Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Please Share Your Child.

davidsmom

• Members

May I ask if this is for an organization or for a cause, ie anti drunk driving, or suicide prevention? Also, do you have something, a site or other projects we could look at? I've had my share of "peeps" back in the day, (these days NO one would peep at me! lol) but I have learned to check things out first. Thanks.

jackondavidshead2-1.jpg

Jack on David's head...NOT trick photography or photoshop

Lisa

David's mama

• Members

[user=19446]kyfern[/user] - there are actually threads within BI for "tell your story".  Memorial site links for those gone are also listed within this site.

BI is actually as you describe the 'proposed' site you speak of.  The sharing of stories is coupled with the connection we have here.  Wonder what if anything you perceive your site will offer.

I am sceptical at best and wonder if you have a story to tell?  Some insight you might want to share or wisdom that aids those here.  What is the premise for your site, long term and what if any links you might be thinking to associate with your site.

• Members
4everjoeysmom

I shared private correspondence with Kevin, as I was curious about the intent as well.  It appears the motive is genuine.  But Trudi, like you, I feel BI is established, credible, and already provides all and more of what is being proposed.

Kevin, it's a good idea to do something for the bereaved, if you feel so moved by loss.  Perhaps there are other avenues to reach out and help people, like creating a foundation that is specific to an area that touches you deeply, or setting up a scholarship of some kind, or even giving to a charity such as is specifically for counseling bereaved parents, etc....  There are so many options today, and so few that really reach out to "do something more"......  Whatever you decide to do to help, I sincerely wish you success.  Understanding and connecting bereaved parents to meet  their specific needs is a difficult task at best, and a blessing when resources expand out there.  Many of us are in constant search of resources, especially in the early days, weeks, months, etc of our loss.  Best to you, Claudia

• Members

[user=19446]kyfern[/user] - It is true, the network of support from those who post is established quickly and provides support at all stages of the grieving journey.

What I found was sorely missing was a site that bought together resources, internationally, professional directories and a place to check in if you like with what might be seen as the 'norm' during this time.  Even links to sites that cover many many questions that arise from the circumstance of the persons death......

I stumbled across BI, thankfully, but was stuck initially by the lack of open shared information sites......

Wish you well with your endeavours..........Claudia, hope the rain is easing...saw footage of parts of Ecuador.......lots of water......Hi from the drought effected states of Australia!

• Members

Would like to see a site that is directed to those who have not lost a child. A site that would teach those individuals to have respect for those of us who have lost a child and are struggling to live.

Isabelle

• Members

For isabelle~ I have seen sites, for example, from friends of my sister's that have little family sites of them with their hubbies and their kids...Their families completely intact..

While mine once looked like that, and now looks different, I must remain happy for them, and not resentful towards mine. Mine is sad, yes, very sad, and I do stay away from individuals who would bring me down. Many do not put forth the effort. I did put frroert forth before this, and I do now. I have found that the negative forces in my life were negative before this happened to my Danny. They are just more so now.

Miracles find their way...The picture below was taken in front of a cafe that is located around the corner from my daughter's house in Wisconsin...We ate there, for sure, and had our picture taken as well.....We celebrate Danny and all of his miracles, daily!!!!

Spirituality at it's best!!!!

I do get joy from the pictures that I get from friends and family members that are trying to walk this walk with me. I do spend alot of time here at Beyond Indigo sharing in the miracle of Danny, still, and their miracles as well. My faith remains strong, and the losers will always be losers. They were before, and they are still... In the big picture, they really mean nothing, for they have not reached out to me like I have to them. It is really very simple. My efforts are crystal clear, so to are theirs. They simply don't really care, and that is fine. I go, now, to those that DO, not those that DO NOT!!!

My love and prayers for you always... Feel free to email me at any time- huntross4@aol.com

LOVE

mamabets

post-12239-128153887464_thumb.jpg

Archived