New Members - Check Your Spam/Junk Folder for Confirmation Email ×

Both of my grandparents in less than 2 months

Dani-

• Members

In November, my grandpa passed away due to COVID. He had been in a nursing home for two years with Parkinson’s and Dementia. Losing him broke my heart, but I felt better knowing he was no longer suffering and trapped in his body. 

In January, my grandma (his wife) passed away. She battled for 4 years with Ovarian Cancer and Leukemia. My grandma was my best friend. She practically raised me and we did EVERYTHING together. She helped me get through my grandpa’s passing, even though I should’ve been the one helping her. 

These two people were amazing and I always said I couldn’t live my life without them, but now that’s my reality. I lost the most important people in my life and it’s unbearable. 

For the past 6 months, I have been ignoring my grief and emotionally exploding at random times. I know this isn’t healthy, but it’s how I was able to move on so quickly. I’ve realized I need to talk through my grief and process my feelings, so I decided to share my story on here. 

• Members

Dear Dani,

I'm so sorry to read about the passing of your beloved grandfather and grandmother. It's so hard to lose people we love so much. 

Please know it's normal to be angry, sad and have bursts of temper when you are mourning and grieving. 

For myself, I also found additional supports at these websites. I hope you can also find a grief therapist or grief support group in the community or through church that might help.

What's Your Grief

Grief Healing Blog

Grief Recovery Method

Grief in Common

Grief Share

My thoughts are with you.

• Members
Valerie Lockhart

Dear Dani,

I'm sorry for the loss of your grandparents. I too was very close to my granny and grandfather. The Bible urges us: “Throw your burden upon Jehovah himself, and he himself will sustain you.” (Psalm 55:22) If talking out your feelings with a sympathetic friend can help, how much more will pouring out your heart to “the God of all comfort” help you!—2 Corinthians 1:3. It is not that prayer simply makes us feel better. The “Hearer of prayer” promises to give holy spirit to his servants who sincerely ask for it. (Psalm 65:2; Luke 11:13) And God’s holy spirit, or active force, can equip you with “power beyond what is normal” to go from one day to the next. (2 Corinthians 4:7) Remember: God can help his faithful servants to endure any and every problem they may face.