Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Reality

jjrmom

• Members

Today I really lost it I had to go out and drive on the freeway were my son was killed and his brother now lives a half a mile away in a half way house. How life changes in 14 months. I had to go on the freeway because my husband has to go in to surgery next Thurs. I don't know what will happen to him and I am scared.I can't bare to loss him.  He has had cancer and the docter said with his proir cond they don't. When I got home there was a letter from the prison that the guy that killed my son was moved and that he will receive a shorter sentence because of over crowding. I new that but when you actually see it in print it makes you want to vomit. Killed someone and serve 5 yrs. or less now. They sentence you to 10 but or well.

• Members

i know how you feel jjrmom. The man(used losey) who destroyed my family got nothing out of it. They claim it was an accident. I aske myself everyday, how can it be an accident ? He did not stop at the stop sign with a semi. He did nothing to stop. He never even got a ticket for failer to stop. My Jayme is gone and my family is going through phyical struggles everyday with the other ones. He is wondering around and gets nothing. I would even settle for a slap on the hand right now.

I drive the road everday to get to work that destroyed my life. I wonder everyday if it will happen again. Or if I will feel better going throught the intersection. Hang in there!!!!!!!!!

• Members

David was also killed in a drunk driving crash, not an "accident". Accidents are the little mistakes we make, not the same as an intoxicated person in control of a 2000 pound weapon. Anyways, for any others that have lost a child in a crash, have any of you had actual difficulty driving? I have had a couple pure panic attacks while trying to back my car out of the driveway. I do very little driving amymore.

Love,

Lisa

David's mama

ps, less than a week for matt's sentencing (the boy who killed david on Nov 3)

• Members

I am sorry you have to start the court case like we had to go through. It really is aweful. I hope yours doesn't go all the way to a trial. There is no justice for being drunk and killing someone in CA.  You get a longer sentence if you steal something. The sentence you receive they cut in half.  Pretty sick to only  now serve less than 5 yrs for killing a person{my son} and being 3 times over the limit and to drive 10 miles the wrong way and have priors. I don't like to drive either and were I live either way I go I have to either pass the accident or were the jerk got on . I didn't go out alot when it first happened but slowly going out more. I cry every time I get to that spot on the freeway. Take care of yourself because we all have along road head.

• Members

Dear Jayme's mom what a beautiful young lady your daughter was. I am so sorry justice has not been fair to your family either. People need to be accountible for their actions and maybe more innocent people would not be dying. Losing my  son almost destroyed me but finding a little hope. I wish you the best.

Archived