Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Do you feel like people want you to move past your lose too fast?

Elizabeth711

• Members

My Mother died in late April and everyone is really nice but I feel like people just expect me to be done mourning now and it is still very hard for me to go on at times. If I bring anything up about being sad or having problems they say I need to move on but I feel like I will never be done. I have good days but then waves of grief will overtake me. Sometime I feel like they do not understand I have lost the person I loved the most in the world. It is beyond hard for me to get through this time. 

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Members

Dear Elizabeth,

I am so sorry for your loss. Sadly this is a common response from friends, family and colleagues. I too got the impression people wanted me to stop grieving. The first two year after my dad passed, I was very raw. Not even my own sisters understood my feelings. I was grateful to have this forum to talk and connect with others that supported me. I also tried a grief support group and grief counselling. I hope you will continue to seek out support because your feelings are real and you deserved to be heard. There is also additional supports at these websites.

Grief Healing Blog

Grief in Common

What's Your Grief

Be gentle with yourself and continue to take your time to mourn. We are with you.

• Members
IsThereHopeForMe
On 9/23/2021 at 3:11 PM, Elizabeth711 said:

My Mother died in late April and everyone is really nice but I feel like people just expect me to be done mourning now and it is still very hard for me to go on at times. If I bring anything up about being sad or having problems they say I need to move on but I feel like I will never be done. I have good days but then waves of grief will overtake me. Sometime I feel like they do not understand I have lost the person I loved the most in the world. It is beyond hard for me to get through this time. 

I understand how you feel and I am going through the same thing as what u are now. My relatives expect me to abandoned my home which my parents left me and go to some other city/place to start working. How do you feel when there's so much things left in your house and sentimental items you cant dispose? Worst your savings or living funds are running dry without work? Anyone some advice would help?

• Like 1