Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Want to connect with someone who has lost infant child to disease

Nicky21

• Members

I lost my 5 month old son, 6 weeks ago. He had a complex heart condition. We didn’t know how bad until we went to the hospital at 8 weeks old for his surgery of a VSD. (A relatively common and fixable heart defect in babies) We experienced a long and painful hospital stay with highs & lows. Hopeful, he would be okay. He wasn’t. Through 2 open heart surgeries, we had to make the unbearable decision to take him off life support. I feel SO alone. I am alone. I know loss is so different depending on the age group, and what happened. So I really desperately want to speak to a parent who has lost an infant child after a battle of a disease. I want to find someone who may understand a bit of what we endured on our journey. I’m from Tasmania, Australia. I would love to even speak on the phone if you can. Thankyou 

• Members

Hello, 

this is Niloo. My husband and I just lost our 6 months old few days ago through a disease too. It only took the disease 3 days to take our angel son away. We live in Los Angeles and would love to connect and to talk.