Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I've Lost Someone...

Kelly

• Members

Lexie,

You have a very mature attitude and understanding...does this come with losing a brother, I wonder? Or is it in your nature? I ask because my son lost a sister and I have noticed the maturity that has come since the accident, but he has also aged 2 years (close to 19). I would love to have my son come to this site and I can't believe I haven't told him about it, you have a smart mom, I wonder if he will make use of it. As Mark said, the loss is like tearing out your heart. You give birth/life to a child, teach them to walk, talk and everything else, expect them to find a love of their life and marry and have children of their own. so many things will never happen. There is a new song out by Kenny Chesney (country) that is exactly how I feel. I wish I knew the name of it and I will find out...but it is a touching song, especially for those of us that have lost a loved one.

Denise-lots of hugs

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
tdubslilsis14

I guess since I have a little brother and I am now the oldest. Thats probably why. He looks up to me. He was 9 at the time of the accident.

Lexie

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Hi Lexie, with all you do being so grown up, make sure you hit the brakes once in a while and act like a kid too. It's a long journey to grown up, and it's a long journey through grieving. Take your time, and try to have fun too. Halloween is coming, so enjoy it with good fun. Do something goofy for your brother's memory. He'd like that.

• Members
tdubslilsis14

Hey,

Srry I didn't say much earlier, I was at school. I just found out yesterday that one of our good family friends who I have known since I was born is really sick. She stopped breathing because her lungs calapsed and was rushed to the hospital. They revived her but shes in the intensive care unit and they say she might not make it. She has two kids Julie-11 and Jonathon-16. Jonathan was one of my brothers best friends growing up, we were next door neighbors. She has something called pancreatitis and she has the worst case of it, which can kill you. My mom had a pancreatitis attack last week and could have died. Now I'm scared that the same thing will happen to her. I am a competitive gymnast/cheerleader and we have our first competition this sunday. So its kinda stressful

thnx again

Lexie

• Members

Kevins Mom, thanks for the name of the song...I assume it has hit you in the heart also?

Lexie, I am so sorry to hear about your neighbor and your mom. That is too much stress.

It sounds as though you are busy...not just about being able to check forums while at school; lol. With your gymnastics and cheerleading, good for you. What do you cheer for, which sport?

Denise

• Members
tdubslilsis14

Denise,

I don't cheer 4 any sport...I used to cheer for football and basketball. But this type of cheerleading is a sport itself. We compete against other All-star teams around the United States. Our team sometimes competes on ESPN Cheerleading Chapionships. It takes a lot of work and its really stressful because we practice 12-15 hours a week. But its really fun when its finally time to show other teams what you've got.

Love Always,

Lexie

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Way to go, Lexie! Try to concentrate on the task at hand, and please don't be too worried. The doctors know so many things to help your friend and your Mom. I can't argue the point that it's too much stress for such a young lady. Take each moment, and do the best you can with each. We'll be thinking of you with a little prayer. Mark

• Members

Lexie; I am not even your mom and I am so proud of you...I hope you save some time for free time, you sound as though you are a very busy young lady.

Hugs~Denise~Bridgette's mom.

• Members
tdubslilsis14

Hey,

We competed this weekend and placed first in our division. We had to be there 16 hours. It was my first competition so I was kinda nervous. My moms friend is improving a little. But not by much. She is still on lifesupport and is still in a coma. I'm not old enough to go in ICU but my mom told me she looks how my brother did right before he died. Her whole body is swollen and she doesn't look like herself at all. My mom said Julie, who is her 11 year old daughter tried to come in to see her mom but freaked out and started crying. Her dad won't let her see her mom because of what happened. Shes to scared. I would be too. People keep telling me these things happen for a reason, but I mean...what reason is it? To put family and friends in pain for the rest of their life? It doesn't make sense. I hate it when people tell me "I know what your going through" when they really don't because they have never had this happen to them. I've been through about 5-6 losses since my brothers death. Each time I get more and more confused.

Lexie

• Members

Lexie: I am so sorry about your friend...are you able to give the 11 year old support? You do know what she is going through, a little different as you lost a brother and it is her mom that is so ill, but you do understand and this 11 year old is probably scared spitless. Maybe offer the website to the the little girl.

