Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

How do people keep going?

h0lyuniverse

• Members
h0lyuniverse

How do people keep going?

everyday I cry myself to sleep for the death of my sunshine in life whom died to lymphoma cancer. Oh Cassy, you were my pup. How does one even move on from just watching your dog get put down right in front of your eyes while you can do nothing to save her only to be the last face she will ever see. 
I question myself why I even continue with this life I have. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

My son sent me an article about promise in the future for lymphoma in dogs...I wrote back I wish there'd been hope/help for my Arlie.  It's heartbreaking.  We went through the cancer journey too.   

I am so sorry for your loss, that anyone has to go through this, it's heartbreaking.  You ask about going on without him, do we have a choice?  I employed the same things I learned when I lost my husband 16 years ago, it felt much the same.  Loss is loss, grief is grief, and when you've lost the two most important relationships you've ever had, the void it leaves is incredible.  My son brought me a puppy a few months later, I think he saved my life.  I still grieve Arlie, it'll be two years next month, he was so special, no one can ever take his place, it doesn't work like that, but my puppy fills a void and gives me incentive to live, he needs me.  I think I need him even more.

I hope this brings you some comfort...

• Members

It will be 5 weeks since my boy passed away and I'm still searching for him in the house expecting to see him on the couch or his favorite rug. I have trouble eating, sleeping and taking care of myself.  It seems part of my heart died with him. I knew he was sick, I knew he was old and I knew he wouldn't be with me for the rest of my life but I didn't realize the pain of the loss would devastate me so much.  I've read many books about grieving and pets going to heaven; trying to convince myself I'd find peace with them. Doesn't work that way. I've started writing letters to him in a notebook and I tell him what's going on and how I miss him. It helps. Try it

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

When my Miss Mocha disappeared 6/3/2016 I kept looking for her, hoping to see her at the patio door only she never materialized, never found what happened to her but suspect a cougar as they frequent this area.  I never let her out at night because of it, but it was broad daylight and I was outside all day, never heard a thing.  I know they can be stealth and quiet and catch them from behind, unawares, that she would have gone into shock and hence, no noise.  But our minds can play tricks on us, trying to help us process this, whether we know what happened or not, it's still too hard to fathom.  

I know from having Kitty (she lived to 25) that I felt she'd always live, even though a part of me knows it's not possible, she always did...until she couldn't any longer.  So hard to adjust to this, my heart goes out to you, Louise.

• Like 1