Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I miss laughing

Kris C

• Members

Kris C, 

I am so sorry for your loss. Covid has tragically taken too many lives.   It is so unfair that you have lost your special one. You should have had so many years together. 

It is sometimes hard for friends and family to understand how grief stricken and lost we feel if they have never lost a soulmate themselves.  Sadly, on this site we get it.  Our lives have been shattered too. Our dreams for the future are gone. The one who made us laugh, gave us strength, protected us, knew our flaws and loved us anyway is suddenly gone and it is so hard to understand how or why this happened.

Come here to vent, rant, cry or just read the posts of others. It is some comfort to find you are not alone in what you are feeling. 

We are all so very sad you have reason to join us here, but welcome. 

Gail 

• Like 4

• Members

Hi Kris C; I too am so very sorry for your loss. Gail and Kay gave you some excellent suggestions, but I just wanted you to know how very sorry I am. My husband loved telling jokes and he told them so seriously it made them even more funny. I miss that and miss all the things we were going to do now that I am retired. (He was already retired.) My husband didn't die from Covid but I feel his death could have been prevented. My heart goes out to you.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Members

Kris. I too am so sorry for your loss. My husband and I laughed a lot, every day, well, up until the last few. He didn't die of covid but it was the reason we were separated. It was hard to laugh then.

We used to laugh in the car on the way to work when everyone else seemed to be looking miserable or cross. I really miss him. I hope you find some solace here.

Hugs

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Members

Kris C:  I am very sorry for your loss. It is the worst pain to lose our partners in life. All of us on here understand that pain. And we also understand that everyone on here needs some support. We will be here for you. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members

Kris i'm so sorry for your loss...i miss laughing with my loved one too! I know how hard it is...

Hope you have family and friends who support you and help you and your kids.

Our community understand and knows how devastated is your life now...everyone here lost their special person who made us laugh !

Take care of you and your kids

Hugs

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members

So sorry for your loss Kris. 
Loss steals a lot including laughter. A feeling of being light and not having a bad feeling at the pit of your stomach. It’s like a constant buzz you are surrounded by or grief on simmer, sometimes it boils over, sometimes it is tolerable. Using haha or exclamation marks or emojis, they just seem so frivolous.

• Like 2

• Members

Hi Kris,

I lost my partner too just over a month ago from Covid as well. 29 young fit and we had our whole lives ahead of us. If you ever want to chat always here. 

sending you all the love and strength and I’m really sorry you’re going through this. 

Shelley x

• Like 2