73,

It's very possible that your husband could have an underlying fear that his mom is going to die since your mom did, and it could have manifested in his subconscious as a dream, your mother telling him because he was thinking about it subconsiously and both his mother and your mother are involved in the through process...

On the other hand, I had a dread that my brother had chest pains; he was only 35, and i called him and asked if he was ok. he wanted to know why i asked? i told him becuase he wouldn't let me off the hook unless i did. he said he didnt have any chest pains and laughed at me becuase i'm a worrier. 2 weeks later i got a call from my husband, telling me my brother was taken the hospital and was having a heart attack.

this probalby doesn't help, but it could be either way. I would pray to God and ask him if it was a real sign. He will let you know in one way or another.

• Members

HI EVERYONE,

I THOUGHT ID SHARE MY "KIND OF EXPERIANCE" WITH YOU ALL.

ON 9/12/03 I LOST MY SON HE WAS 16 1/2 WEEKS PREM, I GAVE BIRTH TO HIM AND LOST HIM THE SAME DAY. I HAD A SCAN ABOUT A WEEK BEFORE I LOST HIM, THIS WAS TO CHECK FOR SPINA BIFIDA, THEY DID BLOOD TESTS AND IT CAME BACK HIGH FOR SPINA BIFIDA. THE SCAN I HAD DIDNT REALLY TELL US VERY MUCH BECAUSE WILL WAS FACEING THE WRONG WAY, THEY TRIED TO TURN HIM BUT HE WOULDNT BUDGE,( STUBORN LIKE ME I GUESS ) THING IS WHEN WILL WAS BORN NO ONE KNEW WHAT HAPPENED AND ABOUT THE SPINA BIFIDA SCARE, EXCEPT MY MUM AND WILLS FATHER, WE LIVE A GOOD 45 MINUTE DRIVE FROM THE REST OF OUR FAMILY AND DIDNT CONTACT ANYONE TO TELL THEM ABOUT THE SCAN AND HIS DEATH TILL 10/12/03.

NOW IANS ( WILLS DAD ) CUSINS GIRLFRIEND, SARAH, TOLD ME THIS ABOUT A MONTH AFTER, SHE SAID SHE COULDNT TELL ME AT THE TIME COZ SHE DIDNT WANT TO SCARE ME BECAUSE IT SCARED HER A LITTLE AND SHE DIDNT WANT ME TO BE UPSET ABOUT IT OR WITH HER.

WILL DIED AT 5.25 AM 9/12/03, SARAHS MAM WENT TO A SPIRITUALIST CHURCH THAT NIGHT, SHE GOES QUITE OFTEN AND ALWAYS TALKS TO MY IANS MAM WHO DIED 5 YEARS AGO, THEY WERE REALLY GOOD FRIENDS AND BOTH CATHOLICS. WE NEVER REALLY BELIEVED HER WEN SHE TOLD US SHE HAD SPOKE WITH HER OR HAD MESSAGES FOR US FROM HER BUT THIS ONE REALLY WAS TRUE, IT HAS TO BE ITS THE ONLY EXPLINATION FOR IT,

SHE SAID THAT A CATHOLIC FRIEND WAS HERE, SHE NEEDS TO TELL YOU EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE OK, SHE HAS A SMALL BABY IN HER ARMS, HES DISABLED BUT HES FINE, TELL EVERYONE NOT TO WORRY, HES SAFE.......

THAT IS MY SON, HE WAS SMALL BECAUSE HE WAS PREM, THE SPINA BIFIDA WE NEVER GOT TO FIND OUT ABOUT IS THE DISABILITY, SHE SAID HE SO ITS A BOY AND THEY ALWAYS SAY A CATHOLIC FRIEND WEN IANS MAM VISITS HER!!!!

HER MAM AFTER BEING THERE AND HEARING THAT WENT HOME PUZZLED AND RANG SARAH, THEY ALWAYS TALK AFTER SHE HAD BEEN AND TOLD HER WHAT WAS SAID, SHE TOO WAS PUZZLED. THEN THE DAY AFTER WE TOLD THEM WHAT HAD HAPPENED AND SHE WAS MORTIFIED HOW COULD THIS OF HAPPENED??

IS IT JUST WISHFUL THINKING OR COULD IT BE TRUE?????????

GUESS ID LIKE TO BELIEVE IT SO I KNOW HE IS WITH SOMEONE WHO IS CLOSE AND HE IS SAFE BUT IT DOES SCARE ME A LITTLE..........

THANXS FOR LISTENING TO ME PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK, COULD IT BE REAL?

LOVE AND DEEPEST SYMPATHY TO EVERYONE WHO HAS LOST SOMEONE WHO THEY TRUELY LOVE,

ANDREA, WILLS MAM X

• Members

This is to Neve about her guilt over not forgiving her husband over the affair

Please understand that perfect love cast out all fear and fear can come in many forms which you are feeling. You had every right to feel hurt and angry and I am sure that you feel guilty because you still feel this emotion at time even though your husband is gone.

What I want you to understand that your husband knows your perfect love for him now he is able to understand the depth of your love that you had for him please be comforted in this knowledge and rest in the peace that this life is just a moment and work through your feelings with honesty and let the love of God renew you everyday

Wendy

• Members

Wendy- Thanks so much for your words of support. I really do want to believe that he really knows all that I feel. He was so special to me and I am just grateful to have been in his life for 7 yrs. Good bad etc! Thanks again.

Neva

• Members

WILLSMAM-

I truly believe that there is your validation that your little one is safe and being cared for in heaven. I dont see any other explanation! Take this as a wonderful blessing. I have not been as of yet to a spiritualist church but I am planning on going SOON. We have several in columbus ohio. Which is only an hours drive from me. I have a class that I go to on Sundays that will continue for about 3 more weeks then I will be going to see about the Spiritualist churches. It is most helpful in times like this. I too lost a son. I was halfway through my pregnancy when we lost him. I like to believe that he is with his father now, since my husband passed almost 11 wks ago. I went to my son Max's grave and told him that he got to meet his daddy first. I am quite sure they are together. He was our only child together. My husband has 2 from his first marriage that I am fortunate enough to get to see still. Take care and believe that your beautiful son is safe and loved in heaven.

• Members
irishbrat38

Come September it will have been 4 years since my brother committed suicide. I haven't had many dreams about him of late but right after it happend I had a significantly HUGE dream that kind of helped me through the grief temporarily.

In my dream I was in this very dark room that had a brightly lit tunnel. There were many people standing in this dark room seemingly to wait their turn...for what I didn't have a clue. Then all of the sudden a dark figure approached me and I could tell it was my brother Scotty. He was smiling and he took my hand in his...we headed right for the bright tunnel. He didn't say anything he just smiled and sort of pointed into the tunnel with his eyes. I squinted to see because it was so dark in the room and yet very bright in the tunnel. I could see the shadow of a very big man coming at us through the tunnel and all the while my brothers eyes were on me waiting for a reaction. I could tell by the size and the shape of the figure that is was the grandfather I never met, although I'd seen him in old photos. He didn't say a word but stayed just out of focus from me...my brother looked back at me with shining eyes...excited as though he couldn't wait to start his journey. Before I let go of his hand I told him he'd better come and get me when it was MY time to go...he looked back and told me not to worry...he'd come for me when it was my time. I let go and he entered the tunnel of light with my grandfather. He stopped for a moment to look back...he seemed so excited to get to wherever it was he was going to...he just turned and left. I think that was my brother's way of telling me not to worry...he was going to be just fine.

Man, lately I have been getting more odd dreams and I can't remember a lot of them.

• Members
brandimichelle28

My name is Brandi, I am 16 years old but when I was 15 my dad died in a car accident on April 17, 2004 I never got to say goodbye to him. Just before he left the house we got into a fight, he had his accident much later that night. I never got to tell him Im sorry or goodbye or that I loved him. I been having some dreams about him lately.

One dream I had, was that I was laying down in my parents room and I heard our front door open, I walk into the kitchen and my dad is standing there. I run up give him a hug and say daddy I missed you so much. He pushes me away while he says, who the hell are you? And he walks into his room to go to sleep. I woke up with tears running down my face.

Another dream I had, I came home from school one day and I hear that the TV is on, so I walk downstairs and I see my daddy sitting there on the couch. I just stand there staring at him when he says, you wanna watch tv? So I come down the steps and sit next to him just watching tv. It doenst sound exciting but It felt so good to have him there by me even if it want real.

These dreams are complete opposite so I dont know if my dad is trying to tell me that hes with me or that hes upset about the fight we had or what hes trying to tell me cuz these dreams contradict eachother. If anyone has any thoughts hit me up. Thanx a million

Brandi

• Members

Beyond Indigo Is Looking for Message Board Monitors

Interested in volunteering a few hours each week to monitor a message board and interact daily with the Beyond Indigo community? We're looking for monitors to share their experience, strength and hope. If you are interested, contact Julie at julie@beyondindigo.com for more information.

