Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Shocked and deeply saddend children ment.

3goodeggs

• Members

Last night a dear friend was found dead by her children.  I used to be their nanny and had been with them for over 16 years.  The kids are older now and I have kids of my own and they didnt really need me to watch them anymore but we are in very close contact.  I have become a member of their family from day 1.  We celebrate all the holidays and birthdays and everything together.  She was also my doc who treated me with respect and kindness.  God I miss her.  I am not sure what really happened but know that she left us way to soon. 

I am grieving.  Her kids, 12,13,16,23,25 are very devastated.  I am not sure what I can do to help them.  I told them that I would be there for them for the rest of our lives and am always thinking of them.  I just dont know how to help.  I feel very helpless.  Can anyone direct me in the right direction?  I can handle the loss its them that I am very worried about. 

thanks in advance,

Christine

• Members
robinann202

Christine,

Sorry for your loss, and the children.  It is devastating when someone goes fast like that, leaving children.  To help the children, I would just listen and keep in contact, they might need somone to just be there.  If the children need to hear about their mom-tell them--conversations--bring up fun times, if thats what they are looking for.  Always reassure them and let them know you are there for them.  Keep in contact and I hope you all are okay.  You have been with the family for along time and i'm sure this is hard for you also.  I dont know how close you all are-distance wise--but just ask them--is there anything you can do...Robin

• Members

my granchildren also lost their mum the eldest is12 the young ones are 5 /7 /and going on 2 it is very hard any advice for me to help them i would be so grateful as the eldest seems to think i am trying to take her mothers place she died of cancer in feb this yr  thx in advance for any help

Archived