Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my dad to Covid-19 - 3 months

Reeksta

• Members

Lost my dad to covid - It was a sudden death and he was 59. He was the most humble and helpful person. It's been all this time and I almost in every other dream I see him coming out of the hospital fine. Me, my mom and myself relied on him for everything - I am grown now 23 but still don't know how to manage everything. I don't know how my family will function and how to progress with life. In india, all families are tied knit and close together - I am sad and clueless on what to do next with my life. 

• Sad 4

• Members

Dear Reeksta,

My deepest sympathies and condolences. I am so sorry for your loss. Please know you don't have to know everything now. Keep taking it day by day. The first year after my dad passed was the rawest time of my life. It's always hard to know what to do next but don't pressure yourself during this sad time. It will come to you eventually.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
Missmybeautifulmum

I'm so sorry you lost your precious dad he sounds like a lovely person. All I can say is I know how hard it is to lose a parent, I lost my mum (closest person to me in the whole world) 2 months ago..I'm just fumbling my way through lost in this grief & in life at the moment, as Reader said,  I think you do just need to take it day by day  and not think too far ahead as it's all going to feel like too much right now. Hoping we find our way through somehow,  sending you a hug.

• Members
21 hours ago, Reeksta said:

Lost my dad to covid - It was a sudden death and he was 59. He was the most humble and helpful person. It's been all this time and I almost in every other dream I see him coming out of the hospital fine. Me, my mom and myself relied on him for everything - I am grown now 23 but still don't know how to manage everything. I don't know how my family will function and how to progress with life. In india, all families are tied knit and close together - I am sad and clueless on what to do next with my life. 

Hi reeksta 

I am so sorry for your loss. Even I am from India and I lost my dad three months back due to medical negligence in second wave of covid. Me and my mother's life has become horrible afterwards. He was all we have in our life and now we don't know how to move ahead without him. I feel so lost without my father. All I beg to god is for mercy on us. Please do share your feelings here as we can help each other through this tough phase.

• Like 1

• Members
unluckydaughter
On 8/1/2021 at 12:45 PM, Reeksta said:

Dear Reeksta,

I’m in the same boat as you. I lost my dear dad to second wave of covid in India 3 months ago - unexpectedly. In 5 days of diagnosis he passed away. He was a healthy 63 year old. My brother, mom and I are still shocked and there are days when I cannot believe this happened to us even after following all covid protocols. I’m in a different country and I couldn’t see him even. I agree how our families are close knit and it’s so tough to digest this. We are kind of close knit with our extended families but nobody came to help my brother and mom due to covid. My days go by being emotional, angry, frustrated and what not. For now all I’m doing is sharing my grief on this forum. Many members have responded with concern and words of strength. You’ll feel like you’re not alone. Coz there are hardly people we know who listen to our sorrows. There are hardly people we know who “understand” what we are going through. Please continue to share your feelings, your heart may feel a bit lighter at least for time being. 

• Members

I lost my father almost two months ago due to covid. He was 69 and died less than two months before his 70s. One week before their 40th wedding anniversary. All what I’m trying to do is to support my mother. It’s very hard because she always repeats that she doesn’t want to live. I feel lost and I don’t understand how someone can get over it. I can’t imagine it could happen one day. I’ll always miss him.