Congrats on placing first...you go girl.

Denise

• Members
tdubslilsis14

Hey,

I know exactly what she's going through. My mom has been in the hospital many times with the same sickness. I have a little 10 year old brother who I help out a lot. Julie also has an older brother who is 16. My mom went to visit at the hospital the other day. She went to comfort Jonathan (Julies brother)while he stood by his mom. Jonathan cried in her arms and said, " I lost my best friend last November, now I'm losing my mom too." His best friend happend to be my older brother, Travis. I know how bad it hurts for them, my mom has gotten to bad before she died but they revived her. My mom was in the hospital two weeks ago. I was so scared. She loses so much weight when she's in the hospital. They have to put a feeding tube in her to keep her alive. My mom says it hurts to eat. She says everyday it feels like someone taking a thousand knives and twisting them in her stomach. Some nights it gets so bad she crys and I don't know what to do. Most of the time when that happens she ends up in the hospital. Its so scary because it brings back so many memories. Thnx for responding back.

Lexie

• Members

Oh Lexie, I want to give you a huge hug and let you cry all you want. You have been through way too much. I am so sorry that all this is happening and if I could stop it I would. I am so glad that you have found this web site and I hope it helps in some small way. Keep posting a keep us informed on how things are going.

Denise

• Members
tdubslilsis14

Hey,

How has everone been? We have our first choir concert tonight. I'm really excited...Our family friend is still not doing any better. She's still the same. I like to talk here because I feel like theres no where else to talk about this where other people would actually understand. Thanx for your support. Just know that I am always here for whoever needs me. Even if I may be a lot younger.

Lexie

• Members

Lexie, I hope your concert went well.

I am glad that you are comfortable talking at this site, I know that it helps because it has helped me also.

Denise

• Members
tdubslilsis14

Hey,

Todays been hard. They're talking about it all over the news. The news people have been pretty much stalking us getting our cell numbers and trying to get quotes out of us to put in the paper. In the paper its talking about the driver of the car that killed my brother. He is 18 years old and was 17 at the time of the accident. He is in college this year. He is being tried for 2 counts of reckless driving and being intoxicated while driving and killing two of his classmates. Who were a year younger. How do i deal with this?

Lexie

• Members

Lexie,

Dealing with the news media depends on a couple things...do you want it publicized? Do you want to be able to use this to your brothers benifit? We had the news media hounding us after the accident that we lost our daughter in, in fact for more than a year we had that, off and on. Each time they wanted to interview us we first talked to our lawyer and then the news crew needed to contact our lawyer and they were told what they could and could not ask, we were told what we could and couldn't talk about...things like that. What it did do was allow us to keep our loss in the public eye and also allowed us to set some rumors straight.

All that said, you may not want to be bothered, then all you need to say is that you don't want to discuss it...or you can just say something like: "All i have to say is; the world lost a wonderful man due to this accident" or something on that order.

Good luck.

• Members
tdubslilsis14

Hey,

First Kristin-16, then my brother-16, then Justin-17, and now my classmate James- 14 just this Friday...All died in car accidents. Its tough and its hard to deal with. I just turned 14. Thanx 4 your support...

Love,

Lexie

• Members
3angelslostntheflame

I'm new on this site, but it's helps me understand that I'm not alone. I'm 16 years old and a junior in high school. This is still kind of hard to talk about because it didn't happen not long ago. On October 5, 2005, I was awaken by my mom at 5 o'clock in the morning to the words "Your uncle's house is on fire." In a panic we started to get ready to go to Nevada, a town about 10 minutes away from us. Before we left my uncle called my mom and told us that my 6 year old cousin, Caitlyn didn't survive the fire. This put us in an even worse frenzy then we had been before. We left our house and headed to my uncles mother-in-laws. We got there and my uncle's best friend was outside, and we were waiting for my grandpa to get there. My mom kept saying that she needed to be with her little brother. Bob, his best friend told us to go and he would wait for my grandpa. Right before we got into the car, my uncle called my mom again tell her that my other cousin didn't have much of a pulse, and he wasn't sure if he was going to make it. We rushed to the hospital, wondering if my little buddy was going to make it. We got there and my uncle's sister-in-law told my mom that our babies are no longer with us; my 2 year old cousin Carter didn't survive the fire either. We all stood there in sadness and shock, not sure what to do next. We still didn't know what happened to my aunt Samantha, so we went back to my uncle's mother-in-laws. We got there and Bob asked my mom if my aunt's sister knew about Samantha. Since we didn't know, my mom asked "You mean Samantha didn't make it either?" All he could do was shake his head.

