Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Reincarnation & Life After Death

Kelly

• Members

I have to jump on the bandwagon and recommend a book: Journey of Souls by Michael Newton, Ph.D. It was recommended to me by a hypnotherapist I did a past life regression with several years ago and I read it again when my fiancee died in June. It gave me a real sense of peace. It has a lot of interviews with people under hypnosis and talks about what if feels like to die, what happens after you die, our \"family\" of souls, and how you choose another body to return to earth. I particulary recommend pg 250 where he talks about the concept of soul mates. To answer a previous question, I believe, after reading this book that souls can be in more than one \"place\" at once, though it is extremely rare to live two lives at once, that is for really old souls. If you have read this book already, I would love your feedback.

• Members

I haven't read that particular book, but DID get "Easy Death" by Adi Da Samraj ( first mentioned by someone else, a few posts down ) for Christmas and have to say, so far it's given me nothing but more HEARTACHE AND FEAR!!!! I don't know WHY this book was recommended here, but I'm beginning to wish I'd never heard of the thing, or this supposed Embodiment of God, Adi Da! Right up front, in the foreword, it cautions readers about there being NO comfort given by this guy about being reunited with our loved ones. What kind of Embodiment of God could this BE, to bring such a despairing message to us, in the name of helping and teaching us how to have an "easy death"?! In fact, he claims that our continuing existence ( after physical death ) could just as easily be even WORSE than our sad existence HERE has been, if we don't start believing in, and practising, what he has to say NOW!! AAAaaaaggghhhh!!! THIS is supposed to INSPIRE us?!?!?! I've only read about a quarter of it so far, and have been too afraid, and depressed, to read any further so far. If what he says is true ( so far ), then I'd even prefer to have "dead" be truly DEAD, with NO consciousness left! If I can't experience my beloved ones, in SOME meaningful way, when I'm gone, then there was NO POINT in being in relationship with them in the first place...even IF they were nothing more than my/our One Consciousness playing with itself!

If ANYONE else has ever read this book in its entirety, and can explain what this guy is really saying, PLEASE LET ME KNOW, as I've been a total MESS since I started reading this!

• Members
My question is- if we have past lives and future lives- then how will our children be there waiting for us when our time comes? How can I be Griffins Mom forever and all eternity if he reincarnates? I really do not understand this concept- and what became of "Griffins other moms" who mourned the loss of him before me? I just can't imagine Griffin being someone elses son- the concept jusy gives me more grief. I'm trying to go with Griffin being with me for all eternity- along with his other activities- how can he reincarnate and leave me AGAIN? Any answers out there?

Griffin-Schwartz.memory-of.com

Peace to all of us.

I also wonder that if "The Bible says...." when people "die" they simply sleep until the ressurection....the same people may say that "your son was chosen by God because he was needed to do a special job in Heaven"...so, is he working for God while he is sleeping?

Adi DA Samraj sounds like he is saying he is equivalent to Jesus Christ, but is

"controlling" people with fear....I wouldnt read anymore of it if it is scary and negative. We are all confused enough without having another quasi "Organized Religion" telling us what to do or else. The real God understands our imperfections, even expects them. The real God has unconditional love for his children~ I hope....

• Members
marilynwhite3049

forgive me for jumping in, i just read a few posts. What is this Easy Death? Is it a gimmick? I need to know, I am close.

My brother died suddenly last Sunday. To me, him leaving quickly and suddenly was easy for him but not for us that are left. I was diagnosed terminal last May and am still here!!!

The subject just grabbed me when I saw it. I hope there is a quick response.

Peace and Love

• Guests
Guest Guest

Hi Griffin's mom - I wanted to give you my thoughts on your question about if you are Griffin's mom what happens when he reincarnates. I visited his site on memory.com and he looked so wonderfully vibrant - I think it's great that you celebrated his birthday and the anniversary of his death. Those milestones are important. We did the same for my son Mark Schroeder (17) who is also on memory.com

re your question:

I believe that we have primary soul mates, companion soul mates and affiliated soul mates. Michael Newton explains this in his book Life between Lives and Destiny of Souls and Journey of Souls which deal with life regression.

I believe that my son and I are primary soul mates. We had and still have an incredible bond. We have been together many times in lives on earth and in the soul world and we have planned our incarnations together. We always leave a footprint of our spirit energy in the soul world - if we brought all our spirit energy with us to earth we would overwhelmed with to much knowledge about our mission and so we would miss the challenge of figuring out what our purpose is and learning the lessons our soul chose to learn in this life.

We have a soul essence that is always us whether we are in the spirit world or have been born on earth again. That means you will always be able to 'be' with your son and connect with his spirit. When they communicate with us in dreams and visions or through a medium, they show themselves in a physical form that we recognise but in truth it is our spirits that know each other and will always be together. When we go home to the soul world, their soul energy will be there to welcome us and we will recognise them immediately.

