Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Both of my grandparents in less than 2 months

Dani-

• Members

In November, my grandpa passed away due to COVID. He had been in a nursing home for two years with Parkinson’s and Dementia. Losing him broke my heart, but I felt better knowing he was no longer suffering and trapped in his body. 

In January, my grandma (his wife) passed away. She battled for 4 years with Ovarian Cancer and Leukemia. My grandma was my best friend. She practically raised me and we did EVERYTHING together. She helped me get through my grandpa’s passing, even though I should’ve been the one helping her. 

These two people were amazing and I always said I couldn’t live my life without them, but now that’s my reality. I lost the most important people in my life and it’s unbearable. 

For the past 6 months, I have been ignoring my grief and emotionally exploding at random times. I know this isn’t healthy, but it’s how I was able to move on so quickly. I’ve realized I need to talk through my grief and process my feelings, so I decided to share my story on here. 

• Members

Dear Dani,

I'm so sorry to read about the passing of your beloved grandfather and grandmother. It's so hard to lose people we love so much. 

Please know it's normal to be angry, sad and have bursts of temper when you are mourning and grieving. 

For myself, I also found additional supports at these websites. I hope you can also find a grief therapist or grief support group in the community or through church that might help.

What's Your Grief

Grief Healing Blog

Grief Recovery Method

Grief in Common

Grief Share

My thoughts are with you.

• Members

Dani, I’m sorry you had to go through this.Dani, I’m sorry you had to go through this. Losing your beloved ones within such a short period must have brought a lot of grief and emotional damage. Moreover, I am glad you found the strength to share your story. After my grandfather passed away, I remember I wasn’t myself for several months. Once I started moving on, my grandmother got severely ill, and I thought I’d lose her too, shortly. But she did great, and the doctors recommended us a Memory Care at Home for Vascular Dementia. Now that I am looking back, this was the best thing we could do for her. She loves the amount of attention and care she receives daily