I still don't understand why this happened to us, but really why does death happen to any of us? I still have a lot of sadness and anger, that I am trying my best to deal with. Sometimes it make me go over the edge, but I just think about all them, and how sad they would be if I did something to myself. I clawed at myself a couple days ago, but I know realize that it was extremely stupid of me to do, but stress got the best of me. This tragedy caused me to miss a week of school, but I am slowing catching up, and my teachers are really understanding.

I was extremely close to them, and it's like someone cut a hole right through my heart. Carter was the one I was closest to, even though he only had two years of his life spent, that kid had quite a personality. A lot of things make me think about them, balls(Carter), dance(Caitlyn), dragonflies(Samantha), and mostly Finding Nemo...I always watched that movie with those two little angels. I will always love them and miss them tremedously.

• Members

3 A's-I am so sorry for your loss. It is so difficult to lose a young person, but you lost 3 family members...the confusion, anger and sadness must be overwelming at this point. The best thing you can do is talk, talk and talk some more. Keep the memories alive, play the "remember when" game so you can always remember the good times. If you feel like you need to talk to someone professionaly then don't hesitate to let your mom know; My nephew was very devistated when we lost our daughter (his cousin)and still 2 years later is having a very difficult time with it as they were very close...kind of like your age diff. with your 2 year old cousin, my daughter used to babysit my nephew and was kind of a mentor, if you will. There is nothing wrong with seeking help from an outside source...you have come to this web site so that is a huge step in the right direction.

I understand your "clawing" at yourself, as I wanted to pound my head into a wall when we lost our daughter...anything to feel, the problem is that you still don't "feel", so that is the wrong approach and I am glad that you realized it...but please, talk to someone, if you ever feel like hurting yourself, tell someone.

I send a huge hug your direction and please continue coming to this site, it does help.

Denise~Bridgettes mom.

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

3angels, in times like this, it seems like a few words aren't enough. I'm a dad who's daughter was killed, and I know that pain you all are feeling. I'm so deeply sorry for the loss and sorrow. Be very patient with yourself, and know that here, you are with people who care, and will listen no matter what, and do all we can to help you through this painful time. You are going to have many difficult days, and you will need to be open and honest with those who are able to watch over you. When you feel like hurting yourself, tell them first, before you do. Let the painful feelings come out in your voice, not your hands. This will help you heal. We'll always be here, so feel free to write anytime. We're praying for you. Just take this moment by moment, and try to find that one adult you can open up with about everything. This will help.

• Members
tdubslilsis14

3angels,

I may have not gone through exactly what you've been through, but I kinda understand how you feel. I am 14 years old and a freshman in HS this year. Last November I lost two people who were close to me. November 13th, all four teens were in a single car crash and hit a parked steamroller. They had gotten lost on their way to Chicago and got off at an EXIT, they crashed when they got back on. The driver of the car, who was a 17 year old Senior at the time had been drinking. The other 3 were Laura-17 (Junior), Kristin-16 (Junior), and Travis-16 (Junior). As the car crushed Travis and Kristin were ejected out the back side windows of the car. When the paremetics arived, it was too late, Kristin was dead. They searched for Travis, they found him 60 ft. away from the car in a coma, with a broken right arm, a ruptured spleen, major trauma to the head, and his left kidney had failed. He died five days later on November 18, 2004 when they took him off life support.

Travis was my older brother. I looked up to him, he always made good grades, he played football, basketball, and baseball. He made everyone smile with his big goofy ears, his crystal blue eyes, and amazing personality. He loved to be funny...he never cared what people thought of him, he was always himeself. Sticking quarters up his nose (and he didn't have a big nose either, I'm still wondering how he did it), mud restling with a group of girls after a day of canoing at the Lake, unlike most guys...listening to one of his best friends boy problems and making her feel better...he loved listening to music and especially wearing his Oviators.