Hope this helps. Really try to read Dr Newton's books - they have made more sense to me in the midst of my awful sadness than anything else has and I was also fortunate to find a very good medium through whom Mark was able to communicate very clearly with me. I have this lurking hope that my son will reincarnate as one of my grandchildren - who knows - that would be so wonderful.

Much love and you are welcome to contact me through www.mark-schroeder.memory-of.com

Lesley

• Members
nicolebrooke

That makes alot of sense to me as well. I definately believe that a circle of souls - the different kinds of soul mates - travel through life together. My mother fimly believes in reincarnation. After my brother died - about a year after - she wanted me to have a child because she hoped it would be my brothers soul. She has been waiting for him. That kind of freaked me out.

And we go to a medium every few months now and have been told that he is not ready to come back. It has been 6 yrs. Suicide.

I don't know that I expect my brother to reincarnate. I think maybe he is going to be with us as a spirit and wait for us on the other side.

• Members

Surviving a Heart Attack (just read)

This one is definitely worth your minute: I suffered a heart attack recently and I did one thing that brought almost immediate relief.

With all my strength I tried to stretch my body and overcome the bending position one is forced to when suffering a heart attack.

I put myself in supine position, put my STRETCHED ARMS TO THE SIDES at slightly greater tha right angle and stopped tossing and turning and moving my fingers, which I thought was the best way to REDUCE ADRENALINE – the main culprit of a HA. I felt almost immediate improvement in the depth of my breath, the pain the muscle cramp started receding. After 15 minutes I was able to stand up.

Putting arms to the sides looks to make the chest and muscles inside it expand and that streches the cramped heart muscle (like soccer players stretch their cramped calf by bending the foot to the maximum, just raise your arms above the head level and you can see it does make the chest expand). Staying totally motionless seems to induce a state of maximum relaxation of the body (which reduces adrenaline.) and muscles (including the heart muscle).

Please try using this technique when facing death. It can really help you and your relatives survive a heart attack.

Greetings

Peter

• Members

I want to believe in life after death, so I can see my parents again. But I don\'t really understand how this can happen. Can someone help me with this?

• Members
nicolebrooke

HI yparker,

I am not really sure either. I find it a stretch to believe my dead brothers soul will live again in a new born baby or something. But I do know that his energy is still intact and around all of us he loved and that loved him. I have felt him for sure, no one could convince me otherwise. So that leads me to what is his soul doing? Just living over there on the other side now forever?

My mother believes in the whole reincarnation thing. That we each live many lives, as many as it takes to achieve... I guess true happiness and peace. That a group of souls travel through lives together but the relationships change according to what lessons need to be learned. And then after you successfully complete all your life lessons you are pure energy and part of the universe.

It is a very nice idea and sometimes I believe it. I just don't know. But I can call my brother to me, his spirit. He can communicate to me what he thinks I should do or to be careful of something. That he loves me.

• Members

Dear Nicole and Parker- You can be reassured that you will be WITH YOUR loved ones again. Just ask the Lord to reveal it to you. Just try it, in the shower or whatever. Tell HIM you would like to believe in everlasting life and if it's true to give you the faith to KNOW whether it is true or not.....You might be very surprised at what truths are revealed to you. I hope you'll be touched in a special way. Take Care, Renee

• Members

This site is so beautiful. I sit here daily and bawl my eyes out. I too have had some experiences with ADC, dreams, etc...I have been fortunate not to lose someone recently. My grandfather died when I was 3 years old. However, I believe that recently I have found a previous soulmate from another life, and that he has preceeded me in death many lifetimes. Now let me clarify in case you all think I am too crazy...I believe in reincarnation, past lives, and soulmates. I believe that this man I recently met has been someone that I have shared many lifetimes with. I am pretty intuitive, see and hear "things", what some people call, clairsentient. I "know" Dave and I have shared lifetimes together and I also know he has given his life to save mine before. He just told me the other evening that he has a terminal illness that could be prolonged by a kidney transplant. As soon as he told me this things started to "click". I believe that we met again for me to try and help him, in whatever capacity is viable and possible. Whether organ donation or just love and patience...I know in my heart and soul that during this lifetime I can reciprocate the love and kindness he has shown me in past lives. I would be honored to give my life to save this man. He has 3 children, I have none. I am healthy and I would be honored to give him my kidney, if my organ is a match.

Anyway, I bring this story here b/c I sense that despite my best efforts, I do believe that he will again preceed me in passing over. Each time after I see him lately and we depart I have this overwhelming sorrow fill my heart and soul. I can't explain it other than it feeling like grief and mourning. I believe I have lost him before, which gives credence to these feelings that manifest.

