Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Grieving Mother Self Care

Simply Scentiment

• Members
Simply Scentiment

Hi Everyone, 

Let me first say that I'm so sorry for the loss of your child . I'm also a bereaved mother, my baby was murdered by her father on October 2nd at the tender age of 9 months old. I have been living with the grief for years. Every year I try to do something special in honor of my baby but at times I just get discouraged. I finally decided that this will be the year. As part of my grieving process I have found that helping others has been healing for me. Just to see a smile on a mother's face even if for a brief moment brings a smile to my face as well. This coming October 2nd I will be introducing my Self Care Comfort Box. This box can be given to someone you may know that's grieving the loss of her child or gift to yourself. In an effort to make sure the box is something a grieving mother will appreciate I will like to know the following:

Do you Journal?

What items would bring you comfort?

What makes you feel comforted?

What would Self Care look like to you?

Would reassuring Affirmation Cards be helpful?

What do you do when you are having a rough day?

What would you as a grieving mother or a friend of a grieving mother would like to see in the box on a monthly or quarterly basis?

Thank you so much

• Members
Simply Scentiment

Hi thank you for responding. Yes I have had a few to make suggestions.

• Members

I am so sorry for your extremely fragile loss. I myself lost my 2 year old to a tragic accident. It is still fresh as it was only less than 2 months ago. I have 2 other children that are very young and need me and keep me busy. But I really would like to get into some hobbies to help me when I'm not so distracted by my kids. I really want to get into crafting and plants.