I miss Kittens (Kristin) beautiful smile that made everyone who looked at her drop their jaw and stare. Her long blonde hair and her baby blue eyes...I miss seeing them almost everyday. I miss her laugh and how she would always listen to country music, especially the song...."live like you were dying" by Tim McGraw. That was her all time favorite.

I was only 13 years old and in the 8th grade when I lost Kittin and Trav. They left behind their family...Kitten- Mom, Dad, and older brother Jeremy... Trav- Mom, Dad, little brother Nick-10, and me-14

On June 16th, 2005. I lost someone else. His name was Justin and he was 17 years old and a Senior this year. He was killed alone in a single car crash when he swerved off the road and hit a tree. He died instantly...No time for us to say goodbye. He dated a few of my friends who are upperclassman so I saw him a lot. I miss him so much. I was hoping this was the last time I would have to go through this, but it wasn't.

On October 21st, 2005, Jaymes was killed in a car accident. He was taken away too young. He was 15 years old and one of my classmates. The driver of the car had been drinking and they crashed. I miss him a lot. I don't think its fair all of them had to die so young. Jaymes left behind his Mom and 4 year old baby sister, and many close friends.

I just don't understand why this all happened in the first place. I'm so confused on life and its hard to live knowing you will never see them again...or even be able to talk to them in person. I just wish I had one more chance to give my brother a huge and tell him how much I loved him. Its not fair...I hate being so young and have to face all of this and do it on my own. I'm srry for your loss and I hope things get better for you...I'm prayin for you....

• Members
3angelslostntheflame

I want to thank you guys for what you have said to me and the support. I feel kind of guilty telling this, when I know that people have gone through worse, I don't know its weird. I'm so sorry for everyone's loss, and I hope that people are just taking it one day at a time and aren't trying to get too ahead of their selves. To the lil sis' who lost your brother, I don't think I could function without my older brother. How do you do it? I have a lot of respect for you and everyone for sharing their story, and reading mine. Today was the one month anniversary of the fire, and it's been hard, but I try not to thing about it, but its really hard. I do a lot of writing and drawing to try about put pain on paper, but I'm not so sure that is working. No matter how much I write or draw, the hole in my heart seems to get bigger and bigger, and there is nothing I can do about it. My family and I just try and remember the funny and happy things. The holidays are going to be really hard for my uncle especially. I have had Christmas with my aunt and uncle ever since I was born, and now its just going to feel empty. When you live in a small town like mine, rumors spread like none other...just the other day rumors were spreading that my uncle tried to commit suicide and was in the hospital. Thank god I didn't hear when I was in school, because that would have made me an emotional mess. Well that's all for now. Thanks again for reading and supporting, its means a lot.

• Members

3A's-I am so glad that you are writing and drawing, even if it doesn't feel like it is helping...keep it up and then go back later down the road and read over what you wrote, look at your drawings and see how they change.

I am sorry about the rumors about your uncle, I know how angry it makes you, as I had the same type of rumors about me after we lost our daughter, the problem with the rumors about me was that a nurse at the doctors office started them.

Keep posting, you may find that it helps.

Denise

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Hi 3angels, yes, grief is painful. By having your artistic ability, you have a release for emotions. There is a little thing about the arts, and I know this as a professional musician. Art is pure emotion, so the expression of it is going to make us feel more emotional, even if the emotions are grieving and pain. What ever you do, make sure to connect with your family and get the truth before you buy into rumors. We all have faced them, and they're not pretty. We'll be thinking of you, with a little prayer, as we get to the holidays. Take each day, each moment, as you get to them. And, as I say this to many people, I'll say it to you, please do a little something for yourself, to make you feel good about you.

• Members
tdubslilsis14

3angls...

