Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My cat died today

Marianeeh

• Members

He managed to get into the neighbor's yard and the dogs killed him. I was out at the time, when i arrived my neghbor called me and asked if that cat was mine. He was just there, lying on the floor, covered in dirt and blood and the only thing i did was cry and cry and cry. I spent the rest of the day locked in my room, lying on my bed, crying. His name was Ozzy, he was only 4 months old and i loved him so much. No other pet i adopt will be able to fill the void he left in my chest. This is going to be the worst Christmas of all. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Oh @Marianeeh, I am so sorry!!  My heart just broke to read this.  I wish I had something tangible to offer you besides mere words, but this post is heartfelt and I hope it helps to know someone is sitting with you as you grieve your baby.  Losing them is the hardest thing in the world.  When I lost mine, it felt like it did when I lost my husband.

Comfort for Grieving Animal Lovers
Pets go to heaven
Accidental Death
Crying, cannot stop
Grieving intensely

I don't know if you buried her or are having her cremated but I buried mine and have found wonderful memorial stones here: (you can also google promo codes for them) Personal Creations  I've had my husband's for 16 1/2 years and it has withstood time and elements...

• Like 1

• Members

I just wanted to say that my heart hurts for you today.  There are no words to make this easier, but please know you are not alone.  Everyone here understands what it means, how it feels, to lose a precious fur baby.  (HUGS)

• Like 2