• Mermaid Tears

• daveydow1

• shorty16

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Michael Rodriguez
14 hours ago, NiquesMom said:

We had to put the cat to sleep today 😭

i am so sorry !!!! how did kyle take it?

• Members
Dianas Mom

Nique's mom- I'm so sorry for the loss of your cat. Our pets have a special place in our hearts forever. You and Kyle are in my thoughts. 

Love and hugs,

Yvonne

• Members
NiquesMom

Thank you all!

It was hard, but it gave us a chance to talk about how love and loss are intertwined. I told him I would never change having nique, or Christopher, or Allen in our lives. But if you love someone or something, eventually someone will be sad because they will get left behind.

It was sad but good in a way.

But I don't think my heart can take anymore loss for a while. We only had the cat for a year. I thought we would have him a really long time.

• Members
Mason’s Mom

Tomorrow our little spot on earth will be a part of the total eclipse.  We are in the path of totality.  The last eclipse to pass our way was in 2017, the year we lost Mason.  When I think about the year and that we are starting to face the 7th year without him it just doesn't seem possible.  Time is often something we think about and mention. It is so unbelievable that the world around us just keeps moving and I feel that a part of the last 7 years are blank and some are so dark I don't know how I have survived. Just a time of reflection.

• Members
Changed

Carol, I’m watching the eclipse from Mexico on TV -  breathtaking.    Just about everything holds an extra significance these days - even new things that have happened since we lost them leave us sad that they never got to share them with us.
    I’ve been having some long conversations with my grandson, David’s son , we talk about all sorts but drift in and out of stories and memories of his dad .   It makes me remember better times and that is something I’ve struggled with  as I’ve focused on his death  and all we’ve lost.    We are living on opposite sides of the world but modern technology  offers  links and opportunities for us to connect and David would have loved that.    Love Roz x

• Members
Changed

Virginia,  that sounds like a beneficial conversation with Kyle.   Such a shame about Allan though -   the cat and dog rescue work I did in Asia saw so many sweet darlings not make it - it’s always hard but you made a difference to the life your cat lived and that is a good positive thing.

Have you managed to think about your time away on holiday ?   It was quite some adventure for you both - where next?  Love Roz  x

• Members
Changed

Jackie ,  How are you and your daughter doing ?     I was having a tidy up in our study trying to organise my husband’s  art gear and as I was doing so I was thinking about how much you miss sourcing  supplies with Garrett  - it’s all so painful.   Amongst the many folders of drawings I found some cards and letters off David - they would have been scooped up there when he was alive and well with no idea of what would happen in the years until I saw and read them again.   Peace to you , love Roz x

• Members
Changed

Michael,  you sound to be very busy these days  - that must be a good thing.   I hope  that your wife is keeping well and enjoying her visit to your daughter’s.      Please take care, love Roz x 

• Members
Changed

Jamie ,   I’m thinking  of you -  it is a surreal feeling living through the loss of your child .   I hope that you are getting some support from those around you .     It’s all  complicated and painful and sometimes just knowing that others share that experience can bring a sort of comfort.    Take as much care of yourself as you can manage.   Strength to you, Roz x

• Members
Jamie S.

Thanks, Roz.  I am doing OK, but sometimes have depressing days.

• Members
Michael Rodriguez

thanks roz, yes it has been busy .....but ,deep inside, really hurting as april 14 is next sunday.....3 years already. time really flies ,doesnt it ??!! yet, it seems it was only yesterday that i was walking up and down that hospital aisle. 

one of b's best friends at school decided to take his own life on thursday afternoon. he had a new born that is just 40 days old. had a twin sister, good looking wife and all the money in the world.....one of the top ten richest families in honduras.

yet, he had issues with depression ....same age as brian 32 years old. we were neighbors for a while , brian got a car before he did , so b would pick him up to go to school every morning....nephew of a classmate of mine.....so it really hit hard.

you just never know .....

• Members
Changed

Dear Yvonne,  I expect that you will be extra sad as you approach the 18th of this month.   It is never easy and we all understand how painful it is .       How are you coping generally?   I probably already know the answer as we seem to all echo our emotions .   A cuppa and a chat would be easier than this typing  but my kindest thoughts are with you.   Roz x 

• Members
Changed

Oh no Michael, that is so terrible - his family must be in agony.   It’s shocking. 

Three years .   I remember your first post on the other pages .   Roz x

• Members
Mason’s Mom

Roz, the eclipse was very moving. Glad I got to experience it with my husband and youngest daughter. So good to hear you are talking with your grandson.  Technology has enhanced our ability to connect with others  just like this group. 

Virginia,  you continue to be there for Kyle.  I like what you told him about how you would still want to have everyone in your life. So true even with all the pain of loss I don't ever regret being Mason's mom..

Michael so sad to hear about the young man you knew. So much to live for but depression doesn't decriminate.  

Jackie,  the birds have been busy.  The hummingbirds are back  and I saw a few gold finches another of my favorites.  Hope the birds are providing some comfort. 

Jamie,  those days are to be expected.  Hope we have offered some support. 

• Members
Michael Rodriguez

yesterday was B´s third year since he left us with this huge emptiness. most of his friends gathered at home and had lunch with us. had a mass for him and then evrybody just started to show up. so it was at least bearable.

hope everybody is doing ok. rather quiet lately.

• Hugs 1

• Members

Michael,    That is very touching that there is so much love from B’s friends.    The years will come and go but we will always feel  that emptiness - it is especially sharp on the dates that we all dread.

love to you and your family,  Roz x

• Members
Mason’s Mom

Michael, it is good to have B's friends around.  

Jackie, I haven't seen anything from you. Let us know you are okay please.