Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of my son

av8r

• Members

On November 25,2021,I lost my son and best friend due to complications from a routine back surgery,he developed a blood clot that went to his beautiful heart.i seriously don't think I'm going to survive this,I'm married and have a 17 year old daughter living at home.i have to force myself to wake up every morning. I don't know how to deal with this.

• Members
May never come

av8r, I understand your pain. I just lost my only child my son this past May. He was only 19. You will find a way everyday. Some how you go on. Numb. I am so numb. He was my only family. I’ve recently started grief counseling. I’m not totally sure if it’s helping but not a day passes that I don’t cry missing my son.

• Like 1

• Members

I understand, sometimes I don't know if I have any tears left.I feel like my soul is gone.i think of the things that we had planned for this year that'll never happen now. I don't know if counseling would be any help for me.Right now I'm recovering from a heart attack and triple bypass surgery,he died while I was in the hospital, I didn't even get to go to the funeral,that tears me apart.I feel like I really need to talk to someone,so does my wife,I'm worried to death about her.Right now,I really can't see how we'll go on.But I know our daughter needs us,so I make myself get up and keep going.Thank you for the reply.

• Members
May never come

av8r, Some days I just take such a deep breath in and never want to let it out again. For so many years it was just me and my son. I raised him on my own since he was 8. His father passed away in 2010. I always told my son if anything ever happened to you how could I ever take another breath in my body but yet here I am almost 8 months later still waking each day and living this life that has become so foreign to me. I’m so truly sorry you couldn’t be at your sons funeral. Being the loving father you are you would have been completely numb that day. I know I was. I felt so numb. I felt like I had this brick wall around me. I know you and your wife will find a way every day to go on. Be there for each other and your daughter. She needs you now more than ever.