Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

A very dear friend of mine....

Jeff's Mom

• Members

I've lost a young friend. She was 26 years old, and I've know her since the day she was born. Her father is a true friend, and we've all been through a lot together. She was pregnant with her third child, and she was so hoping for a little girl (she has two precious, young boys).

Her father found her today in her bathroom. Apparently, she had some sort of accident and died. The police are still there investigating. My heart breaks for her father. She was his only child and his entire life.

It's just so tragic, I cannot wrap my mind around it. We are all so sick for her, her family and her children.

ModKonnie

• Members

Thanks dsmurph,

As it turned out, she slipped in the shower and broke her neck. She then apparently drowned. It's just a horrible tragedy.

ModKonnie

• Members

Konnie, I am so sorry to read about your young friend. My thoughts and prayers are with you and the family. A real tragedy.

• Members

Thanks, Kate.

To think that something so ordinary as taking a shower can be so deadly--it's mind boggling, you know?

ModKonnie

• Members

I know exactly what you are saying Konnie. I know one thing for sure....since I have experienced all of the recent losses in my life that I have learned to take nothing for granted. Each day is so precious and meant to be lived. I know it is harder some days than others, but when it gets rough I give myself a good talking to and ask myself if this were my last day would I want it to be spent like this. The answer is obvious. So, love, live, and keep going, is my motto. I will keep her family in my prayers. Take care.

• Members
BreathofAngel

I am so very sorry for the physical loss of your dear friend, Konnie. Please accept my sincerest heartfelt condolences. I know it is very hard to understand why things happen as they do but life itself is a mystery that few can solve. Things happen for which we have no explanations. But all must be left in God's Divine hands as we are His children and when a child of His returns to Him they can be in no better place. I will keep your friend in my prayers as well as her Dad.

• Members

Konnie...just wondering how you are doing? How is the family holding up? A tough thing to face.

Archived