Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my little buddy yesterday

Ktaub1003367

• Members
Ktaub1003367

I lost my little buddy Finn yesterday. He was only 7. I miss him terribly and it hurts my heart to realize he is gone. 
I got him when he was six weeks old. Finn bonded with me only and in our household it was clear I was his human. Finn would follow me around the house, sit in a tray on my desk as I worked and sit on the bed to purr for what seemed like forever. When he was naughty I was never cross with him, I’d pick Finn up and ask, What are you doing little buddy?  He would look at me with his soft yellow/green eyes with a “who me” expression. I loved that little guy with all my heart. He would look at me wherever he was sitting or laying and the unconditional  love in his eyes could not be expressed in words and I felt same way towards Finn. 
Over the past 6 months Finn had two surgeries, we had a new baby, moved to a new home and I went back to work in an office after a year of working at home. Finn had a hard time adjusting to so many changes. This past week he seemed to be eating less and finally two mornings ago did not come out when I made my usual cup of coffee so I went to find him. He was under a bench just laying normally. I looked at him and said, hey buddy how are you?  He looked at me with his kind eyes and I went off to work. Later that night while holding the baby he was in his little house. Finn was looking at me while laying down and I said hey buddy how are you. Finn laid his head down, still looking at me as if he knew and was saying goodbye. The next morning I found Finn had passed away it hurt my heart to lose my little buddy at such a young age. We buried Finn in the forest today, prayed for him and marked his grave. I have the exact coordinates in my phone so I can take my daughter to visit Finn when she is older. I will never forget Finn and continue to love him hoping he is in a better place, without pain waiting for me until I arrive. 

• Moderators

I am so sorry you lost your little Finn.  Its the hardest thing in the world to say goodbye to our furry friends, they're like our children, such great companions.  Seven years is such a shock, way too young to expect this.  

I hope this brings you some comfort...until we meet again...

• Members
Ktaub1003367

Thank you so much Kay. It’s been two days and we know our home will never be the same. I miss little Finn terribly and what keeps me going is the knowledge he passed peacefully at home, God took him to his rest quickly. I will see my little boy again healthy and happy. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

The here and now is so hard waiting, but my faith/hope that we WILL be together again means all the world to me.  Keep the faith!