If anyone can relate...great. If not, please don't kick me from the thread. ;) It has been a great find.

One last thing. I have what I call a "squatter ghost" who is quite the trickster. He has turned on water, opens drawers, etc...He hasn't been around for awhile until 3 weeks ago when someone broke into my home and molested me (fortunatley, I was not raped). This squatter ghost is back with a vengence but keeping quiet. I just can sense he is there, standing on the side of my bed, protecting me. You see, I was asleep when the intruder came in. I had inadvertently left my balcony door open...so nighttime has been frightening since. This squatter stands over me as protection.

Thanks for listening and hope i didn't scare anyone too badly.

• Guests
Do you sincerely want to hear our stories, or is this some way to get us grieving people on a show like Doctor Phil or Dateline? Because I have a story, but I'm not going to tell it if this is a way to get us on a show.

Ashley

• Guests

Yparker and all others Weather you believe eternity or not the fact is were are all spitual creatures. FACT! We leave our physical realm and go to Heaven and we come back ... This is how we learn and develope from spitual babies to eventually teachers..My spirt guide told me I have been around MANY time but havent learned much yet!!.I can recall home(heaven) in detail now but it has taken countless trips. Earth is beautiful also!!Now that I can retain memory of both relms it is my duty to tell everyone the facts.... Phil

• Members

I lost my 14 year old daughter 3 months ago and I am desperatly looking for a sign from her, that she is okay and happy. The week after the accident a lot of crazy things happened and we would say that that was Bre telling us she is okay and maybe that was true and maybe that is all I will ever get from her. But now that it has sunk in a little more I really want to see a sign from her, I am going to a medium this weekend hoping for some kind of sign but knowing that there may not be one.

I do believe in heaven and hell and in God and that he has her right now, I also do believe in reincarnation.

• Guests
Guest Guest

bresmom - have you thought of going to a spiritualist church to see if you can get a reading with your daughter? I hope this will put your mind at rest when I tell you there is no place such as hell. God is love, think about what pure love is and what it isn't and it will make sense why hell wouldn't exist. :)

As for the topic of reincarnation, a lot of spiritualists don't believe in it.

There are different levels in the spirit world where a soul can progress, there is no need to reincarnate over and over again.

• Members

My daughter died by suicide on March 17th, 2007. I beg, and beg, for some sort of sign that she is okay and maybe even her spirit is around us....I so want to believe that, but I get nothing. Why is it some people get signs, or can feel thier loved ones that passed, and some can't? I'm open to that, that's for sure.

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Newnee, THAT is a very good question that I often wonder about myself. I am so sorry for your loss and the pain and grief that you suffer for having lost your daughter in such a distressing and trumatic way. Please accept my deepest and heartfelt condolensces. I lost my Joey on July 31st last year to literally a freight train that ran over him. I know the pain and anguish of sudden and traumatic loss. I have not had any dreams or anything tangible as far as signs go concerning Joey. But I hold to my hope that he is peaceful and free, and safe with God, because He is the one who has given me assurance in His way, inmy heart. I have a knowingand that comforts me. I don't necessarily believe in reincarnation, but I do believe in life after death, and even resurrected perfect bodies. It's the eternal life spoken of in the Bible. I know lots of folks have varied opinions on what happens after dying. It's a confusing topic, especially when we miss our loved ones so much and we would give anything to "know" they are ok. I pray you find your peace in your journey...and I am praying for you. Hugs, Claudia

• Members

My oldest son died many years ago. He has come back to me a number of times via a smell, a horrible smell actually. At first when the smell came I would wash my sheets, scrub the mattress, I got to the point where I was scrubbing the walls and the carpets.. but when I thought of my son, bam, the smell went away. This went on for years. I was the only one who smelled it, and to me it was always so very real that I wouldn't believe it could be 'spirit', but after years of scrubbing I finally got it, the smell means my son is here, I just stop and think of him and the smell goes away.

I guess my point is that the spirits express themselves in all kinds of ways, and to stay open to all messages... I found it hard to believe in spirits, but now, after all these years and so many of these smells.. I do.

I light a candle for my son nearly every day, I spend a few moments (or hours..) focusing on him and I know he's hearing/feeling me. So even if I don't see him, or get a message from him, I'm still communicating my love for him. I think that's the best I can do.

this is pretty hard stuff to write about. I'm glad I'm here doing it though..j

• Members

two excellent sites that will provide some very interesting thoughts that may be of some help to you

www.georgeanderson.com

www.fst.org

take care,

• Members

Zipper,

I just read your post. I will not ask you to grieve, but I will ask you to rest in the Divine, and be at peace with and for your friend, here, in this moment now. Not in the future or past, his or yours. It is possible....

