Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

my granny dies and now my grandma has too!!!

samanthaa

• Members

hi everyone.

My granny passed away almost eight years ago(28th January 2005) and i still cant get over it. Now though, my grandma has died and her dying just brings everything that happened to my granny back and sometimes i just cry uncontrollably. Even though i am only 12 years of age, i have been through a lot in my life including these 2 deaths.

The problem is my mum and dad arent the people to talk to because they dont really know how to deal with it. That is why i have come to this site. I would like to hear how other people dealt with their loss and how i can deal with mine. I would also like people to tell me what they think i should do and if i should talk to a proffesional about it.

Thanks, Ellzy

• Members

I am so sorry for your losses. I lost my mom, my childrens' grandmother several months ago. It is hard and painful. Most people say talking about it or writing about it in a journal or such is helpful. I have found it to be. Reach out those you are close to...a friend, an aunt, a counselor at school and see if it would be okay to tell you story. Write it here. The emotions need to get out. I am sure some others have additional suggestions. Be kind and gentle with yourself. Your parents are sad too and sometimes it is hard when everyone is struggling to support each other. I have a bit of that with my husband who has his own issues. Take care and give yourself time. God bless.

• Members

Ellzy,

Its hard to lose people that you love!! I am 48 and just lost my dad. Each time I go to a funeral it reminds me of other funerals and it brings back all those memories. I think that's normal! My 16yr has lost 3 granddads in 1.5 yrs. She has a hard time with the losses too. Each one reminds her of the last. As a parent who lost their parent, I can tell you it does help me when my daughter talks to me about how she is feeling!

• Members

Hi. I too have just lost my grandma and I am only a teenager. I am in need of support right now. It is very hard dealing with this loss. It is traumatic to lose someone so close to you. Please email me and we can be support for one another. Samantha

• Members

hi samantha im so so sorry for your loss i have recently lost my grandma too and just like you she was my best friend

she was such a lovely person and im sure your grandma was too

if you want we can email each other and help each other

i hope u reply and we can talk bc i know what your going through and its awful

from chelsey

• Members
Alenah DeCamp

Dear Ellzy, 

I am very sorry for your loss. I've had a grandmother that's passed away a few years back and it is still difficult for us and myself. I can't say that I know exactly how you feel but I know talking about it helps. So I will lend a listening ear and also a short article that has helped myself.

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=2016084&srcid=share

Archived