Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I Wish This Will Be Over Soon

Kris C

• Members

Kris C,

Everything is so impossibly hard right now, when grief is so fresh and raw.  Nothing makes any sense, because this is all impossible. 

I don't know if the service on Wednesday will bring you any comfort.  My husband's service is a blur in my memory. 

People will say kind things about your fiance and they will say how much he will be missed.  But for you the loss is so different than what they are talking about. 

You just have to get through the day, nodding, saying how nice the service was and how kind it was for them to come. 

When they have gone, you will be able to cry on the floor for your sweetheart. 

I wish there was some way to have this not hurt so much.

Hugs

Gail

• Like 3

• Moderators

Kris, I remember feeling that way too, so hard having to plan/do things when all you want to do is grieve, cry, remember...you will get through this, the days seem to come/go I don't know how but they do.

• Like 3

• Moderators

@NancyJ 2011 Welcome here, I am sorry to learn that you too are living with loss...it was 2005 for me.  16 years alone.  It changes everything in life.  There is no "moving on" from this, there is only learning to incorporate this into our lives and doing our best to adjust/cope.  We don't "leave them behind."  Our memories can be the best part of our lifetimes, but I also look for joy in the little things now that my big joy (George) is gone.  Comparisons are huge joy killers so I try not to demean the little joys by comparing to the past, that does not good, in fact a great deal of harm and disservice to myself.

I'm sorry for all you are going through...whether yesterday or years ago, we're bonded by our love and loss.

I wrote this at about ten years out:
Tips to Make Your Way through Grief

• Like 4

• Members

Kris C, 

Don't worry about responding to us. Focus on yourself. We don't want this forum to be a burden on you.  Just write when you feel like sharing, venting, or commenting to someone else.  

We understand how hard this is.  Everything is so hard when your life has been shattered to pieces.  Things that were simple a year ago, are nearly impossible now. 

Your cup is understandably empty now, but sometime in the future you may have insight to share with someone who is as fragile as you are now.

Hugs

Gail

• Like 3

• Moderators

Kris, never feel compelled to give when your cup is empty, in early grief it can feel that way.  Right now you're doing well if you get out of bed, breathe, and eat/drink something.  You can feel weighed down, unable to move, and wouldn't you know it's now when we have to make decisions, decide things, just when we're least able to!  (((hugs)))  Our grief journey evolves, although the timetable is different for everyone, I just want you to know it won't always feel as intense as it does today.

• Like 2

• Members
21 hours ago, Kris C said:

But I want you all to know that I am not trying to be disrespectful, I am just not capable of showing  compassion for others at the moment as my cup is very empty.

Kris C:  And that is very understandable. It is hard to think of any thing else when we are grieving the loss of the person we loved the most and were the closest to. Each day seems to be a chore and it is so agonizing. I have moments of just sheer pain and sob. There's been no relief from it yet either. I try and I try but I feel like I am just barely keeping my head above water. So yes, I understand why you are feeling what you are. Don't apologize for it. You don't have to be sorry for grieving. 

• Like 1

• Members

Kris PLEASE don’t worry about anyone else   This is so new for you    Nobody expects anything from you   Be kind to yourself and take comfort knowing you are not alone even if it feels like it   Big virtual hugs and love  

• Like 3