Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Secret Loss

NicoleT

• Members
3 hours ago, NicoleT said:

i’ve never laughed more in my life than I did with him.

Nicole very moving story! Losing someone who uplift our life and make us laugh is very painful and full of despair!

I know your deep sorrow 'cos i lost a man like that too!

The world around us is boring without them!

I am so sorry you couldn't lived your love with that nice man...you deserve it !

I only want to say , how much hard it look now for you, that you have to feel grateful that you had him in your  life....without them our life would have been a wasteland!

Take care, hugs

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members
1 hour ago, Roxeanne said:

I know your deep sorrow 'cos i lost a man like that too!

how did you find the strength to keep going? I do not feel like I can.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members

NicoleT, 

I am so sorry for your loss.  

Just because your circumstances didn't allow for you to be in a recognized relationship, doesn't mean your hearts and souls were not bound together.  I can only imagine how difficult it is for you to hide your grief. 

I hope you will come here to express your emotions. It is common to have lots of different, even conflicting ones, which change and then double back sometimes.  Totally confusing. 

We all have unique circumstances that brought us to this site. But what amazes me is how our suffering has so many common elements.  I think when you have really found that person that makes you complete, your souls connect in some very real way. It doesn't matter how long you had together (I had 38 years) it is never enough. It doesn't matter how short a time you shared, some people on here had only long distance relationships. When your soulmate dies, it shatters your life, your future and your own sense of being.  Often we have to lean heavily on friends and family to get through the early months.  I can hardly imagine how hard it is for you with no one offering any support, because they don't know you are grieving. 

Come here to vent, ask questions, share memories or just read the posts of others. It helps a little to see you are not alone in what you are feeling. 

Welcome.

Gail

• Like 4

• Moderators
  • Moderators

In the other thread you posted about guilt and regret, both very common esp. in early grief.  We ALL have things we regret to some extent or another, and it's like we can't handle this outcome so we wish things had gone another way so we could have a different outcome.
Guilt and Regret in Grief
Grief and the Burden of Guilt

Address Guilt When Grieving