Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lots Of Stress And Grief While Starting New Life

tnd

• Moderators
16 hours ago, tnd said:

I believe that what comes around goes around.

I used to work for a doctor that would say that all the time...karma, one can only hope!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tnd

• John9

• KayC

• Gail 8588

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
36 minutes ago, KayC said:

I used to work for a doctor that would say that all the time...karma, one can only hope!

KayC,

My loving wife and I always wanted to believe or hope that Karma was real, I don't believe anymore. I am seeing too much where people are getting away with things. Now maybe I am too impatient now and Karma isn't as fast as it should be or I am just plain wrong. Maybe one day all will be explained to me but I'm not holding my breath, if I did I might forget to start again.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Maybe it's in the next life, not sure what I think, sometimes it seems to happen, sometimes not, sometimes it's a long time down the road...

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Members
1 hour ago, KayC said:

Maybe it's in the next life, not sure what I think, sometimes it seems to happen, sometimes not, sometimes it's a long time down the road...

KayC,

I really don't want to go through another life, this one was already too hard. And as we all know it is harder when you are all alone to try to get through it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members
7 hours ago, KayC said:

In heaven there are no more tears, no more pain...this is what I look forward to.  I'm glad we have that hope, I need it.

KayC,

Me too!

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 1/11/2022 at 5:49 PM, foreverhis said:

Even more than me being there when it's my time, what keeps me going is the faith that John (and Penny and Charlie and people we love) are there now.  All restored to health and content, at peace, and together.

That's understood.  It wouldn't be heaven without them.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members
1 hour ago, KayC said:

KayC,

I agree also. And that is why this is pure Hell without my loving wife here with me and beside me.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members
3 hours ago, KayC said:

No, it definitely wouldn’t.

• Like 2

• Members
2 hours ago, tnd said:

Sorry for no replies. I'm ok but had a fever. Need to rest. 

Sorry you are feeling poorly.  Get some rest and feel better soon.

Gail

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
20 hours ago, tnd said:

Sorry for no replies. I'm ok but had a fever. Need to rest. 

tnd,

I hope you get well soon and hope it isn't serious. I noticed you weren't here, hoped you were too busy with finding and getting a new place.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

I had a bit of a problem last night, my bookmarks all disappeared in Chrome.  Had to restore from another browser but those hadn't been updated for YEARS so lost all the current ones, can't get into my retirement account, ugh.  Will have to call them Monday.  Will be discovering what I'm missing for a year to come I'm sure.

@tnd  Am going to go see if you've checked in since anywhere, I hope you're doing better!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
2 hours ago, KayC said:

I had a bit of a problem last night, my bookmarks all disappeared in Chrome.  Had to restore from another browser but those hadn't been updated for YEARS so lost all the current ones, can't get into my retirement account, ugh.  Will have to call them Monday.  Will be discovering what I'm missing for a year to come I'm sure.

KayC,

I've had that happen from time to time, I use Firefox but same issues. I actually started linking the different computers I used so it was a backup. I used to say (still do) computers are great if they work right, but when there is an issue. BOY OH BOY. I lost tax records and spent way too much time trying to retrieve them on top of all of this other stuff I am dealing with. I lost pictures and documents and all kinds of other stuff too. I managed to retrieve most but like you said, it may take time to know what is missing.

• Like 3

• Members
11 hours ago, tnd said:

Thanks everyone for all your get well wishes. I am still tired but on the mends. Have a little chest congestion but as it is, I already had an appt scheduled with my lung doc for this Monday. After that, if I happen to be gone again, that will mean that I probably have pneumonia and he put me in the hospital to get dried out with IV meds. Takes about 6 days. 

I suspect I caught the fever from someone who brought it into the house. The girlfriend of Fran's son had it so her parents paid for a hotel for her to stay at for a couple days. This was so she couldn't spread it to anyone in their house. I think that was a smart idea to quarantine her. Well, Fran's son saw an opportunity. He went and stayed with her! What a dumb idea!! And no one talked him out of it. SO...he came home and disappeared a couple days in his room. I suspect with a fever. Then Fran's husband had it, then Fran and then me. Sweet, huh? Needless to say, this really ticked me off but nothing I can do. It's just taking me a little longer to recover. I don't know if this is from the fever and being in a weakened state, but I tortured myself with thoughts of my husband's last hours and final moments. I didn't want to go there but I did. Cannot get it off my mind and the tears just keep coming. I miss him so very much. Just when I thought I was doing better with the grief, I get hit by the "grief bus" again. I am exhausted. 

Finally have an appetite again so going to eat and hopefully get some sleep. I'll try to be back tomorrow. 

Best wishes to get well soon. I hope you feel better.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators
23 hours ago, John9 said:

I actually started linking the different computers I used so it was a backup.

No, it's a chrome account no matter which computer you're on, so not a backup.  If it disappears on one, it disappears on all.  It's okay, just glad it wasn't my grief or diabetes folders!

@tnd  So glad you're doing better!  That's the bad thing about living with others, you get what they get.  Hopefully all are improving by now!

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members
1 hour ago, KayC said:

It didn't hit until I felt noticeable relief, it felt like a huge weight lifted!

