Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Therapy day

Michael M

• Members

As part of the hospice offerings I have been seeing a therapist weekly since my wife passed.  I have discussed with my therapist that it usually takes me 24 to 48 hours to process what we discuss.  Lately this has been affecting my mood during that time frame.  I usually have a morning appointment and it makes it difficult to work afterward sometimes. I also have trouble getting to sleep the night before.  Tonight is that night.  Therapy is not for everyone but I find it helps me.  I just worry sometimes about the time spent absorbing the discussion.  I tried every 2 weeks instead of every week but I could never cover all I want to discuss that way.   Hopefully this will get a little easier over time and I won't have to process as much.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Members

Do what is best for you.  I found therapy to be invaluable in early grief helping me to process the trauma and understanding what a difficult road lay ahead.  

I think the therapist makes all the difference as well.  Also, our group therapy here really helps knowing we are not alone.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members

@Michael M  I did once a week for 5 months with my traumatologist.  The last month it's been a session every two weeks.  The sessions are always in early morning, before work.  So I hear you on having some difficulty at work afterwards.  I'm lucky , so lucky, to have found my therapist.  He does not roll his eyes when I talk about my beautiful wife having visited me in dreams or that I talk to her every day.

• Like 2