Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Now this is heaven

foreverhis

• Members

Here's another image of what heaven should be like.

The love of animals is priceless and precious--as if you don't all already know that.:wub:

Dogs and heaven.jpg

• Like 1

• Members
1 hour ago, missing_my_friend said:

I hope and believe all animals goes to heaven!

I have absolute faith that they do.  What kind of heaven could it be without them?

• Like 1

• Members
12 hours ago, KayC said:

Dogs, cats, bunnies, horses, gerbils, hamsters, etc...

All dogs go to heaven.jpg

Absolutely!  My cats and dogs (own and friends) and all loving animals.  That includes my Shadow and Misty.  Who were they you ask (or not, but I'll tell you anyway)?

My dad was violently, hospital-visit allergic to most animal dander, especially dog, cat, and rabbit.  But he was not particularly allergic to the dander of Fancy Rats fur.  These are domesticated pets, not sewer or roof rats and not rabid street/urban rats.  Fancy rats are between 1 and 2 lb (mine were about 1-1/2 lb).  They are smart, loving, and fun.  Beautiful too; Shadow was a hooded black and white (what we'd call tuxedo in a cat) and Misty was, well, the color of creamy mist.  Shadow lived 3-1/2 years, which is a good life span for them (2 to 3 years is average) and Misty lived to nearly 3 years.  I was about 9 when my parents said yes after it had been my turn to take care of our class pet rat for a weekend and I did a great job.  I did learn about pet loss at a fairly early age, but I was so glad to have had them.  They had a double, connected cage system, toys, running wheels, fresh litter every few days (with poop pickup in between), fresh water and food twice a day, brushing sometimes, plenty of play in certain rooms of the house, and lots of love from me.  I trained them to come when I called and to climb up onto my shoulder.  They were wonderful companions. 

I only have one friend who also had Fancy Rats as pets growing up.  Similar reason, but more centered on her parents not wanting to deal with a cat or dog.  When we were sitting around getting to know each other years ago, she asked me about pets one time.  I hesitated, but then decided what the heck.  I said, "Well, my dad was allergic to cat and dogs and birds.  I had, um, domesticated pet rats."  Her eyes lit up and she said, "Me too!  You'll understand why I loved them so much!"  Yes, I did.

So I absolutely want all of our furry friends to be there to welcome us to our adventure in the next life/world/place.

• Like 1

• Moderators

My little sister had a pet rat when she was about six, seven.  It was white, clean and smelled good (sweet).  I remember her and her GF sitting on the bottom of the stairs for hours, petting Rat-Rat as she called it, and feeding it.  It was very sweet!

I had parakeets, raised carrier pigeons (I loved them all, they each had their own personality and name, and were so calming to watch!)  I lost them in a divorce from "the monster."  I have had ten dogs and 15 cats, and a horse named Bucky (guess why!  :D  He was wild when we got him, my kids' dad trained him and used to ride him when he went on his elk hunting trips into the wilderness).  I still remember my wee son when we put him on his back the first time...the horse barely moved and my son exclaimed, "He's a buckin'! He's a buckin'!"  Something which he still hears about today...;)

11 hours ago, foreverhis said:

So I absolutely want all of our furry friends to be there to welcome us to our adventure in the next life/world/place.

They will be...only Believe Do It GIF by Denyse®

• Members

Wonderful stories, Kay.  I do have faith and believe that they be with us.  I have faith that they are with John now and that they'll all be waiting for me when it's my time.  Some days, little else keeps me going.

How are you and Kodie faring?  Have you been able to keep the snow level on your roof  reasonable with help from your church and friends?  I worry about you, but knowing you've made it through so much before now makes me think you'll make it through this too.  Still, looking at the entire Pacific coast states' forecasts is scary.  It's been cold enough that we've had piles of snow on the coastal ranges and even the eastern county plains (elevation about 2000 ft) and the grade north of us (elevation 1500 ft). 

The reports say that the northern California ranges have received more than 17 ft in the past 2-3 weeks.  Yet, with the drought, the follow up is "but it's not enough."  Yikes!

• Like 1

• Moderators

I had it shoveled a few days ago, very heavy, I have 41" snowfall now in one week, will get more today/tonight, etc.  I think this has to have helped the drought, it's way above average for this time of year!  Seems we're getting extreme summers and winters now, not liking it much.  I have trees and limbs down all over, had to have one cut out of my driveway and the path I shoveled to take Kodie potty in!  Will have a lot of work come Spring to clean up the yard!  My elevation is 2,420.