How have u been recently? I haven't been able to get on lately. I hope your doing ok. This month is hard for our family because its almost both Kristin and Travis' one year anniversery. Our school is have a candle light service on Sunday for Kristin. My brothers is going to be next Friday, the day he died. I understand how hard it is being only one month after everything. For us it was Christmas and I just wasn't into it....all I wanted was to see my brother one more time and tell him that I loved him. Well when you asked how I dealt with it...I'm not really sure...I was confused all of the time and I couldn't concentrate on school, I got so behind after being gone for so long. I tried to focus but my mind wouldn't get off all the memories I shared with my brother. Our community had set up this forum in memory of the 7 (now 9)teens that were killed in alcohol related car crashes. A lot of our families had spoken and shared their story. My mom did it for our family. Then Kristins brother went up and told his side of the story. On Oct. 16th I spoke at one. I am like one of the shyest people you could ever meet. But I guess remembering how my brother died and how I am close in age to all the other teens either there or watching it on the news, I wanted to tell about the day I found out...and how it important it is to make the right decisions. I didn't want anyone to go through the pain that I have. About 500 people came, other teens and their parents came to listen. I was scared but it felt good after I did it. I faced my fears and spoke infront of a huge crowd.

Travis always told me to keep singing for choir. But after he died I didn't want to sing anymore. He always told me I had an amazing voice. I had written a few songs about him and how my life has changed. I decided I should live my life to the fullest and not let it hold me back from what I loved to do. I'm doing a solo at our upcoming choir concert. I'm really excited. I know Trav will be watching me.

Thanks for your support,

Lexie

• Members
3angelslostntheflame

Lexie,

Thanks for your support, and I will keep you and everyone in my prayers. I hope that you celebrate your brother's life on the one year and not the sad stuff. I know it's easier said then done, believe me. I can say a whole bunch of stuff like this, and I can't even do it.

Have any of you had friends that just don't understand. Today one of my friends was like "You have been so crabby lately." Then she preceded to call me a craba$$. I just wanted to scream, "Well I'm sorry if I'm not taking this death lightly!" It make me so angry that they expect me to be as happy and cheerful as I was before this happened. So then that got to me and I almost had a emotional breakdown in the middle of class. Sometimes I wonder when this nightmare is going to end, then I realize it's not.

~Stephanie

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Stephanie, for the friend who doesn't understand, screaming will get your friend's attention and raise the cue that something is wrong. But please be open and honest with your friends. What you feel, and what they see as the cause of you being "crabby" is called love. You love your cousins, and you always shall. When you tell your friend exactly how you hurt, and why, your friend will most likely respond to your emotional needs more positively. Take gentle care of yourself this weekend. If there is something you like and think of as a special treat, allow it for yourself so you can feel special and loved by yourself. This will help you while you grieve. My best to you as you heal. Mark

• Members

On December 23, 2005, my younger brother and four friends were in a car accident. He survived (Thank God), but his best friend didn't.

He won't talk to anyone about it. The kids were so stupid, only the driver was wearing a seatbelt, and my brother had to be airlifted to a hospital in order to have emergency surgery. I got the phone call at 11:55, just before midnight, Christmas Eve.

Knowing his best friend in the world had died made it REALLY hard not to bring everyone down over Christmas, and when my parents didn't let me know what was happening, didn't tell me WHY he was back in the ICU, I was frantic.

I couldn't be there for him, I live too far away, but I want to know...is there anything I can do to help him through this loss? I feel like I've lost my brother, even though he's still with us, as he's withdrawn and quiet. Not at all like the teen who would say to me "You're a munkey" (spelled wrong on purpose), just because he could....or tell our sister she sounded like she was strangling a moose when she played the oboe... "Poor Moose". How do I find my brother and help him grieve?

Jennifer, Buddy's Sis

• Members
3angelslostntheflame

Jennifer~

Hello, my name is Stephanie, and I lost my aunt and two cousins to a house fire. My moms cousin was going to do this to my uncle but didn't, so maybe you could do it to your brother. Send him a "I'm thinking about you card" every week or every month...you know...so he knows that you are thinking about him. It made me feel better when I got a few, maybe it will work for him.

• Members

i lost my great grandma 6 years ago but i was realy close to her and i just cant forget it and get on with my life occasionally remembering my past.

• Members

needinghelp,

There is nothing wrong with missing your your great grandma. All of us here are missing someone whom we all loved.

Let us all know what a wonderful woman she was and why you miss her so. She would be proud to hear from you after all this time...

