Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Nieman Marcus I miss you so much

Samlovescats

• Members

On December 11, 2021 my beloved cat Nieman Marcus passed away unexpectedly. He was hit by a car. It’s been 2 weeks and 3 days and I’m still having such a hard time. No one around me understands and I’m feeling so alone. I’ve fallen into a depression and I can’t stand it. I need to be able to talk about it. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

I am so sorry for your loss.  I know it is great. :wub: Do come here and let it out, it helps and that's what this place is for.  Losing our beloved cat or dog is one of the hardest losses we can suffer, they are in our lives daily, interact with us, they're family, we know and love each other so well.  They make us their study, and we're so close to each other, that's why it hurts so much when we lose them.  It helped me to write about mine (will list links) as it helps us process our grief, also it helped me feel I immortalized them in a way, I wanted the world to know how special they were!

I want to list some other links as well that I hope will bring you some comfort and peace.

Accidental Death
Comfort for Grieving Animal Lovers

Also, I don't know if you buried him or had him cremated, but this place sells inexpensive memorial stones that withstand time/elements, you can search for promo codes to use also.Personal Creations

• Angel Wings 1

• Members

Loosing a pet companion is a fate as bad as loosing the humans you love and care about. How are y’all dealing with the loss? 

• Like 1

• Members
missing_my_friend
1 hour ago, Samlovescats said:

Loosing a pet companion is a fate as bad as loosing the humans you love and care about. How are y’all dealing with the loss? 

Hi @Samlovescats, I truly understand how you feel. I just lost my cat on 12/24/21 and its devastating. 

I personally feel loosing an animal companion is same as loosing human love ones, no different. 

I am having a very difficult time since my cat passed away. I only think about her and I can't function, eat or sleep. 

I have so much guilt, regrets and sadness towards her that it hurts me to even look at her picture. 

All the memories comes back and blame myself even more. 

Its very difficult to get over the death of love ones. Our pets are family and friend but some people doesn't see that way. 

• Like 1

• Members

I’m so sorry for your loss. Just remember you’re not alone. Our pets definitely are family. Nieman was my son. You’re right about not all people see pets the way we do. What was your pet’s name? Was she a cat? 

that’s Nieman Marcus I’m the photo 

DC9123D8-3362-4B2C-9DD4-B6F1942D5182.jpeg

My daddy built Nieman a wooden headstone with his name on the front and “I love you “ on the back. We’re going to put rocks over the top. 

• Like 1

• Members
missing_my_friend

@Samlovescats, her name is Mama and she is a cat. I don't know exactly how she died but I believe she was old and had some internal problems. 

I just miss her very much and having so much guilt that I didn't do enough for her. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Nieman Marcus is beautiful!  I am so sorry for both your losses.  

How to survive is another matter, we have to honor that spot inside of us that grieves, don't pay any never mind to those who don't get it.  If you feel like withdrawing, give yourself that time/space.  If you need reprieve for a bit, be with someone who uplifts you.  Don't forget to eat a little something and drink some water as we need nourishment now more than ever, just when we least feel like it.  Whatever brings you comfort, some remove their belongings right away, some hang onto them, I'm more the latter.:wub:

• Members

I’m sure you did everything that she needed ❤️ I know you miss her a lot. One thing that helps me is knowing I’m going to be reunited with my baby boy Nieman. I hold on to that thought desperately. 
 KayC thank you for your kind words. I truly appreciate them. I have been having a lot of trouble eating, my appetite isn’t around right now. I plan on getting a portrait tattoo of Nieman on my arm, that way I can see his beautiful face every single day ❤️❤️ Nieman Marcus was my first pet (the first pet I was completely responsible for) I should of had him fixed, but I didn’t know the importance of getting him fixed. Come to find out he had had kittens with a stray female cat, I see his babies sometimes ❤️❤️ I also put food out for them. It helps knowing pieces of my baby are running around in the woods behind my house. Nieman loved being outside in the woods. 

• Like 1

• Members
Samlovescats

I’ve always been a huge cat lover too. Growing up we always had cats. My Bebo (grandmother) is a huge cat lover also. She was the one I called when my husband and I found Nieman on the side of the road. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Someone offered me a male cat, don't know age, said he's sweet, but a part of me isn't sure, maybe because of my puppy, maybe because it's the middle of winter, I have no cat food or litter box, and no way to get out and get some right now in the middle of this snow storm, I guess I feel at my limit with 44" snow and all of the shoveling I have to do.  Also apprehensive about sharing my Kodie time.  Yet I always worked it out before, I've always had at least one or two cats.  I'm not sure why, I'm not over Kitty, it'll be two years in five days, but then I wasn't over Arlie when I got Kodie, never will be!  If I had a litter box, I might have...

Usually my cats have come to me, showed up at the door, been offered in person by a friend, not a stranger.

• Members
Samlovescats

My sister in law gave me a female kitten about a week ago. I wasn’t ready, my husband thought I needed one because I’m home alone while he works. I’m starting to grow attached to her and love her. No fur baby will ever take Nieman’s place. I often tell my new fur baby about Nieman, I’ve always believed animals understand what we’re saying. I really hope you can get everything you need for a new kitty cat soon. I’m sorry you’re not able to get out and get them right now. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

I never heard back from the person so no way to contact them anyway...

I hope you grow close to this little kitty:wub:, it may take time, but I grew VERY attached to my Kodie, now I can't imagine losing him.  He's not like Arlie, that his qualities can never be replaced is a tribute to him.  Kodie has brought different attributes into my life.

• Like 1

• Members
Samlovescats

I realized I kept Comparing her to Nieman. There is no comparison, Nieman was unique and had his own personality. I noticed Sadie (my new fur baby) follows me around all over the house, that definitely warms my heart ❤️ 

• Like 1

• Moderators

I know, it's hard not to, in time you will see special qualities of her own and love her for HER...the thing you miss about Nieman will always be missed.:wub2: