Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

1 month since I said goodbye

Shawnsfriend

• Members
Shawnsfriend

Tomorrow, makes one month (Feb 4th) since I said goodbye at my bestfriend's funeral ... spent my morning in tears, dont think i'll be leaving the house today. People dont understand what ive lost, i have lost the most important person in the world to me, ive lost ME, my inspiration, my direction, my path, my future, my shoulder, ive lost the person who held my feet to the ground! Recovery is no where in sight ...

• Members

Gosh honey, I wish I could find the words to give you some relief from the pain a little, but words and I are not real close these day. One day you will look back at your memories of Shawn and even with tears rolling down your face, there will be a smile and laugh on your lips. It takes time. I am just now starting to see some beautiful things that have come as a direct result of Kevin's passing. I know, it just sounds to wierd to believe, but it's true. I would never have chosen for things to go this direction and most of the time wonder if there wasn't a better way for the changes to have happened, but to tell the truth, when I stop to think about it I know in my heart Kevin had to pass on for these things to become a reality-they never would have happened any other way. There is light in our darkness, we just have to give it time to show through. It does hurt and it always will, but there is hope. Feel better. Hugs and prayers. Vivian-Kevin's Mom

• Members
Shawnsfriend

Everytime you share about Kevin and your experience of losing him him, i think of shawn. Your words and experiences really remind me of what im going through. I know you said that words and you arent close these days but you do a great job of describing what im feeling and what i'm thinking. thank you

Gosh honey, I wish I could find the words to give you some relief from the pain a little, but words and I are not real close these day. One day you will look back at your memories of Shawn and even with tears rolling down your face, there will be a smile and laugh on your lips. It takes time. I am just now starting to see some beautiful things that have come as a direct result of Kevin's passing. I know, it just sounds to wierd to believe, but it's true. I would never have chosen for things to go this direction and most of the time wonder if there wasn't a better way for the changes to have happened, but to tell the truth, when I stop to think about it I know in my heart Kevin had to pass on for these things to become a reality-they never would have happened any other way. There is light in our darkness, we just have to give it time to show through. It does hurt and it always will, but there is hope. Feel better. Hugs and prayers. Vivian-Kevin's Mom

• Members

I've been reading about what you've been through shawn... Sorry to hear about it... I know how you feel.... I feel that way sometimes when I think too much about my grandparents!

Archived