Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Medical bills

Malisacher

• Members

The medical bills are starting to come in I don’t know how I’m gonna pay them…this on top of grief ….I’m still waiting on my benefits from husband jobs his military and his civilian government job….they say anywhere from 2 to 4 months for them to come in ….then I have my social security benefit call on 28th of this month ….hopefully I get something from them for my son like his dad social security until he is 18 ….then I can work on getting him ssi because he is autistic…I know I won’t qualify for anything I’m too young 47 ….so right now I’m living off our savings which will go down fast with medical bills….I’m so stressed out right now not sure how I will sleep tonight …we’ll guess worrying about money took my mind off my grief for a minute  or two.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators

I remortgaged my house to pay my husband's, that was 16 years ago, I later found out I wouldn't have been responsible for them in my state as I hadn't signed for anything, but they didn't tell me that, the hospital was hounding me relentlessly at usery interest.  I thought it was a smart move but NOT!  Know the laws of your state before you do anything!  There are free lawyers to low income.  I didn't know that either at that time.  I'll be paying on this until I'm nearly 80!

I got on sleeping pills eventually after struggling for years and not enough sleep.  I need my sleep to function!  You're in my prayers, no one should have to go through all this! :wub:

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members

Hope you can find a way to not pay medical bills...as european i find very unfair you have to pay for health care !

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Members

Tnd ….thanks ….I’m trying not worry about it …but going to the mail box gives me bad anxiety nothing but bills….but when I do get bills takes my mind off my grief for A minute or two 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

• Moderators

Throw them into a special wastebasket just for them and put in a back room, out of sight.  I don't know Michigan's laws but if you are held responsible, there's always bankruptcy, not sure why I didn't think of that!  I had nothing to take, they exclude your home and one vehicle and I had no money.  But in OR we are not responsible unless we personally signed for it.  Even then, there's bankruptcy.  I made it much harder on myself taking all this debt on.  I'm old and retired now, have expensive repairs constantly needed on my 43 1/2 year old mobile home, need I say more?!

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2