Jeff

• Guests

My bestfriend died in a car crash over a year ago and I just cant get over it. a week before he died (the last time we talked) he was doing drugs and being stupid and I told him that he was going to die and then while I was out partying with my girlfriends he faught with his girlfriend and tried to go apoligise. He went 90 around a corner and hit a truck, the lady in the truck lived but the car he was in was crushed and he died instantly. I just feel like I should have been home for him I should have been there for him because he always called me when he was upset and if I had been there he wouldnt have gotten into the car. I dont want to forget him but I dont want this to hurt anymore the way it does.

• Members

Wow Sarah....you've got much on your plate. I hope you have a great Godmother~my mother committed suicide, too- but I was a grown up. I'm so , so sorry you have to deal with this...why do some people just have so much tragedy in their lives? While others seem to sail thru life....Feel free to email me- its in my profile. Try to stay in school....that will be helpful to you, I would think. Take care

• Members
tdubslilsis14

Kristin Rice- 11/13/04...killed by drunk driver...16 years old

Travis Woerner (older bro)- 11/18/04....dies 5 days later after car crash on November 13th...also 16

Heart Samons- 12/16/04...died of heart defect...1 month old

Terry (Mr.) Bisesi (friends dad)- 12/23/04...heart attack

Justin Davis- 4/16/05 (i think)....single car crash...17 years old

Jaymes Strickland- 10/21/05...driver runs red light hits his side...15 years old..one of my classmates

Mrs. Stamm (best friends mom)- 2/26/06...complications from surgery...left behind 8 kids and a wonderful husband

I miss them all...I lost all of them in the past 3 years...I am only 14...I hate having to go through the pain every single day

• Guests
Guest Guest

I lost my neice and her husband in January in a motorcycle wreck. They left behind 2 children, 15 and 9. The kids are living with their uncle and his wife. The seem to be very unhappy and it is not going well. The teenage daughter is shutting down, not doing her work, not wanting to get up in the morning and go to school. Not only did they lose their parents, but they had to move states and give up their school, their friends and their church. THere was no family where they did live so they had to move where the support system is. We really don't know what to do. By we I mean me, and my sister, their grandmother - it was her daughter who died. We really feel that the kids are not in the right house but don't know how to make the change without hurting someone's feelings?

• Guests
Guest Guest

i Grieve with you that is such a unexpected tragedy! sorry to hear. from chicago. my condolences goes out to you!!

www.newlife.com

www.spiritlessons.com

• Members
nicolebrooke

Hi everyone,

I lost my younger brother when he was 19. It was the day after Christmas and he killed himself. We were completely shocked. I was living in another country and my mom told me over the phone and then I had to drive all night and fly home in the morning. I felt bad that I wasn't there sooner to help her. And I hadn't seen my brother since Thanksgiving. And when I called on Christmas I didn't talk to him on the phone either.

I will be on here evryday if anyone wants to chat.

• Guests
Guest Guest

Exactly 2 weeks ago i lost my best friend. He was only 17 years old, about to turn 18 in a couple of months. It was a very sudden death, one minute he was sitting at home, then all of a sudden he stopped breathing, an ambulance was called but it was too late, his heart had already stopped beating. He had a heart transplant when he was 12, but he's been pretty healthy ever since. I did not expect this at all, and now i'm feeling really lost, and sometimes i still can't believe that he is gone, and i don't know how to deal with this. I cry whenever i talk about him, or see pictures of him, or think about him in any way. I NEED somebody to talk to, but none of my friends will listen to me, because it makes them feel sad too. Please somebody help me? I don't know what else to do or who else to talk to.

• Members
nicolebrooke

Hi Guest,

I am so sorry you lost your best friend, and so suddenly. So many things you didn't get to say right? My brother died suddenly 6 yrs ago when he was 19. I ache for him, to hug him one more time and tell him I love him.

I am so glad you found this site. It helps so much to talk to other people who understand exactly how you feel. I think crying is good, how ever you need to deal with it is ok.

• Members
tdubslilsis14

Hi Guest,

I kinda know how you feel. Well my older brother was killed about a year and a half ago from a single car crash, he was 16, the driver was drunk.

