Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost Grandma, Still Some Questions

casey_72

• Members

My grandma passed away in May after a short stay in the hospital. She went to the hospital Sunday morning - Mothers Day - and she had been improving, but Monday afternoon her blood pressure fell very low and she passed.

I'm almost 29 and she's the closet person I have ever lost to death. With that, I guess I still have questions in my head.

I realize there's probably not a good, concrete answer to any of these, but:

-When do I stop calling my grandpa's house "my grandpa and grandma's house?"

-Also grandma would visit us once or twice a year for a week or so and she'd always sleep in the same room. When should it be changed from "grandma's room" to "the guest room?"

I'm just so conflicted because I want to keep the memory of my grandma alive but I don't want to accidentally say to my mom (it was her mom who passed) "let's go to grandpa and grandma's house" because we know we'll never see my grandma / her mom her there again.

• Hugs 1

• Members

Dear Casey,

I am so sorry for your loss. Please take your time and say what you feel is right. No one should come down hard on you for wanting to go to grandma's house or calling it grandma's room. There is no fixed timeline in grief and we all have to take our time to process our feelings. If you wanted to call it grandma's room forever, I think that would be okay and a way to honor her.

Thinking of you and your famly.