• Members

Dear Brandi-- I read your recent post and wanted to tell you that I'm very sorry about your Dad. I also hope I can offer you some words of reassurance.I honestly believe that the first dream was nothing more than something your mind made up because of the conflict you were feeling at the time.The second dream sounds much more like a true ADC (after death contact).I won't pretend to be an expert on the subject, but the key to me is the feelings that come with the contact. I can tell that you got a great deal of comfort just from the presence of your Dad and spending a short time with him doing something that you probably did frequently together while he was here. I believe that your dad visited you in your dream in order for you to feel his continuing love and give you that comfort you needed. My Dad passed 4 years ago. I don't dream of him often, but when I do it always feels very real, not dreamlike. Sometimes he doesn't even say anything but just gives me a hug and I wake up feeling very warm and happy.

Brandi, please don't continue to punish yourself about that last fight with him.It was an unfortunate coincidence, thats ALL it was. Teenagers fight with their parents, always have, always will. I'm sure I caused my parents some grief at times. I now have two teenagers myself who at times make me want to pull my hair out! But believe me, nothing that they could ever say in anger would EVER change my love for them the tiniest bit.It's just part of the process of going from dependant child to independant adult. Stuff happens, we get mad at you, you get mad at us, its par for the course! I know this and your Dad knew this too. We just all get caught up in our emotions sometimes, but thats only because we love you guys so much!If your Dad was here he'd be telling you exactly that, and that waht that dream was about.He wants you to know that everything's OK.

Here's a suggestion I have for you that has worked for me. Write him a letter.Tell him whats in your heart. He already knows, but I think the process of writing those things down is very healing.Then burn the letter (or save it if you want).

Also check your bookstore or library for some good books on the afterlife.(Sylvia Browne has some good ones). Its very comforting to think of our loved ones in a wonderful place, looking out for us.

Hope this helps. I'll keep you in my prayers, Joy

• Members

Brandi,

I am so sorry for the loss of your father. As a parent myself, I can say pretty assuredly that your father knew you loved him. Teenagers fight with their parents. Don't continue to beat yourself over what was said. I definitely agree with joyellen about writing down your feelings in a journal or letter to your father. It really helps.

Please continue to let us know how you are doing.

Most Sincerely,

Julie

• Members

Hallo everyone,

I lost my dear Husband Mike on Feb 15. As time goes on I am remembering things that occured that leave me breathless and wondering.

One of those things occured at his service.

My Husband was Catholic - and I am Protestant. I knew he would want a Catholic service and so dear friends of ours managed to arrange a mass for him at our local Catholic Church. I was very unfamiliar with the format of the service, but it was beautiful. As the Preacher was praying with the congregation, and we had our heads bowed in prayer, I thought the lights had been turned on in the church. I opened my eyes and both my Husbands son and myself were covered in light coming through the stained glass windows immediately in front of us. I nudged my step-son and pointed him to the windows.......at that exact time, a single bird flew - then fluttered in mid air - flew then fluttered in mid air - across the windows upwards and then out of site.

I know I saw the bird - my step son knows he saw the bird. No one else saw the bird............what does this mean I wonder.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Angela

• Members

angelam, I had that same experience after I lost my husband. I was at the cemetary one day and was talking to him and was telling him about the girls and then started to cry. I asked him to please send me a "sign" if he was ok and if he was happy. As I stood there at his grave a shadow of a bird flew overhead, when I looked up to see what kind it was, there was no bird in sight. I felt his presence and then I knew that that was the sign that he had sent to me. I dont know if that is the same thing or not but I hope that this helps. I do know that our loved ones send us signs in different ways and maybe that was his way of letting you know that he was ok. Take care Sue

• Members
Bethany...seems only one explanation here...it was Hugh....and they say they come to us in dreams and electronics...I would take that as an excellent sign that he is always with you......

Here is my experience in June when I went to my husband's grave for the first time alone after he died in May.....

It was an extremely hot sunny day without a cloud in the sky...about 1:15 in the afternoon. I remember thinking to myself that I could burn because it was in a wide open space without shade. And, that it was going to be extremely emotional for me but that it was something I had to do before I left town....My home is in another state. I started crying when I pulled into the cemetary and by the time I parked the car and walked to his grave I entered into such a surreal place...I felt borderline, like I was half in reality and half somewhere that wasn't real....it was still total disbelief...but there I was...I knelt down and right at that time two identical planes flew very low right over me (they said red Baron on both of them)and they were side by side and as close as two planes could be...I remember thinking that could not be a coincidence...then, I said to my husband to give my a sign and let me know if it's true what I read every night before I go to sleep...so I read this......

