Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I loss my adult daughter to domestic violence

yostkimberly23

• Members
yostkimberly23

My daughter, my sweetest friend was taken from us by her abusive husband, whom she married only 6 months ago. We are struggling to survive this tragic loss of a beautiful life. As her mother, I do not know if I can make it through. We are suffering and still we have to deal with her abuser, because according to the law until he is ever convicted he continues to be deemed her next of kin. So throughout all of this we have had to seek his permission for everything such as funeral, organ donation. He is presently in jail but continues to harass us from there with phone calls, and messages he has had others send. I don't I can do this. Has anyone else been in my position? Please help us. Thank you

• Hugs 1

• Members
yostkimberly23

Thank you so much for taking the time to acknowledge my post..I wasn't sure if anyone would ever reach out to me..I feel better now about the grieving.com website and have decided to remain a member here..I'm just looking for others who understand what I am experiencing..thank you so much

• Members
LostHeartMom

I just joined this site and saw your post. I also want to say how sorry I am to hear about your daughter. I can't imagine how you feel having to deal with her horrible husband, but hope that won't last long and that justice will catch up with him. You are such a strong mother to have survived this even though you may not feel that way. I lost my adult daughter in 2019, so I am hurting along with you. I hope we can all heal...