Many Blessings,

Thomas

• Members

To Juliepond,

As a practicing medium, psychic and teacher, I recognize your sense of smell as most likely a psychic sense...Some people see, some hear, psychically...Others may smell odors as you have, but not realize it is just as much a psychic sense as seeing, hearing etc.....Perhaps you might notice that spirits will often send you aromas that remind you of them (I.E. a grandma who baked bread might show she is near with a smell of fresh bread just out of the oven, etc)

Gramma Martha

• Members

I have been reading through this thread, and am sad by how much fear and confusion there is. I understand that so many are seeking answers for questions too difficult for them to answer themselves, but in a time of grief and loss, I would not suggest too much examination of Philosophy (or Religious Practice) that has been previously unstudied by you. Its far too easy to become confused, then become fearful. Whatever your Spiritual Faith is, follow it, remain faithful...If you are Christian, stay with your Bible, speak with your Pastor or church group. If Hindu, speak with your Guru, etc Don't try to incorporate all sorts of beliefs on your own. It will cause too much additional grief.

Love Lisa

davids Mama

ps I DO believe in ONE God (I just call Him by a different Name) I also believe in Eternal Heaven, Eternal Life, and Reincarnation (we always were...we always will be)

• Members
survivor22

I my 26yr old son to suicide on June 2, 2006. He died in my home and I was devastated. My lights started turning off and on by themselves and my clock radio started giving out static when it was turned off. I then started to find dimes all over the house and I sensed my son around my house for about six months. I still feel him when I am having bad days. Then I lost my youngest son to an accidental drug overdose on Oct, 10 2007, he was 18. I never had the same activity at the house that I had when his brother passed but I can tell you with out a doubt they are ok and very much around me. I believe that they simply go back to spirit. I hope that this helps you.

• Administrators

Guess who is traveling the farthest to our reunion?

It's Trudi.

Trudi is traveling all the way from Australia to Minneapolis, MN for our Beyond Indigo reunion in August!

If Trudi can make it, so can you! 

Come check our reunion page: http://www.beyondindigo.com/reunion/

Hope to see you there!

• Members
butterfly13

Survivor22-I'm so sorry for all of your losses!It will be 1yr.next year since my mom died.I too,felt that she was around me for about 5-6months after she passed.One light would turn on by itself,a cool breeze would pass by me,a ceramic rooster I had hanging over the refrigerator for years exploded in a million pieces-while I was crying and saying that I don't believe that my mom is anywhere anymore.Strange things happened at strange times.All of this has stopped.I just wonder why does it stop?Do you think this means that they have gone on to where they belong-heaven?I really wonder.Maybe they stuck around to make sure we were ok.When my dad died I never had any of this sort of thing happen.I often wonder why that is also.I had written down all the experience that I had had,just so I remember that these things really happened.I know you posted awile ago,but I hope that your doing ok-as well as can be expected.;)

• Administrators

Dear Members,

We are excited to mention that we are moving to a more new and improved message boards on MONDAY MORNING AUGUST 9th! The boards will be done for a few hours while we are making the conversation. Remember we posted information about this move a month ago. For some of you this might seem a bit sudden,  but when we were reviewing the site we determined the current message board you are using is out of date and the company that designed it is no longer in existence. The good news is this new message board will have new features that have been requested in the past like more fields we can add to your profiles and a chat room up to 20 people at one time. If we find the chat room is bursting at the seams we will add additional room for extra people. All your old posts, private messages and such will be migrated to the new message board. You might have to put up your profile picture again but not sure. The new company will be doing the migration for us. Here is a short list of some of the new features on the board:

- Custom Profile Fields

- Users can customize their profile pages by selecting a background color or background image, with tiling options.

- Facebook and Twitter Integration

- users can respond to multiple posts at once with "mini-quote"

- Pinned discussion threads - like welcome to our board etc.

- Announcements made across some boards or the entire message board

- Search: Users can easily find all content generated by a particular member, by clicking the 'Find Content' button that appears on the main profile page, or in the Mini Profile Popup which can be accessed throughout the board. The results page allows content to be filtered by application, as well whether the member created it or merely participated in it.

- Privacy: allows users to sign in anonymously, hiding them from the online users list. Users also have the option to disable personal conversations and user-to-user emails, as well as ignore other users if necessary.

The next exciting piece of news about the new message board is it will have a new domain name of www.grieving.com for search engine optimization purposes. It will still be apart of Beyond Indigo and can be found through www.beyondindigo.com. We will be redirecting your current URL's to this new domain name but we might miss a few. If that is the case simply go back to www.grieving.com or www.beyondindigo.com to find your message board thread. We will try to make the transition as seamless as possible.

The bottom line is the new board will give us room to grow our community and more options to interact better with each other.

If you have any questions please direct them to feedback@beyondindigo.com.

Kelly Baltzell, MA

CEO/President

Beyond Indigo Family

Archived