Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Hanging out with my Buds.

randynose

• Members

OMG! I so relate to this. My 16 year old cat has seen me cry, sob, wake up in the night and have cups of tea etc and well, just been there for me. Despite the fact that she has advanced kidney disease and so a great concern for me as I am sure that I am for her!

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Members

Cmp. 

That was a lovely story of the puppy and your Paul. Thank you for sharing. 

My husband and  I had a beagle that was 12 years old when John died.  That is pretty old for a beagle. But that old dog stayed with me for 3 more years till he was blind, deaf and very sick with cancer. I truly believe he stayed to help me.  He was absolutely my comfort/therapy dog. 

Randynose,

Your friends are a lovely bunch.  I have a cat now.  She definitely helps keep me in the present. She is very affectionate and wants to be near me, or on me.  

I have been a dog person most of my life, but having this cat has been very good for me this past year and half, after losing our old beagle.

Gail

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

Randynose and Cmp,

I am a huge animal lover and believe it's saved me quite honestly...losing my dog Arlie to cancer felt like when I'd lost my husband, all over again, but I'd lived with this perfect dog for 10 1/2 years, he was very communicative, understanding, loyal, protective, loving, goofy, fun, my companion since George died and I'd lost my previous pets.  I lost Kitty 4 1/2 months later and there I was, alone, for the first time.  I am so glad to have had Kodie these last two years, he's wherever I am, my sweet companion and friend.  Still waiting for another cat to stumble into my life...they make our otherwise empty life fill with incentive, motivation, love, another being to understand and love.
Thank you for sharing your pictures, so beautiful!!  And you feed them well, they look very content and healthy.

• Like 4

• Moderators

I've posted this before but her/our/my dog (hers technically but ours in reality and inherited by me) was a huge comfort to both of us through her sickness and nothing less than a lifeline to me after she was gone. Miss him terribly. Not as much as her of course but it is more similar than one might think. 

• Like 3

• Members

Their just gorgeous. I found two kittens the day he passed away.  It had to be a higher power that brought them to me.  They've helped me tremendously through these last two months.  

IMG_20211030_130442711_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211030_130336919_HDR.jpg

• Like 4

• Moderators
12 hours ago, widower2 said:

Miss him terribly. Not as much as her of course but it is more similar than one might think. 

A good way to state it.  

Jen, wow!  It IS a gift from God, for sure!  I honestly wish a cat would stumble upon me, have looked at the "local rescue" (nearly two hours from here), they aren't easy to deal with, reached out for one yesterday but no one answers the phone, won't make an appt., first come first served.  Sigh.  Maybe the one that left prints all over my car will materialize...that's how I acquired Miss Mocha a few months after George died.

• Like 2

• Members
On 12/7/2021 at 12:38 PM, KayC said:

Randynose and Cmp,

I am a huge animal lover and believe it's saved me quite honestly...losing my dog Arlie to cancer felt like when I'd lost my husband, all over again, but I'd lived with this perfect dog for 10 1/2 years, he was very communicative, understanding, loyal, protective, loving, goofy, fun, my companion since George died and I'd lost my previous pets.  I lost Kitty 4 1/2 months later and there I was, alone, for the first time.  I am so glad to have had Kodie these last two years, he's wherever I am, my sweet companion and friend.  Still waiting for another cat to stumble into my life...they make our otherwise empty life fill with incentive, motivation, love, another being to understand and love.
Thank you for sharing your pictures, so beautiful!!  And you feed them well, they look very content and healthy.

Glad that you've got a critter friend.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
21 hours ago, Jen H said:

Their just gorgeous. I found two kittens the day he passed away.  It had to be a higher power that brought them to me.  They've helped me tremendously through these last two months. 

Nice.  And yes. They are helpful. And yes, they are beautiful. :)

• Like 1