Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

9 years later

Ril.sor

• Members

It's been 9 years since I lost my mom at 16 to suicide. Is it normal that I still cry every morning on my way to work? I've gone to therapy and I thought I dealt with it but the holidays were always her favorite and it just feels empty. I'm starting to see a therapist again next month but I still feel overwhelmed with grief.

• Hugs 1

• Members

Dear Ril.sor,

It is normal to feel triggered by the holidays. I know I do too. I feel tearful that my father is gone. I still long to go back in time and find a way to keep him here.

It's a good idea to reach out for support. Talking to a therapist, joining a support group, talking to friends and family, writing and finding other ways to express yourself is important.

Thinking of you.

• Members

It's been eleven years since I lost both parents and I still yearn and long for them.  They can never be replaced or compare to anyone in our lives.  We only have one so when their gone it's devastating and everlasting.  We just have to learn to live without them.  Though I believe they are still with us some kind of way at least in memories and spirit.  I try to honor mine the best I can especially during the holidays.  It's always the hardest during the holidays.  I think therapy is a good idea and hopefully will help you feel better.  Never give up on yourself.  Best wishes.