Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I Lost My Dear Yorkie Shelby 6 Weeks Ago

Carolyn Henderson

• Members
Carolyn Henderson

I lost my dear fur baby Shelby about 6 weeks ago and I can't seem to get over the loss.  She was a dear companion to me and followed me wherever I went.   She was almost 12 years old, shy by 2 weeks when she passed.  I am living going about my daily routine, and socializing with friends at times but feel I am just going through the motions.  I cry daily and break down emotionally when speaking of her!  I just feel devastated!!   I just am looking forward to when my void in my heart can just be filled with her good memories,  Shelby lived for about 3 years after being diagnosed with a heart murmur.  She was on daily medication,  but died suddenly at home with congestive heart failure!   I hope somebody can send me words of encouragement! Thank you for listening!

IMG_8779.JPG

IMG_8778.JPG

• Like 1

• Moderators

I am so sorry for your loss, my heart broke to see his sweet face and your broken heart.  I know how attached we get as my little Klee Kai is always with me, they can be such great companions and we always wish for more time with them.  We grieve as hard as we love, it seems.  :(

Comfort for Grieving Animal Lovers