Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my puppy

Sonja

• Members

In May this year (2021) I adopted the most beautiful baby girl and named her Lexi, from the first moment on I have loved her with my entire heart and we bonded immediately. She was very happy growing up, she was one of the most playful dogs I have ever had and so happy, on Wednesday the 06 of October Lexi went in for her sterilisation but sadly she did not make it. The vet says everything went well with the surgery it self but after waking Lexi up something was not right and her heart beat started to slow down, after the vet pumped her Adrenaline and gave her CPR my beautiful girl passed away. I feel so empty and numb crying from yesterday feels like its going to become my new norm. My heart is completely shattered. I feel like maybe I should mot have taken her then she would still be here in my arms. I miss he so much, there is a sharp pain in my chest every moment I think of her or see one of her toys or the spot she used to lay in.

F6238608-9A42-4127-9CE9-6272123CFFEA.jpeg

• Like 1

• Moderators

OMG, I am so sorry!  I've never heard of this, we always know there's some risk with any surgery but never would expect this!  Makes me think twice about having my boy neutered, he's two today, it was put off due to Covid.  Your girl is so beautiful, her picture reminds me of my Arlie when I first saw him in the newspaper, his smile said all I needed to know, I had to have him, now he's passed (cancer).  My heart goes out to you, I so wish with you that she was still here with you.  This is a hard journey.

I hope this brings you some comfort and peace:

Arlington.jpg

• Moderators

I would never want one moment with my baby to have not happened, no matter the cost of the pain I suffered later on...I'm no stranger to grief, I lost my sweet husband over 16 years ago.  His love sustains me.

• Members

I'm so sorry to read of Lexi. It does not seem fair and at such a young age. You did nothing wrong taking her, it's something I've read can happen but not common. You were doing what was right, you can't blame yourself. I lost my Goldie 10 months ago, he was older but the end was sudden. I've had 10 awful months, my life changed that day. The bond we have with them is like no other. I've talked with animal communicators and I now know he is with me. Lexi will be with you too. It's just hard to come to terms with. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Gary55 said:

I've had 10 awful months, my life changed that day.

(((hugs to both of you)))

• Like 1

• Members

Oh my heart breaks for such a weird tragic thing to happen to sweet Lexi. I am sure it's so rare.

I am so so sorry. :( Hang in there. 

• Like 1