Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

no closure

Maddy6

• Members

my prescious angel of 20 yrs was set to go and be put down and ran away into a nature reserve. i went there several times but could not find her. i feel so guilty becos i didn't put her down and knew as dealing with the vet that she was very sick; not eating for 4 wks. she wanted to die; i could see that. but having someone hear her crying two nights at 39 degrees and then no sound has made me very numb; i realize there is noway she can be alive; i've searched the area; but how can i get closure?

• Members

my prescious angel of 20 yrs was set to go and be put down and ran away into a nature reserve. i went there several times but could not find her. i feel so guilty becos i didn't put her down and knew as dealing with the vet that she was very sick; not eating for 4 wks. she wanted to die; i could see that. but having someone hear her crying two nights at 39 degrees and then no sound has made me very numb; i realize there is noway she can be alive; i've searched the area; but how can i get closure?

Malibufilly,

How did she get outside? Did she beg to go out one last time?

Perhaps she ran away into the nature preserve in order to spare you the ordeal of having her put down. Animals that are ill and old often go and hide because they know their time is near. Perhaps this is how SHE wanted to go--outside and with God. You can get closure by knowing and telling yourself she is okay and safe and no longer suffering. After four weeks of not eating, she was probably ready to lay down in a cozy little place outside, and be herself.

ModKonnie

• Members
1329618820' post='84139']

Malibufilly,I am so saddened by the loss of your precious pet. I know how shattered you must feel to be concerned for her and wanting to protect her, yet realizing she is probably gone. Animals are very smart and they know when it is time for them to go. She probably followed the course many animals would take in nature. She probably found a soft lovely spot to lay down and pass. She probably thought of the wonderful loving arms and home she had lived in for 20 years as she passed. She was ready to go, but she will be waiting for you one day I am convinced. Not a sparrow falls to the ground apart from the Father's knowledge. It is OK to release her and cherish your wonderful and special memories I know you have of her. I am so sad for your loss of her. I know in time it will not hurt so much and you will remember just the good times of her loyal devotion and laugh at the memory of her silly, quirky habits that cats can sometimes have :-) . She has lain down to rest and she is in the arms of the Father and she is at peace. You gave her a wonderful home and pet/ owner relationship. Do not fret for her any longer, she is fine now.

Love,Maddy

Archived