Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My boyfriend just suddenly died from Covid

Nvergara90

• Members

I am very sorry for your loss, Nvergara90. I am also sorry for your pain and for the loss of the dreams you had hoped to realize with your beloved. It was good that you were able to tell him that you loved him. I know it doesn't make it any easier but I am sure that telling him was a good thing, for both your sakes. That's kind of what we have to do with our emotions now, we need to release what is inside us. Unless they've experience the exact same kind of loss, others may not understand our grief but on here we do. We've all experienced this pain. We are all grieving. Some of us are in later stages, for some of us our grief is fresh. We share our stories. Don't be afraid to share yours and speak up when you need to. 

• Like 2

• Members

Thank you so much. You’re absolutely right, I do need to continue to speak and let it out. I appreciate your kind words right now so much <3

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members

Your story is dramatically moving Nvergara90...i'm very sorry you lost him so young and your sweet dream of love...it's very unfair! We are here to understand and comfort you  as we can...take care of yourself!

Hugs Ro'

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators
18 hours ago, Nvergara90 said:

I know we had love for each other

Just as you knew it, I bet he did also, so even though not verbalized, it was there and you both felt it...we just "know."  I am so sorry for your loss.  I've been married four times, yes four, but only ONCE did I have reciprocal LOVE and that was with my sweet husband, George!  I lost him to death over 16 years ago.  Our love was amazing and irreplaceable, we always "felt each other" and related, communicated well, understood each other and had faith in each other.  Today would have been our 20th anniversary, we didn't quite make four.  Life isn't fair so it's understandable it doesn't feel it.  Rather than focusing on that though, I feel blessed to have had him in my life at all.  I feel blessed that my kids had the best stepdad in the world.

I am so sorry you didn't get to realize your dreams to fruition.  You have found a good and caring safe place to express yourself, I hope you find some comfort and peace here.
Tips to Make Your Way through Grief

Continuing beyond physical death
Continuing Bonds - rituals, world, body, life, beliefs, cause, time, person, human
Continuing Bonds - WYG
Continuing Relationships
Thinking About Continuing Bonds | Psychology Today

Disenfranchised Grief: Mourning the Loss of a Dream

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members

Wow thank you so much. What a beautiful reply. Thank you for your wisdom and your words and all these resources. I appreciate it so Much! 

• Like 1

• Moderators

I hope you'll continue to come here and read/post, it really does help to know you're not alone in this journey. :wub: