Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Giving to family and friends

Michael M

• Members

My wife passed away 8 months ago.  Since then I have been giving things of hers to family and friends.  Many were items she specifically asked me to give to specific people.  She always said if I wanted it for myself that would trump giving it away.   She always thought of me first.  I am really fed up though.  These people make no effort at all to make this happen.   No one will actually visit me.  I am mailing everything.   Even then I don't get responses about if they would like the item(s) or even an acknowledgement that they received the item.  I am getting pissed off and feel like they are disrespecting my wife and myself.  She wanted you to have this.  If you don't want it just say so,  If you got it then do us the common decency of recognizing the gift (hell at least tell me you got the package).  I am so tired of doing this.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Hell if I'd pay the postage to them!  If they can't even stop by, why do they need anything?  Honor your wishes first and foremost, as your wife said, YOU trump them!  You're a better person than me.  :wub:

• Like 1