Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

3 weeks today since my precious son died suddenly

Michaels mum

• Members

Hi

This is the first time I've had the strength to post here but I've been reading and gaining some strength.

3 weeks ago today, my beautiful precious son was found hanging by his 9 yr old brother. I knew he was dead but I went mad to get him down and try to resuscitate him. He was pronounced dead at the hospital.

I know you know what I am going through. The horror of having to plan your darling childs funeral, choose a grave plot, explain to your other child that his brother is dead..I don't know I can go on but I have to.

He was wonderful, bright and sunny.The officials are saying it seems to be a freak, tragic accident but now I have to wait for the inquest. Help please!

Susie x

• Members

Susie,

Tomorrow, it will be 4 weeks since my daughter went home to God. She was only 33, amazing, healthy and full of life. She was a wonderful mother and wife, and my beautiful child. There was no medical reason for it- she just went to sleep and didn't wake up. These 4 weeks have been surreal, at times, painful at others, and some full of joy. Chrissy was an amazing Christian warrior, and in a way, this gentle way that God took her seems appropriate.

I only know that my faith is holding me up and keeping me from going mad. I know where my precious girl is and I know I will be with her again one day, when it is my time. There is still pain, and I miss her every day. I know I will until I go home, but I won't let her down. Her family is working on, building our faith and praying for strength. If not for God, I would have no hope right now, and no wish to live.

There are always the "what ifs" and the "if onlys", but there is never a way to prepare yourself for the sudden or unexpected death. I saw Chrissy the day before when I sat with my granddaughter. I recall thinking that she looked tired and thin, but the girl was a ball of energy and I knew she did too much. I could have spent more time that day, but didn't because I had things I had to do. Could I drive myself crazy over that? Sure.

I find myself recalling the recent conversations, the "I love yous", and the hugs. I remember the times she would ask me what God was trying to tell me, or what was it that He wants me to learn, when there was a problem. I don't know the Scripture like she did, but I am determined to learn. I am not going to suggest anything for you, only you know what your state of faith is. I only can say that it is sustaining me and the family as we try to make sense of this awful loss. I also know that she hears me everytime I tell her how much I love her and miss her.

The next weeks won't be easy for us, Susie, but we have more strength than we know.

• Members

Susie...I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful son. I know only too well the shock and pain that is associated with a sudden death such as yours. You have definitely come to the right place for support. We are all here because we have lost a much loved person in our life. We may be at various stages in our grief, but we totally understand your hurt and feelings of panic. You are going to get through this. You will stay strong and you will somehow build your life again. It will be different, but you will keep going. Take one day at a time. Do not be hard on yourself. Try to eat and get as much rest as you are able. It will not be easy at first, but eventually you will find a sense of release even in that. The shock is tremendous and it takes much time to deal with what you have experienced. Tell us about your son and what he was like. It helps to talk openly about how much they were a part of your life. This is not about erasing their memory but finding a way to continue and taking them along on this journey of life. Their spirit still lives on. Stay strong. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

kate

• Members

Dear Susie Welcome

I am so very sorry to hear of the terrible loss of your precious son.

I agree It is a difficul road that we parents, who have experienced the loss of a child must walk. Together we can get thru one day, one moment at a time.

Come here often, post and know you are not alone. I also found that setting up a Photo album in the Gallery Section of this Board helped to lift my sadness and give mee a warm smile at the sweet memories. I viait the gallery daily.

Many parents post to the Loss of Adult Child section of this Board. If you would like more and to be connected into the main stream--- Just click on that sectiona then click on the "Reply" section and post your heart. Many will hear you and respond.

I lost my only child, my son Stephen over 4 years ago and this Board has helped bring back my sanity.

Please keep coming back

Archived