Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

A giant playlist of videos/talks on death, loss, grief, coping, depression, growing, living, not giving up etc.

catcat

• Members

Hi everyone. We all relate in the saddest of ways, we have all lost the one we love most. Many of us have lost others as well.. It is a strange and horrible thing to experience. I lost my love only in November, and it has been suffocating..There have been many days I didn't think I could keep going.. The most basic functions have seemed like an insurmountable task.. But some days are better than others..

One of the things that has been helping the most has been listening to TED talks. I have put together a playlist of talks on death, loss, grief, stress, coping, depression, forgiveness, anger, growing, living, not giving up, and more. Some are pretty heavy, but all have words of wisdom, healing, coping, understanding, hope, and more.. I hope these help you in some way.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhUzpBxgD6h41yd85saqDOSCj3oFKp27O

The very first video a starts with A holocaust survivor that was sent to die in the gas chambers, her vision on loss, coping, growing, living, and even thriving.

Love to you all.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Wow!  Thank you for sharing!

BTW, I met Elaine Mansfield years ago through my other grief group and she's on my FB...I had no idea about her video!  I love everything she's shared...

• Members

@KayC Oh how neat. Its a great video too, I love her personality. I had bookmarked that website, but didn't make the connection until you mentioned it. I just found it on my sad youtube adventures.

Ill keep adding videos as I find them, not all will be TED talks, but the best talks seem to happen on TED/TEDx, its a great platform.

• Like 1

• Members

Updated.

Some of the titles are crap, don't judge them by the titles.

Most of these vids are people talking about their experiences, and struggles. Many have struggles, some art outright victims.. Others are psychologists, counselors.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I like bookmarking/renaming articles, etc because sometimes I don't understand why they title things like they do, sometimes misleading or off putting!  Thank you for sharing these though, a treasure trove...

• Hugs 1

• Members

@kayC You just reminded me of a video I forgot to add. *added*  I greatly dislike the title, almost didn't watch it, but it is a great vid. "The Cure For Grief", there is no "cure" , but it is a great video of her trauma, and others and how to keep going and not get stuck.

• Like 1