Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

16 & loss of child

ModKonnie

• Members
Amani's_mommie

On May 23, 2011 when I was 16 and 9 months pregnant and 3 cm dilated I slipped down the stairs and when I got to the hospital the doctor couldn't find a heartbeat. I'm having a lot trouble dealing with the lost of my first born and I don't know what to do or who to talk. I don't really like opening up to anyone because they don't know how I feel. I need help because the pain from the loss is getting worse. I can't help to fell like I'm to blame. I feel like I failed as a mother because I couldn't protect her. Every night I dream of her and I just wish I could wake up and see her face one more time. Any suggestions on how to grieve?

• Members

On May 23, 2011 when I was 16 and 9 months pregnant and 3 cm dilated I slipped down the stairs and when I got to the hospital the doctor couldn't find a heartbeat. I'm having a lot trouble dealing with the lost of my first born and I don't know what to do or who to talk. I don't really like opening up to anyone because they don't know how I feel. I need help because the pain from the loss is getting worse. I can't help to fell like I'm to blame. I feel like I failed as a mother because I couldn't protect her. Every night I dream of her and I just wish I could wake up and see her face one more time. Any suggestions on how to grieve?

Amani's Mommie,

I am so very sorry bout the loss of your precious baby. I know it is tough to open up and talk about this, but it really will help you inch forward with your life. You are certainly not to blame; accidents happen and sometimes they are horrific with tragic circumstances. Your fall was out of your control. You did everything you could to protect your child. Have you talked to anyone about your pain getting worse? Have you tried any type of counseling? We have a huge supportive group here of parents who have lost their children. They all come together in the Loss of An Adult Child forum (which will be at the top of the forum list). No matter how old their child was, they post in that forum. Please go and post your story in that thread. You will be encouraged by the support and care you receive. They will be able to help in ways that only people who have experienced such profound tragedy can. I look forward to hearing from you.

We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

Archived