So Many people see in death nothing but a cruel separation from loved ones. Even good and religious people make that sad mistake. In death there is certainly the very real pain and sorrow of physical separation. But it is equally true that our loved ones remain with us. They do not go off to some dark and distant place. They simply continue into eternal life. We do not see them because we are still in the darkness of this world. But their spiritual eyes, filled with the light of heaven, are always watching us as they wait for the day when we shall share their perfect joy. We are born for heaven and we end this life of tears to begin our life of endless happiness.I have often reflected upon this beautiful truth and found it the greatest and surest comfort in time of mourning. A firm faith in the real and continual presence of our loved ones has brought the conviction and consolation that death has not destroyed them, nor carried them away. Rather, it has given them life! A life with power to know fully and to love perfectly. With this new life and new power our loved ones are always present to us, knowing and loving us more than ever before. The tears that dampen our eyes in times of mourning are tears of homesickness, tears of longing for our loved ones. But it is we who are away from home, not they! Death has been for them a doorway to an eternal home. They are still with us, lovingly and tenderly waiting for the day when we, too, will enter the doorway of our eternal home. It is such a mistake to see death as a seperation and nothing more. For us who believe, death is a preparation for eternal union with those we love, in the peace and joy of heaven. ......Now, remember while I was reading this to my husband it started off sunny and I asked him to let me know if what I was reading was true and while I was reading I was sobbing hystericly and all the while clouds covered the sky right above me and the tree started swaying as the a strong wind suddenly came thru and then I looked up to the sky and only one of those planes flew by (the other plane was no-where in sight)...I was mesmerized and crying uncontrollably and then a heavy rain and thundeer started so I had to run to my car...it was unbelievable! I waited and watched for about 15 minutes , crying all the while...then I went back to his grave when it stopped storming and knelt down....the sun came out and just then one of the red baron planes flew by...and a few seconds later the other red baron plane trailed right behind...I was in total amazement of what just happened and thought to myself no-one would ever believe what just happened and I then a white butterfly flew by me and another white butterfly followed right behind.....Unbelievable!

I think the planes symbolized how close we were in life and how close we were and then when the plane flew solo it represented my husband going off alone and then when the planes in the end were following each other that represented that I will meet up with him someday. And the storm was his way of saying what I read is true. It was a godly time......Laura

• Members

Hi everyone --

Did you know if you click on the quote button on the bottom right corner of a member's post, you can add what they said into your post and comment on it?

Take Care,

Julie

• Members

This is so wild cause I had a dream like a week after my fiance died. I dreamed he came to me and we were doing something that only married couples do. Well, this really freaked me out cause it felt so real. I was sleeping on my sofa cause I could not fall asleep in bed at night and I woke up and just felt so totally loved and relaxed. Now I will explain why this was so wild. He and I had been together from 11/2001 - 3/10/2005 when he passed away. We were waiting until after September when he could move to WA state to get married and to share ourselves. Another vision I had that bothers me sometimes is one I had before he passed. It was of him and my daughter and myself in our church during a church service worshiping God. If anyone seems to understand that one please let me know. It is way beyond me. All I know is I felt like I was married to him in my heart and soul and I am putting on a wedding ring. Just have to finish paying them off.

• Members
slowlyhealing

ilovekm,

I don't know for sure what dreams tell us. SOmetimes I think they are just there for comfort, but then there are those dreams that feel so very real, and there are those dreams that seem to warn us before hand what is coming.

I have had a few weird dreams my life time. I'm sure many of you have had the dream of falling off a cliff or falling in the darkness... I truly don't understand that one, and I wake before I know what happens.

For the dream about you worshiping with your fiance and daughter... maybe its a dream telling you that your fiance is in a better place. I know that you said that you had before he died... but maybe it was just something to show you know that he's in the courts of the Highest. He's there worshiping our Lord God, and though the pain is great that he wants you to praise God too, for the life you two shared together, and the life you have now, even though its painful.

There are a few other dreams I had before... that I don't truly understand. Like this dream where my mom left me alone with my dad, and I was so scared and I didn't want to be left alone with him. Then there is one which I think is a memory of some sort of a tiny child in a crib and she's crying and the moon is shining through the window casting strange shadows, but even though the child is crying no one comes for her. I may never know what the dreams mean, but I know that God gives them to us for some reason, even if they are really stupid dreams... like purple elephants jumping on my bed. Trust me that dream will forever confuse me.

I'm still here,

Nikki

Archived