Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Fraud/scam alert, reported

foreverhis

• Members

Anyone else receive a PM here from a "Mrs. Mary Kenneth"?  I already reported it as scam/fraud and an attempt to steal money from me/us(?).  Just an FYI.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• Members

Disgusting, isn't it?  As if we're not already vulnerable and hurting enough, people are always trying to take advantage of that. 

Well, at least with this one, it's obvious.  It's the sneaky ones, the ones who seem like good people, who are even worse.

• Like 2

• Members

Agreed, it’s extremely disgusting.  What comes around, goes around eventually though. 

• Like 1

• Members
1 hour ago, steveb said:

mar566r is their username.  He/she needs to be blocked. 

Thanks for that.  I hadn't even checked the username.

Well, this person caused me to go through the "Ignore" process for the first time.  I guess it's good to know I can do that.  It's just that I've never gotten into any disagreement so serious with any member that it ever occurred to me that it was an option.

• Like 1

• Members
15 minutes ago, foreverhis said:

Well, this person caused me to go through the "Ignore" process for the first time.  I guess it's good to know I can do that. 

Just did it myself:)

• Like 1

• Members

Yes i read it as well...how can we avoid that scammers? I received a lot of it in my personal post mail too !

• Like 1

• Members
47 minutes ago, Roxeanne said:

Yes i read it as well...how can we avoid that scammers? I received a lot of it in my personal post mail too !

I wish I knew.  The only way I avoid it in my personal email is having multiple accounts.  I have personal, finance/medical, insurance/utilities, and shopping.  It's the shopping one that gets inundated with spam.  I set the filter to high and mark as junk any spam, which I also block.

• Like 3

• Members

I had to change to an email address I hardly use a while back because of all the spam I was getting in my good email address. I haven't checked the spare one yet and I'm sure it's also got a lot of crap in it.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I just got a msg from mar566r seems a scammer too, reported and wrote to Kelly about it, if you get this, do NOT RESPOND!  Report it!  Sometimes moderators take a while to respond as they have day jobs!
My Name is Mrs Mary Kenneth,

I am sorry for expressing my personal worries on this great site, I have been diagnosed with cancer. It has defiled all forms of medical treatment, and right now I have only about a few months to live, according to medical experts. I have not particularly lived my life so well, as I never really cared for anyone 11(not even myself) but my business. Though I am very rich, I was never generous, I was always hostile to people and only focused on my business as that was the only thing I cared for.

But now I regret all this as I now know that there is more to life than just wanting to have or make all the money in the world. I believe if I have a second chance to come to this world I would live my life in a different way from how I have lived it.

I would want to have a Personal and Trustworthy Relationship with you, as I intend and willing to empower the change of ownership for the transfer of my Deposits to your personal possession for further Investment and Charity Disbursement to the Less Privilege and Homeless write me via my mail:

You can reach me through my private email address at 

• Members

I received the same email from the infamous Mrs. Mary Kenneth. Tried to copy/paste it here but couldn't. But it's the same one that everybody is getting. :( 

• Like 1

• Members
11 hours ago, KayC said:

How do you ignore/block them?  Not seeing that option!

Go to the member's name on the side of their post and hover over it.  A sort of drop down menu will appear and one of the options is "Ignore."  Select that and then confirm.

I figured it out by thrashing about trying everything else.  Typical for me.:lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Members

I also got the same private message. I reported it a a scam also.

I think they must have sent it to everyone on this site. 

Gail

• Like 1