I guess for a while I tried to talk to all of his friends and no one would talk to me because it made them sad too...I felt emty and confused because the closest people to him were his friends. I talked to my mom about it and broke down because I didn't understand, but she told me that they're grieving too and I should try letting them have some space for a little bit and let them come to me when they're ready. I was only 13 and I really didn't know how to handle it. I was too scared to talk to my parents or cry around them so most nights I would just turn the music up loud and cry myself to sleep. One night my mom showed me this website and it helped a lot to write my feelings out instead of bottling them all inside. You know?....Well I hope this helped a little and I'm very sorry about your friend!

x3 Lexie

P.S.- I'm here for you anytime you need to talk (although I'm probably younger)

Visit these 3 sites....

www.traviswoerner.com

www.kristinmarierice.com (died 5 days before my brother but they were in the same crash)

www.whenyoudrive.com

• Members

Thanks Nicolebrooke and Tdubslilsis14... I'm really glad i found this website. And i feel kind of better now that i see i'm not the only one who feels like this.. I honestly thought there was something wrong with me, since it's already been 2 weeks and i still cant really go a day without crying. Its just so hard and its not something i'm used to dealing with. But if anyone else needs to talk I'm here too, and I'll try to listen and help as much as I can.

• Guests

I have no idea what this is about...I lost my sister in July of this year and i lost my mom 2 years ago in 2004. I\'m just now seeking help for what I\'m going through...if someone could e-mail me and let me know that would be great...my e-mail is sweetie_pie2669@yahoo.com

R.I.P.

Mommy and Bethany

• Members
jamiedawnsmom

Dear Guest, I have a daughter who lost her dad 3 years ago in a car accident and her 16 year-old sister to a car accident on 12-23-05. I'm going to pass on your email to her. Maybe you can help each other by just talking about your feelings. She's 20 and attends college.

Take Care.

Renee

• Guests

That would be wonderful. I'm really looking forward to hearing from her. My name is Kaley, and I'm here for her, as long as she needs. It would be a good idea to talk considering the holiday is in a few short days. It's so horrible that things like this have to happen but with time, i'm sure the pain will slowly go away....i hope. The hardest part so far is seeing my sisters kids. they are 2 and 3. they wrote me a letter saying that they wanted to see mt on my birthday which is tomorrow. so here i am kind of asking your advice on what to do, i havent seen them yet. and i'm terrified of the pain it may bring. *sigh*

Kaley

• Guests
Exactly 2 weeks ago i lost my best friend. He was only 17 years old, about to turn 18 in a couple of months. It was a very sudden death, one minute he was sitting at home, then all of a sudden he stopped breathing, an ambulance was called but it was too late, his heart had already stopped beating. He had a heart transplant when he was 12, but he's been pretty healthy ever since. I did not expect this at all, and now i'm feeling really lost, and sometimes i still can't believe that he is gone, and i don't know how to deal with this. I cry whenever i talk about him, or see pictures of him, or think about him in any way. I NEED somebody to talk to, but none of my friends will listen to me, because it makes them feel sad too. Please somebody help me? I don't know what else to do or who else to talk to.

I'm really sorry to hear this. it hurts to know he was so young. Feel free to e-mail me ANYTIME... sweetie_pie2669@yahoo.com

• Members
jamiedawnsmom

Kaley, I passed your email on to Kari, my daughter. I hope she will get into contact with you. I think it's good to have someone to talk to and with you losing your mom and sister and Kari losing her dad and sister you might have a lot to talk about. Both Kari's dad and sister were killed in car accidents just 2 years and 3 months apart. Jamie's accident was 1/2 mile from home and the girls could see the emergency vehicles and we were looking for Jamie so Kari went to the accident site. She doesn't talk about it much but I'm sure it's something that eats at her. Kari's hotmail account has expired so she will have to setup a new one, otherwise I'd share her email address with you.

I hope you can help each other on your journeys.

Renee

• Members
jamiedawnsmom

Thanks for asking about Kari. Kari had to work on Thanksgiving (2-10). She is a med aid at an assisted care facility and is going to school to be a nurse. She had to work yesterday too but has this weekend off so came home. You should hear from her hopefully tonight. She still needs to setup an email account and was going to do that now that she is home.

How was your Thanksgiving? You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Renee

Archived