KayC,

I am glad that you got some good news about something. And a relief off of your mind too. Too bad that you had to worry in the first place but at least hopefully no more worrying about that. Hopefully 2022 will bring good news for others as well.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

Thank you, John.  It's up home and personal with me watching daily what my friend is going through with her cancer...and she has LOTS of support and help...I do not have that.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

• Members

Kay, I am so happy for you that the growth is benign. Your news put a little cheerfulness in my morning. God bless you.:smile:

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

• Members
Jennifer Uren

I’m so sorry to hear this @tnd. I truly wish there was something I could do for you. 61 is very low. I hope you get the oxygen you need. Please keep us posted.

@KayC so happy for you. You are very deserving of good news.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members
16 minutes ago, tnd said:

I will write more maybe later or tomorrow. Just trying to hold myself together and breath. But I am glad I didn't have to go to the hospital. I think my doc doesn't want me near a hospital because of all the Covid cases flooding in. I didn't argue. 

tnd,

I hope you are able to get everything sorted out and can get the Oxygen machine/tanks you need, you don't need that added stress. I am sure you are correct that your Doctor doesn't want you near any other risks at this time like the Hospital. I hope the antibiotics work too.

• Like 2

• Moderators
On 1/18/2022 at 12:07 PM, foreverhis said:

I made a batch of the veggie-chicken chowder that I could always get John to eat and put it in single-serve containers for my friend to take with her.

That is so sweet of you!  I've also made homemade soup for Iris and Mike as they battled cancer and him, Covid & his blindness.  I just posted this on my diabetic group today!
I made a batch yesterday, so nutritious and good!  And they loved it.

Keto Dump Soup
Chop bratwurst or chicken, celery, cauliflower rice, broccoli, red bell pepper, mushrooms, bok choy, brussel sprouts, and add sliced cabbage to chicken broth in Dutch oven. Bring to high, turn off and cover, leave for an hour, then cool and store. I don’t measure the water but about half pan full and 6 cubes bouillon. Can add can cream of mushroom soup before turning off (stir thoroughly), I usually make my own.
I call this dump soup because it’s whatever I have on hand!
Keto Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 c. HWC (heavy whipping cream)
Xanthan Gum to thicken
1 ½ T. Butter
1 tsp chicken bouillon
½ tsp sea salt
Dash pepper in small saucepan mix ingredients, add chopped mushrooms, bring to boil, simmer on low a couple of minutes.
May be an image of food
  • Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members

I'm glad for you Kay...what a relief!!!:wub2:

Tnd i'm very worried for you...in that house with your health problems... take care of yourself! Hope someone  can help...

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Members
2 hours ago, KayC said:

OMG, that is horrible!  You wouldn't think they'd let this happen to something so crucial for life!  It's one thing to not be able to get a certain food or t-paper, but this is quite another matter!  Praying you'll get some SOON!!!

KayC,

What you say is correct. However as we know, OUR PROBLEMS don't matter to the people in charge. If this was happening to an "important" person or their relative it would be fixed or wouldn't happen in the first place. Covid has create so many problems that we may be dealing with for years and may never have been aware of them if not for people like tnd. I didn't know about those issues because I didn't need to provide supplemental Oxygen for my loving wife, MIL or friend. But it is a very critical issue if you need it. It isn't like you can go to the air pump and fill a tank. Sorry again for ranting about these issues that upset me because of what tnd is going through and I am sure that there are many more out there in her situation.

• Like 3

• Members
3 hours ago, KayC said:

Keto Dump Soup

:lol:  Many of my soups are dump soups, so I get this!  There are basics that go into any particular kind.  Then, because I've always felt unconstrained about following recipes, I dump in whatever I have on hand that sounds good.

With this chowder, I made the potato-carrot-chicken stock base and then cooked up chicken and chopped it.  John couldn't always manage animal proteins, so I put the chicken in little packets her friend can add depending on how she feels.  I also packeted up some blanched farmers market corn I had in the freezer from last summer.  That way she can defrost the base chowder and add what her body tells her it needs that day.

I think my friend appreciates the things I've made for her life-long friend as much as her friend does. 

My friend sent a picture of the two of them on their last day of college.  I took one look and chuckled.  I told my friend that "aside from height (she's taller) and "the girls" (I have more), you could have stolen your clothes right from my closet!  And I swear we must have gone to the same hair stylist!"  We could have been twins, even in posture and smile.  Kind of weird, but good.

She's the kind of friend who naturally draws in good, kind people and who makes the people in her life feel loved and special.  She's a real treasure, especially now.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

• Members

@KayC  You must be relieved!  Happy for you.

@tnd  I'm sorry you had such a harrowing episode.  These supply chain shortages are nuts.  It seems everyone's life has been affected in some way, directly or indirectly, by this damn covid, mine included.  Please take care of yourself.  Hope you can hop back on here soon.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

@tnd I hope you'll update us as it's been a couple of days...have you gotten oxygen yet?  How are your levels now?  You might need to call an ambulance, I'm not sure what is too low but when my sister was in rehab they wanted it in upper 90s!  DEFINITELY not 60s!

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members

Tnd, 

So glad to hear from you!  You rest and get stronger. We are all wishing you strength and good health!

Gail

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Members
3 hours ago, Roxeanne said:

Tnd it's a relief to know that you are ok and need rest...take your time hugs Roxi

5 hours ago, tnd said:

Sorry I have not been on. I just really need to rest. My O2 is getting up there in the 90's now but needs to stay up. I'm okay. Might need a couple more days. 

Thank you for updating. Happy to hear it. You take rest and get better and healthier.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1