Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Just put down my little one

Pandaismyangel

• Members
Pandaismyangel

It was yesterday and was one of the worst days of my life

I can't stop crying, she was with me for 13 fun years. My heart is broken and a piece of me is missing. I'm expecting to see that silly face when I walk into a room, but she's not there. Why can't I stop crying.

When does the aching in my heart stop?

post-319450-0-82189200-1368135442_thumb.

• Members

Pandaisymyangel, I am very sorry about your loss. She is absolutely beautiful. It is going to take a while for the severe aching to stop, but it will fade in time. It does get better. I've had several pets die after a long relationship with them, and it's never easy, is it? Was she sick? Do you have other fur babies? We will be here with you. --ModKonnie

• Members
Pandaismyangel

Thank you for your kind words. She was 13 and the past few weeks she was acting "funny" I didn't think anything of it as a few weeks prior she had her yearly checkup and was healthy. Well a week ago she fainted I brought her to the vet and they said it was her time, she had a bad heart murmur and fluid in her lungs. The lack of blood to her brain is what is causing her to pass out.

I miss her tremendously, my heart is broken, although the uncontrollable crying has gotten better, I still have my moments. I still think I hear her panting, or that I see her little "smiling" face.

The house is so quiet without her here.

I have no regrets putting her down, she was suffering and had a great life. I would only be keeping her around for my sake.

We don't have other pets at this time. I want another dog but I don't know when a good time would be. I don't know how long I'll be mourning, it just hurts so much. I've spent every day with her for 13 years and now she's gone.

Do you have another pet now?

Archived