Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss my elder sister

Stevenwu

• Members

My elder sister was hit by a car and was badly injured. Her head hit the ground and lost conscious. She died after spending 4 days in ICU in hospital. She was so innocent, she was waking on the crosswalk line when the accident was happen, the car broke the rule, it turned left at a "No left turn" cross in a rush, without notice my sister was walking on the crosswalk. I hated that driver, if he had obeyed the traffic rule, if he had payed more attention even when he was breaking the rule, then the tragedy won't happen.  I was so sad about my sister's death, much more unbearable  than my father's death in the early of last year. Because she was only 51 years old, and hardly have time to enjoy her life. She was always busy doing her job and struggle with her life, she divorced many years ago.  After many years' efforts she has made, her life start to get better and better, her only son was studying in USA and will get his master degree two years later, she has a decent income now and will retire four years later. If the tragedy hadn't happened, she would have more chance to enjoy her life later. All the beautiful dream was shattered, she even hadn't a choice to speak out her wills, if so I would help her to fulfill her will. Sometimes I wonder what happened in her mind just before she totally lost conscious, did she fell fear or lonely? because when she was dying there wasn't any family member or close friend accompany her. During the first two weeks after her death, I always cry or sob when I was thinking this tragedy. when I was crying I felt my stomach was twisted. 

• Members

Yesterday I had a dream, in the dream my sister visit my family and brought me a pack of croissant (I like croissant but usually I eat wholegrain bread because it is healthier). In the dream I told her to avoid that street on 11th, Nov (which is the date she was hit by the car), but she didn't believe me, she thought it's a superstition. At that time I suddenly realized she had gone and I woke up.  

• Members
Carolina Hicks
On 12/13/2021 at 6:32 PM, Stevenwu said:

My elder sister was hit by a car and was badly injured. Her head hit the ground and lost conscious. She died after spending 4 days in ICU in hospital. She was so innocent, she was waking on the crosswalk line when the accident was happen, the car broke the rule, it turned left at a "No left turn" cross in a rush, without notice my sister was walking on the crosswalk. I hated that driver, if he had obeyed the traffic rule, if he had payed more attention even when he was breaking the rule, then the tragedy won't happen.  I was so sad about my sister's death, much more unbearable  than my father's death in the early of last year. Because she was only 51 years old, and hardly have time to enjoy her life. She was always busy doing her job and struggle with her life, she divorced many years ago.  After many years' efforts she has made, her life start to get better and better, her only son was studying in USA and will get his master degree two years later, she has a decent income now and will retire four years later. If the tragedy hadn't happened, she would have more chance to enjoy her life later. All the beautiful dream was shattered, she even hadn't a choice to speak out her wills, if so I would help her to fulfill her will. Sometimes I wonder what happened in her mind just before she totally lost conscious, did she fell fear or lonely? because when she was dying there wasn't any family member or close friend accompany her. During the first two weeks after her death, I always cry or sob when I was thinking this tragedy. when I was crying I felt my stomach was twisted. 

Yes.  I get it.  I lost my older sister march 2021 in a car accident. She was decapitated.  My little sister had internal injuries, but is still healing. My mom had all four limbs broken and badly bruised. All because someone ran a stop sign going 65 mph

• Members
Tiffany Gilleylen

I talked to my brother hours before I found out he passed away. I thought, there is no way this can be possible. I just talked to him and we were making plan for a trip. I am learning you have to grieve at your own pace and in your own way. Yell, if need be, scream when you want and cry however much you want. There is no right answer.